You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step II Official 2014 Comlex 2 CE Experiences and Scores Thread!
Started by ccc2009
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is the 2-3 pm EST? I'm patiently waiting and this is the last day! Hopefully they don't push the deadline
It's 3:30p. I've hit refresh so many times I think I broke my R.Is the 2-3 pm EST? I'm patiently waiting and this is the last day! Hopefully they don't push the deadline
But supposedly, they'll still release today and we'll get an email once they're out. Again, just talked to someone there. 😀
They better have it today. I don't think I can handle waiting one more day. lol. I haven't been sleeping well at night or focusing at work for the past 4 days since Oct 13. I'm going crazy.It's 3:30p. I've hit refresh so many times I think I broke my R.
But supposedly, they'll still release today and we'll get an email once they're out. Again, just talked to someone there. 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here!They better have it today. I don't think I can handle waiting one more day. lol. I haven't been sleeping well at night or focusing at work for the past 4 days since Oct 13. I'm going crazy.
Scores are up!
I passed. Went down from Step 1 by about 20 points. And I didn't have much room to go anywhere in the first place. But I passed. And I am so happy to not have to take that test again.
Now here's hoping someone doesn't totally write me off for residency because of my scores.
I passed. Went down from Step 1 by about 20 points. And I didn't have much room to go anywhere in the first place. But I passed. And I am so happy to not have to take that test again.
Now here's hoping someone doesn't totally write me off for residency because of my scores.
I passed but my scores are dramatically lower than my step 1. I really think that the psychometric review did not apply to us. I'm not sure what to do with this
I agree. Almost everyone I know had their score go down over step 1. Yet, the NBOME keeps on moving on like everything is chill and right in the world of COMLEX.I passed but my scores are dramatically lower than my step 1. I really think that the psychometric review did not apply to us. I'm not sure what to do with this
Hi everyone. I thought I'd share my results on this exam.
COMLEX 1: 621
COMSAE Phase 2 Form C: 426, no prep
COMLEX 2 (Sept): 599
I felt terrible after taking level 2. I was very surprised and very happy with my score considering my fear of failure. My biggest fear was having a huge drop on level 2, which, luckily, didn't happen. Best of luck to everyone else taking the exam, and good luck on interviews!
COMLEX 1: 621
COMSAE Phase 2 Form C: 426, no prep
COMLEX 2 (Sept): 599
I felt terrible after taking level 2. I was very surprised and very happy with my score considering my fear of failure. My biggest fear was having a huge drop on level 2, which, luckily, didn't happen. Best of luck to everyone else taking the exam, and good luck on interviews!
So i know that this thread has pretty much ended since almost everyone has already taken step 2 and/or received their scores.....BUT.....(after experiencing some unfortunate stuff over the last few months), i am taking mine tomorrow and constantly hear people say "OB and Pediatrics!"
i was just hoping someone on here could let me know if that is, in fact, true! i still have a lot to finish reviewing tonight. anyone out there who took the exam in this "later part of the year" have any advice?
please let me know!
THANK YOU!
i was just hoping someone on here could let me know if that is, in fact, true! i still have a lot to finish reviewing tonight. anyone out there who took the exam in this "later part of the year" have any advice?
please let me know!
THANK YOU!
which qbank do you recommend combank or comquest?
which qbank do you recommend combank or comquest?
I used both. If you only have time for one, you will be able to finish ComQuest more quickly. It was a bit easier than COMBANK, though.
Damn, that's disheartening. Why do you think your did so much better on your practice exams and yet showed no improvement from step 1 to step 2?I guess I will add my story
Prep for Comlex 1. 3 weeks of prep
1× through FA
Uworld 50% complete and 50% avg
Comquest 60% complete ~63% avg
Comsae B 372 6 wks out
Comsae D 458 2 wks out
Comlex 1 496
So I wasn't happy with my score, but as you can see I was not prepared
Prep for Comlex 2- 2 1/2 mo prep
2x through MTB (step 2 for IM step 3 for the rest)
Uworld 100% complete and 61% avg
Combank 80% complete and 69 % avg
Comquest 100% complete and 75% avg
Firecracker light mode 100% marked
Comsae C 596 4 wks out
Comsae B 649 5 days out
Comlex 2 498
Didn't like this score either and I felt much better about the exam at the time
I guess I should have updated this earlier. I was part of the group that was rescored, so my final Comlex 2 was 550. Not as high as I had hoped, but much better than before.Damn, that's disheartening. Why do you think your did so much better on your practice exams and yet showed no improvement from step 1 to step 2?
Ah, well that's good to know. Sorry you didn't do better than you wanted. I'm about to go HAM on some question banks, I have to dig myself out of quite a low COMLEX 1 score.I guess I should have updated this earlier. I was part of the group that was rescored, so my final Comlex 2 was 550. Not as high as I had hoped, but much better than before.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. Took it yesterday. If there is one thing that really surprised me, it was the amount of questions I have on "Acts" and "Laws" and what each of them mean. I must have had 10 questions on different acts and laws. So it might be a solid idea to breeze through these the day before your exam. If anyone has any more questions, I'd be happy to help.
Did you do USMLE step 2? If so, how did the COMLEX compare?Hey guys. Took it yesterday. If there is one thing that really surprised me, it was the amount of questions I have on "Acts" and "Laws" and what each of them mean. I must have had 10 questions on different acts and laws. So it might be a solid idea to breeze through these the day before your exam. If anyone has any more questions, I'd be happy to help.
What did you use to study? Did you feel like your resources covered most of the stuff that showed up?
Which subjects were the most emphasized, besides OMM (IM, peds, OB etc)?
Did you do USMLE step 2? If so, how did the COMLEX compare?
What did you use to study? Did you feel like your resources covered most of the stuff that showed up?
Which subjects were the most emphasized, besides OMM (IM, peds, OB etc)?
Just did USMLE today actually. USMLE questions were MUCH harder than COMLEX. COMLEX at least tried to touch on all the "big" topics that you can remember from first aid.
I used FA and Uworld. Halfway through my studying I realized that I probably should have been using MTB 2 and 3.
I had a LOT of questions on neonates, I think, lol. It's hard to recall overall subjects on a gigantic test. I WILL say that my USMLE test had a ton of respiratory. It seemed that every other question was a lung question.
I also took it on Monday. Besides the insanely random OMM questions I had the majority of my exam was pretty well spread out. There was slightly more OB and peds though. I also had about 5 questions on different acts and laws along with about 5 biostats questions.
It's nice to hear that you thought it was a somewhat well-rounded test. You mind answering a few more questions?
What did you use to prepare? Did you feel like your q-banks cover most of the material or no? What was the OMM like? How much cranial, chapmans, and Counterstrain/ tenderpoints were on yours?
Thanks!
Thanks for the response. I'd love to hear what your final uworld, combank, and comlex score when they post your results.I only used Uworld, combank, and savarese. That covered almost everything. The omm was fairly spread out among those 3 subjects. I did have some odd questions about mandible restrictions and others that weren't covered in any of my resources.
What books do DO students generally use in preparation for Level 2 CE if not taking USMLE too? Also what question bank is better COMBANK or COMQUEST for Level 2 CE?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 244
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 822