*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied to 18 schools. CA resident. Mailed out 7/28. Not a single interview yet. seeing others successful is keeping me sane.

stats?

Members don't see this ad.

1st Interview!:soexcited:
School: NOVA
Notification date: 8/13/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/7/15
Application complete date: 8/11/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.5, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/26/24/17 none below

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
2nd interview:banana:
School:university of Louisville
Notification date:8/13/2015
Method of Notification :Email
Residency : Maryland
AADSAS mail -out date: 6/22/15
GPA :3.9
DAT(AA/TS/PAT/any section below 17 ) : 19/20/18 yes qr 16

Reactions: 6 users
4th interview! Looking forward to seeing the school and the city.

School: MUSC
Notification date: 8/12/15
Method of notification: phone call then email
Residency: NV
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/02/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/22/no

I applied to 18 schools. CA resident. Mailed out 7/28. Not a single interview yet. seeing others successful is keeping me sane.
i applied to 15 schools on 6/25 and no interviews yet. hang in there!

We need to hang in there and be patient. I have applied to 5 schools, my mail out date is 7/10, have filled out supplementals of 4/5 of the schools I applied to, but haven't received any interview invitation yet. We need to stay strong cause this is a long process. Hopefully we hear from the schools soon ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Interview invite #2

School: UF:shifty::love::laugh:
Notification date: 08/13/2015
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/16/2015
Supplementary Application complete date: 8/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.8, 3.8

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite #2

School: MWU-AZ
Notification date:
08/14/2015
Residency: international
AADSAS mail-out date: 7
/24/2015
Application complete date: 8/7
GPA (science, overall): 4.07, 4.06
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/21/19/no

But this going to be a post Dec one :(. I scheduled mine for 12/3. MWU filled up their seat this fast? :(

Last edited:
Interview invite #2

School: MWU
Notification date:
08/14/2015
Residency: international
AADSAS mail-out date: 7
/24/2015
Application complete date: 8/7
GPA (science, overall): 4.07, 4.06
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/19/19/no

But this going to be a post Dec one :(. I scheduled mine for 12/3. MWU filled up their seat this fast? :(
AZ or ILL???

We need to hang in there and be patient. I have applied to 5 schools, my mail out date is 7/10, have filled out supplementals of 4/5 of the schools I applied to, but haven't received any interview invitation yet. We need to stay strong cause this is a long process. Hopefully we hear from the schools soon ;)
Don't worry

@alumdent, @pulltheleverkronk, @BetaHelix:

Thank you guys! I was very surprised as well, especially after seeing all the interview post here for UPenn. I am happy to see that they actually looked into some application instead of sweeping their applications to the side after seeing the gpa and DAT scores not being UPER HIGH :)
Keep your heads up everyone, we all worked very hard for this process!:claps::happy:

Reactions: 7 users
its crazy to see the difference between last years interview thread and this years. so many schools already gave out interviews last year this time but this year not a peep!! I'm getting so impatient :doctor:

Reactions: 3 users
its crazy to see the difference between last years interview thread and this years. so many schools already gave out interviews last year this time but this year not a peep!! I'm getting so impatient :doctor:
We need to stat positive, it means that everyone seems to be on the same boat for this waiting game

Columbia hasn't even started to look at their applications yet so I don't expect any interview posts for a bit.

5th interview
UPenn
App Complete: 06/20/2015
Mail out date: 07/02/2015
DAT(AA/TS/PAT): 20/21/20

1st interview!!!!

School: Penn
Notification date:
08/14/2015
Residency: New York
AADSAS mail-out date:
7/2/2015
Application complete date: 7/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.61, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/18/24/no

Reactions: 7 users
Just curious about interview rejections..

If a dental school wanted to reject me prior to offering an interview, would they send me a rejection email / status update or would they just keep me hanging until the end of their cycle?

If a dental school wanted to reject me prior to offering an interview, would they send me a rejection email / status update or would they just keep me hanging until the end of their cycle?
All depends. I got rejected by two schools after hearing nothing nearly 11 months after I mailed my stuff out (...UCLA). In fact I still havent been rejected from USC and I interviewed last November.

Your AADSAS portal updates and instead of saying "under review" they put a frownie face :(

But seriously, most tend to string you along and then if they decide that you fit in somewhere in their class, they'll offer you a really late interview and hope you come. Although that's not some schools' style... I know a lot of places will also just take your money and reject you outright. It depends.

Last edited:
1st interview.
School: University of Iowa
Notification date: 8/14/15
Residency: IA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/11/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/none

Second Interview! :banana:

School: University of Louisville
Notification date: 8/14/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/30/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.5, 3.49, currently in Master's
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/21/yes QR 16
Interview date: 9/14/15

Reactions: 4 users
How many interviews does penn give out? Seems as though a LOT of people are getting interviewed there....

I just received an email from the University of Colorado stating they got my application and they'll be sending me the secondary app soon.

Reactions: 2 users
How many interviews does penn give out? Seems as though a LOT of people are getting interviewed there....

Well they have like over a 100 seats to fill or something. I think they gave out over 320 invites last year?

Well they have like over a 100 seats to fill or something. I think they gave out over 320 invites last year?

Seems as though the future is grim for me. Many people on here got interviews! Who knows how many more who aren't on here! My application was recently completed so I guess I should just mark it as a rejection, haha.

Last edited:
Not to be a debbie downer or anything but, please keep the side comments to a minimum. Let's have this thread solely for interviews/acceptances/rejections.

Reactions: 19 users
Not to be a debbie downer or anything but, please keep the side comments to a minimum. Let's have this thread solely for interviews/acceptances/rejections.
Ok Debbie . .

Reactions: 11 users
Seems as though the future is grim for me. Many people on here got interviews! Who knows how many more who aren't on here! My application was just completed yesterday so I guess I should just mark it as a rejection, haha.
Seriously? You expect them to send you an interview invitation one day after your app was received? Lol

Seriously? You expect them to send you an interview invitation one day after your app was received? Lol

Well, when they give about 320 interviews and, say, a third has already been given out... then the likelihood of getting an interview of the REMAINING spots is less likely. So there was no "expectation" that I receive an interview ONE day after I sent it my app. That makes NO sense and for you to have ASSUMED that shows that you really have no sense.

Everyone just needs to take a look at the calendar and realize it's only the beginning of the 3rd week of August. Just breathe, everything is going to be ~fine~

Well, when they give about 320 interviews and, say, a third has already been given out... then the likelihood of getting an interview of the REMAINING spots is less likely. So there was no "expectation" that I receive an interview ONE day after I sent it my app. That makes NO sense and for you to have ASSUMED that shows that you really have no sense.
Lol I wasn't trying to be rude, I was poking fun. Considering how many people have to wait weeks or months to hear back from schools, is it really likely for people to receive an invitation with a 24 hour turnaround time from the school's receipt? I think I have plenty of sense.

Everyone just needs to take a look at the calendar and realize it's only the beginning of the 3rd week of August. Just breathe, everything is going to be ~fine~

Last edited: