*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

Started by sjv
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #2!

School: University of Louisville
Notification date: 8/22/15
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: TN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA: 3.39science/3.33 BCP/3.46 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA/20 TS/23 PAT/19 RC/none
 
Last edited:
Notification date: 8/22/15
adcoms be like
loverboy.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview Invite
School: Columbia University
Notification date: 8/24/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15
Application complete date: 7/15/15
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 3.95 (undergraduate); 4.00, 4.00 (graduate)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/25/25/26/no
 
Interview Invite
School: Columbia University
Notification date: 8/24/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15
Application complete date: 7/15/15
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 3.95 (undergraduate); 4.00, 4.00 (graduate)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/25/25/26/no

With your name and graduate education, I take it you were studying plant genetics before your career change?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #3
School: LECOM
Notification date: 8/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Ga
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 6/10
GPA (science, overall) 3.68, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/21/20/ nothing below 17, but a 17QR.

Congrats! When did you complete your supplemental app?
 
I am batch 7 with a july/28 verification date. I have a 23AA 24TS 21PAT 24RC. 3.45overall 3.6 science 4.04BCP. I am non-trade CA resident. I applied to 18 schools and I haven't gotten an interview yet. Should I be worried?
 
I am batch 7 with a july/28 verification date. I have a 23AA 24TS 21PAT 24RC. 3.45overall 3.6 science 4.04BCP. I am non-trade CA resident. I applied to 18 schools and I haven't gotten an interview yet. Should I be worried?

No
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like Columbia looks primarily at dat scores... All they care is for their stats

Really disappointed by that... I'm a bit turned off.

Or Columbia just has competitive enough applicants that they can select for both high DAT scores and the other factors that make an applicant well-rounded. Don't be salty just because you didn't get an interview offer.

Also if Columbia consistently selects for high DAT they have a good reason, not "just want high stats". High DAT score probably correlates with strong performance in their dental program.