*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

Started by sjv
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Interview #1!!!

School: NOVA
Notification date:
9/17/15
Method of notification: email
Interview Date
: 11/13/15
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/04/2015
Application complete date: 9/8/2015
GPA: 3.75 Sci / 3.78 BCP / 3.8 Overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/17/no

Wait how did you get a November interview?

Edit: JK
 
Welp... that was unexpected!

Interview #3
School:
UNLV
Notification date: 9/17/15
Method of notification: E-Mail
Interview Date: 10/9/15
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/28/15 (Batch 10)
Application complete date: 9/4/2015
GPA: 3.81 Sci / 3.81 BCP / 3.54 Overall (3.93 Post-Bac)
DAT: 22 AA/22 TS/23 PAT/21 RC
I saw on the other post you said your aadsas mail out date was 8/7/15, which will make you batch 7?
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 163
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just saying that interview sites don't show up for whatever reason if someone's using the mobile app. I can't see it either unless I get on my computer

You are a life saver! All this time, I thought people just didn't want to list their school!

I use Tapatalk as my mobile app, and I can always see everything just fine. Might be easier to just switch apps than to constantly switch to computer/desktop version.
 
Interview #1!
School:
Midwestern, AZ
Notification Date: 9/17
Method of Notification: Midwestern University Website Portal
Interview Date: 10/5
Residency: UT
AADSAS Mailout Date: 8/21
Application Complete Date: 9/11
GPA: 3.77 Overall/3.55 Science
DAT: 22 AA/22 TS/20 PAT/20 RC
 
30+ dates just opened up for Midwestern Arizona if y'all are looking to reschedule to an earlier date. Unfortunately I already booked my flight for November... wanted to do it earlier but oh well.
 
30+ dates just opened up for Midwestern Arizona if y'all are looking to reschedule to an earlier date. Unfortunately I already booked my flight for November... wanted to do it earlier but oh well.

Just a tip based on this comment, if you have the choice, use Southwest to fly because they don't charge a change fee for flights, you might have to pay the difference in the fare, but most airlines charge $75 or more for changes!
 
Hey congrats on the interview! How long after mail out did you hear back from them confirming that they have received your app? Mine was mailed out a week ago and rutgers is the only school from which I haven't heard anything nor are they showing up on portal...Im just wondering if I should call them to confirm they have received my app

Hey sorry for not responding earlier. You should be fine. Rutgers download new apps once a week on Mondays according to them. I would call on Tuesday to make sure they have your app.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #6 Previous Interviews (ASDOH, MWU, UNLV,PENN,NYU)
School:USC
Notification date: 9/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency:Az
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/12/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.94 , 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/24/none
 
Interview #5!

School:USC
Notification date: 9/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/15
GPA (science, overall): 4.03 , 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/28/22/25/none
 
Interview #2
Schools
: USC
Notification Date: 09/18
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/13
TMDSAS mail-out date: 07/26
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.39, 3.20
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/20/yes - 16 QR.......

So excited!
My mail out date is same as you! Shakingly nervous now ;(
 
I think it's still kinda early in the game so hang in there! I felt the same way seeing everybody else with way better stats than me getting interviews after my mail-out date... Good luck!!
Thank you... I summited my app mid July and didnt get verified until mid august! I am checking my email every 10 secs now! Feel like something wrong with my app...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #3

School:
USC (alma mater)
Notification date: 9/18/15
Method of notification: E-mail
Interview Date: 10/7/15
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/21
Application complete date: 7/16
GPA: 3.6 science/3.5 BCP/3.5 overall
DAT: 23 AA/22 TS/21 PAT/24 RC

Others: Rutgers University, University of Iowa
 
Interview #4
School:
USC
Notification date: 9/18/15
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: TBD
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/28/15
Application complete date: 8/28/2015
GPA: 3.81 Sci / 3.81 BCP / 3.54 Overall (3.93 Post-Bac)
DAT: 22 AA/22 TS/23 PAT/21 RC
 
Interview #4
School: USC
Notification date: 9/18
Interview date: 10/13
Method of notification: email

Interview #1, 2 & 3
Schools: Case, Roseman, Marquette
Notification dates: 8/18, 8/24, 9/9
Interview dates: 9/25, 10/16, 10/26
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
GPA (science, overall): 4.00; 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/24/26/No

Rejection #1
School: UCSF
Notification date: 9/2
Method of notification: email
 
1st Rejection from Midwestern Illinois. Oh well I wasn't a fan of moving to Chicago. :arghh: At least I know one out of seven's answer. Got it in the mail. It was on nice paper though that was a nice touch.
 
Interview #7

School: USC
Notification date: 9/18/15
Method of notification: E-mail
Interview Date: ?
Residency: AR
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/24
Application complete date: 6/27
GPA: 3.6 science/3.8 BCP/3.7 overall
DAT: 28 AA/30 TS/23 PAT/28 RC

Plan on deferring to post-December if possible

Let me know if it works out I plan on the same
 
Interview #1!!!
School: University of Oklahoma
Notification date: 9-15-15
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: 9-26-15
Residency: Oklahoma
AADSAS mail-out date: 9-18-15 today!
Application complete date: 8-17-15
GPA: science 3.29, total 3.47
DAT:18 AA/17 TS/19 PAT/22 RC and yes, GC was really low :-/. QC 16
It's so great seeing a guy with regular stats get an interview!!!!! Good luck!! when did you submit your application?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry haven't updated in a while BUT OMG! After no interviews last cycle, this is real hope for below average stats + international students!!!! feel shocked/blessed... dont forget SDN members and people that post are well above the applicant pool!
Interview #1,2,3
School: roseman,udm,nyu

Notification date: early-to sept 18
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: TBD
Residency: international
AADSAS mail-out date: late june
Application complete date: late july
GPA: 3.1ishSci / 3.oish BCP / 3.2ish Overall (Almost straight 4.0 last 5 semesters (postbacc included)
DAT: 22 AA/23 TS/22 PAT

Yes anyone can do it. I got nothing last cycle. I went back to school for an informal postbacc and got a 4.0 and retook my dat (19 to 22). However, I think what has really made the difference is my personal statement and EC's. My EC's are definitely above average. Again, I wasn't even expecting one so I feel completely over the moon. Believe in you abilities!!!!!
 
Rejection #1

School
: UK Lexington
Notification date: 9/18
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: TN
AADSAS mail out date: 7/2/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.36
DAT: 21 AA / 21 TS / 20 PAT / 21 RC / none below 17

Went to 2 interviews so far, UAB and UT Memphis
 
Interview #5
School
: USC
Notification Date: 09/18
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 1/2 batch
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.46, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/24/20/no