Official 2015-2016 NYU Waitlist Support Group Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akv2480

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, yesterday was December 1st and that either was a really good or awful day for people. And for others who are waitlisted, it's a nauseating feeling of uncertainty.

Being that NYU is my top choice, and I'm sure the same with many of you, I figured we could use this thread to spread hope and support. It'd also be a great way for us to be updated with any waitlist movement.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm withdrawing my acceptance so I hope that helps!

I withdrew mine today so I hope it helps also! Hang in there! Spots will open up.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm withdrawing mine as well.

I'm withdrawing as well, goodluck!

I know... I'm kind of stunned tbh. They offered me an interview like 2 weeks after I submitted my app in October. My interview went so well. I was so happy. Do they send outright denials Dec. 1 or is it just waitlisted or accepted?

I know... I'm kind of stunned tbh. They offered me an interview like 2 weeks after I submitted my app in October. My interview went so well. I was so happy. Do they send outright denials Dec. 1 or is it just waitlisted or accepted?

I'm in the same boat as you right now. My app was mailed out in October and I received an invite less than a week after.. and my interview went great as well, the interviewer saw I applied to Columbia and told me I didn't want to go there, I should go to NYU instead. I don't understand lol

does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist? do they often waitlist?

I'm in the same boat as you right now. My app was mailed out in October and I received an invite less than a week after.. and my interview went great as well, the interviewer saw I applied to Columbia and told me I didn't want to go there, I should go to NYU instead. I don't understand lol

I interviewed at Columbia and they didn't seem to happy to learn of that haha