Official 2015 COMLEX Level 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDO2016

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realized no one made a thread for 2015 so decided to make one. Anyone take the January 6 or 22 test? There's a Feb date coming up soon too. How was it? What did you use to study and would recommend to future test-takers? Anything particularly high-yield? Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there, might as well join this one too. I will be taking the COMLEX in late June, a week after my USMLE.

Members don't see this ad :)
let's do it.

taking the USMLE in mid June followed by COMLEX a week later. i am hoping a week with Savarese is enough to teach me all the OMM i've been neglecting to study over the past two years.

My COMLEX exam is July 2 (resheduled from July 21) and I took COMSAE A on Tuesday, March 3 and scored 358 (Borderline Performance). I haven't started dedicated yet, but I took the test just to see how much I can remember. I'll be taking COMSAE D (provided by my school) in the upcoming week and i'll post my score. Also I plan to take the USMLE, but I haven't registered for it yet. Oh I rescheduled my exam because, I think that since my dedicated studying time begins in mid May i'll have enough time to study for the exam and not forget. My memory is not the best, so studying for too many months may not be helpful to me. My goal is > or = 550

I got a 430 on form A but keep in mind most people say C and D are most accurate while some get very similar scores to their comsaes, others do drastically better and few do worse. Granted I have been studying but my first COMSAE I took with no studying was worse than that.

So here is my COMSAE D score 334, hopefully, I should be able to improve on the real thing to get my target score.

How's everyone doing ? I am doing both class work and board studying. I plan to take COMSAE B on April 19 and an NBME in early May. Goodluck studying

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took form D and scored around a 630 and my test is scheduled for mid June. I know nothing about what these scores mean because everything I find online is about the USMLE. Is this a good score? Do the comsae usually over/under predict what you actual score is going to be?

Reactions: 1 user
I just took form D and scored around a 630 and my test is scheduled for mid June. I know nothing about what these scores mean because everything I find online is about the USMLE. Is this a good score? Do the comsae usually over/under predict what you actual score is going to be?
That is an impresive score. If you read your score report, it will tell you more about your score. According to my school, most students have a COMLEX score of 200 more than their COMSAE D score. Below is what i got from the NBOME website:http://www.nbome.org/comsae.asp

Standard Score :pERFORMANCE LEVEL

Lower than 350 :poor Performance

351 – 450: Borderline Performance

451 – 550: Acceptable Performance

Higher than 550: Good Performance

That is an impresive score. If you read your score report, it will tell you more about your score. According to my school, most students have a COMLEX score of 200 more than their COMSAE D score. Below is what i got from the NBOME website:http://www.nbome.org/comsae.asp

Standard Score :pERFORMANCE LEVEL

Lower than 350 :poor Performance

351 – 450: Borderline Performance

451 – 550: Acceptable Performance

Higher than 550: Good Performance
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if there is any type of report out there that says what the average comlex score is for certain specialties? Another thing that I can only find for USMLE.

Are the COMSAE's good predictor's for the actual test? Can you go down from your score or do most go up or get the same?

Last edited:
Are the COMSAE's good predictor's for the actual test? Can you go down from your score or do most go up or get the same?
i think most people go up . According to my school, most people score 180-200 points more on the actual COMLEX.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone take the test on the 1st or 2nd? Congrats on being finished if you did! How did it go? How were the questions relative to how you thought they'd be?

This thread is pretty quiet. Anybody else waiting to get this over with in the next couple months?

This thread is pretty quiet. Anybody else waiting to get this over with in the next couple months?
Taking it June 11, after I take the USMLE June 8. Doing well on COMSAEs so far (if that's worth anything at all) so hoping it all goes well.

Taking it June 11, after I take the USMLE June 8. Doing well on COMSAEs so far (if that's worth anything at all) so hoping it all goes well.
Taking comlex June 8 and usmle June 3. Haven't looked at OMT at all and just sticking to UFAP. Happy with my first NBME score but haven't done a COMSAE. Get to do the class administered form D today, see how that goes.

Taking COMLEX July 7, about 9 weeks to go,but I haven't looked at my First Aid Book for the past three weeks. I plan to pickup where I left off after i am done with my major class exams in two weeks. Happy studying

Scored a 732 on form D but was "borderline" in "healthcare delivery issues". Anyone know what types of questions/concepts that subsection refers to? The NBOME website isn't any help and we aren't able to view our incorrects.

Scored a 732 on form D but was "borderline" in "healthcare delivery issues". Anyone know what types of questions/concepts that subsection refers to? The NBOME website isn't any help and we aren't able to view our incorrects.
congrats, that is an impressive score. Sorry, i don't know what types of questions are health care delivery issues. Try sending the NBOME an email.

COMSAE: 630 (dont know which form)
I was also told I was weak in "healthcare delivery issues" lol. No idea what it was.

COMLEX: 6/25/15 (will update then)

Hah yes. It was a ploy for pelvic diaphragm release or something. I saw that and thought maybe I skipped 2 weeks of med school.

I took the COMSAE Form D and got 503. I am currently mainly using UWORLD as my main learning tool and FA as a reference guide. UWORLD runs out June 9th; subsequent to that I will switch to combank. I plan on taking the COMSAE June 25th.

I took NBME 13 today, and I got 153. I was a little discouraged but I have 58 days to buckle down and raise my score to 225 or more. I still have class work to deal with until after next Friday. I plan to take COMSAE B, on May 30. Good luck

Hey dfib slim,

Awesome score on Comsae form D!!! Any tips for this exam?

took D and got a 440, school requires a 475 to be allowed to take the exam... any recommendations? Should I take From A or B?

took D and got a 440, school requires a 475 to be allowed to take the exam... any recommendations? Should I take From A or B?
Most people i have spoken to say that the order to take the COMSAE is A-B-C, and that D is closest to the real deal.

Just took C (already took A and B) and healthcare delivery issues has been my worst on every one. Either far left column or one over. No idea what the crap it is.

3/30 A 566
4/23 B 555
5/16 C 642

Just hoping to break 650 on the real thing June 11th.

Just took C (already took A and B) and healthcare delivery issues has been my worst on every one. Either far left column or one over. No idea what the crap it is.

3/30 A 566
4/23 B 555
5/16 C 642

Just hoping to break 650 on the real thing June 11th.
It might be those "next step" questions that aren't really in review books. Everybody I talked to didn't preform high in that area.

Just keep pounding away on uworld and first aid. Did you take an NBME yet?