Official 2016-2017 ID Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
theiryhenry- Just curious since I'm considering Baylor Houston for general ID - what are the downsides of the program?

Wouldn't be able to answer because I didn't interview there, just know the are transplant heavy. Maybe someone else can comment.

Members don't see this ad.

I would appreciate anyone's feedback on these 2 questions :
Can anyone give some input regarding transplant vs General ID. Is there any difference in lifestyle/ salary/ job prospects of a transplant ID physician compared to General ID physician (if any at all) ?

Of all my interviews, I'm confused how to rank the following:
Baylor Houston, UC Aurora (latter 2 because of location) and Tufts, BU (last one was academically most appealing). Any thoughts?

I would appreciate anyone's feedback on these 2 questions :
Can anyone give some input regarding transplant vs General ID. Is there any difference in lifestyle/ salary/ job prospects of a transplant ID physician compared to General ID physician (if any at all) ?

Of all my interviews, I'm confused how to rank the following:
Baylor Houston, UC Aurora (latter 2 because of location) and Tufts, BU (last one was academically most appealing). Any thoughts?

I would say out of all the above Baylor Houston has the best program and academic reputation, not too transplant heavy I didn't think (unless your going into the combined track with MD anderson). Although the only other place I interviewed at from your list was BU. by UC do you mean university of Colorado? I would give them a strong nod, esp if you have any interest in mycobacteria.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
"They say the darkest hour is right before the dawn."
Good luck to all.

Matched.
To my #1 program.
Thank you everyone , and the forum for the info and support.

#2 choice. Very happy.
Happy to share my experience via PM if need be.
Congrats to all.

The "All-In," tactic by the IDSA has increased the number of filled positions and less unfilled position are available, I think this is a reassuring sign but continued reform is needed. Once again congrats to all those who matched.

Does anyone here have experience with specific ID fellowships that pay for one's MPH? I don't know where else to post this!

Does anyone here have experience with specific ID fellowships that pay for one's MPH? I don't know where else to post this!

Many programs have the opportunity to acquire an MPH throughout your fellowship training. You can inquire about the specifics on each fellowships' website or ask during the interview.

These I know for sure -
Yale, Tufts, JHU. Boston Univ has a MS in Epidemiology and Biostats that they fund for fellows.

Many programs have the opportunity to acquire an MPH throughout your fellowship training. You can inquire about the specifics on each fellowships' website or ask during the interview.

These I know for sure -
Yale, Tufts, JHU. Boston Univ has a MS in Epidemiology and Biostats that they fund for fellows.

Thank you for these responses! I'm entering my MS1 this summer/fall so I still have a waysssss to go. But an infectious disease fellowship is something I'm extremely interested in following an IM residency. My goal would be to complete my MPH during the fellowship. I appreciate the responses. I didn't know which subforum to post the original question so my apologies for posting in the wrong forum.

Hi friends, long time lurker, who has been following this thread. Hope everyone had a good season. As we approach the rank list certification day I was hoping to get some input on the ranking a few programs. Location not a big deal, mostly looking at strength of the program. I am interested in academic ID (no particular field or focus in mind). Hoping to do clinical or translational research in the future.

- Vanderbilt
- UPMC
- Baylor
- Mayo
- Sinai
- MSKCC
- Montiefore

Not sure if at this point I'm just splitting hairs and it may just depend on "what you want to do in ID" . Or are their clear differences in the strength and academic reputation of the above. Would appreciate any input and good luck to everyone with match and staying sane in the upcoming month !!!
Sorry, how did this list end up? Struggling with the same :(