*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!!! TOURO!! Lol Not my first choice but yeah!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 16 users
I called MWUAZ (my top choice) to update and see if I could change their mind. There are 84 people on its alternate list right now, but it won't change significantly until the mid summer.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview invite #9: Howard University :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First acceptance! Received the email from Temple this afternoon! Thank you to everyone who has helped me!

Reactions: 11 users
I know that students have the possibility of getting accepted even a week before school starts, but when is the best chance of getting accepted off of the waitlist? When May comes around is it safe to say our chances diminished significantly?
Isn't this really troublesome since you won't have housing for the school year?

Is it frowned upon by schools to call and ask for where you are on the wait list? Will they even gives this information to prospective students?

Is it frowned upon by schools to call and ask for where you are on the wait list? Will they even gives this information to prospective students?
Depends on the school. Some schools just re-evaluate the whole waitlist while others will put you into quartiles but won't disclose your rank.

Nah just ask, you don't even have to tell them your name if you don't want to.

I was invited to six schools and got rejected and waitlisted from all schools. I thought all my interviews went pretty well, but now on, I guess I did something wrong on every interview because I have no acceptances until today. I thought I answered every questions and showed my interests well, so I need help to figure out what I said or did wrong. If you guys ever heard back anything about your interviews from the rejected schools, do you mind tell me about it?
++ My gpa and dat score is 3.6 and 21. I have very enough shadowing hours as well.

I was invited to six schools and got rejected and waitlisted from all schools. I thought all my interviews went pretty well, but now on, I guess I did something wrong on every interview because I have no acceptances until today. I thought I answered every questions and showed my interests well, so I need help to figure out what I said or did wrong. If you guys ever heard back anything about your interviews from the rejected schools, do you mind tell me about it?
++ My gpa and dat score is 3.6 and 21. I have very enough shadowing hours as well.
Feel free to PM me. I would think it was your interviews

I finally heard back from Temple on Monday for an invite to interview on May 9th but I declined as soon as I got it because I'm going to my state school so hopefully there maybe something for someone there.

Reactions: 3 users
I declined ASDOH this morning. Goodluck to the next person on the waitlist!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What are the chances of getting accepted this far into the year?
I know of at least a few individuals accepted within the last week or so. I have heard anecdotally of people being accepted just before classes were about to start. I think realistically though you should start to prepare to reapply since the application will be reopening soon. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
What are the chances of getting accepted this far into the year?

I got accepted to two schools off waitlists in the past 2 weeks. Don't lose out hope yet, but have your reapplication materials ready (if you haven't been accepted anywhere yet)

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted to two schools off waitlists in the past 2 weeks. Don't lose out hope yet, but have your reapplication materials ready (if you haven't been accepted anywhere yet)

Which schools?

I am! Still hoping for some good news!

I JUST got my 3rd acceptance!!

For those of you waiting, there's still hope. IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER

Acceptance #3
School: UMN
Interview Date: August
Notification date: 6/1/17 <---- lol
Method of notification: phone
Residency: Cali
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/10/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.2-ish 3.4-ish
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21, 20, 24, 23, none

Reactions: 7 users

Acceptance #3

350.png

Reactions: 2 users

Acceptance #3
Did you have to take the TOFEL?

Acceptance #3

At least you didn't have to wait an entire year to hear back. *Insert Laughing Emoji* (I'm on my computer haha)

Acceptance #3

Congrats future classmate!!! I'm also from Cali!

Reactions: 1 user
How realistic can someone be about getting off of a waitlist now?

Still on a waitlist as well :/

Still on a waitlist as well :/
I just don't see why anyone would drop their seat at this point given all schools have their seats filled, thus no shuffling around. Unless someone has some kind of emergency and can't attend school this year, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't have much hope honestly :T

I just don't see why anyone would drop their seat at this point given all schools have their seats filled, thus no shuffling around. Unless someone has some kind of emergency and can't attend school this year, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't have much hope honestly :T

I agree. But school hasn't sent a rejection notice yet, and anything can happen until first day of class. For the last few years there has been an increasing number of applicants that have been called last minute and even on the first day of class. I know chances seem slim, but I am just trying to stay positive you know. I am almost ready to reapply just going to give it a few more weeks. :shrug: