*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjv

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's that time again, here is the 2016-1017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread.

Current cycle's Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed): http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...line-thread-submitted-verified-mailed.1201746

Last cycle's thread for reference: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...nterview-acceptance-rejection-thread.1145480/

Please use the following format so interviews/acceptances/rejections stand out when posting:

School:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
GPA (science, overall)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
First mailing: 6/24/16

Please try and keep the unnecessary posts to a minimum even though this thread will inevitably get cluttered.

If you have a question, please post it in this thread (or make your own if necessary): http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ask-your-random-questions-about-aadsas-here.1199981/

If you would like to know your chances, please post here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/post-your-chance-me-threads-here.1203197/

If you need some general information about applying, read this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...7-application-cycle-and-the-universe.1197114/

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
School: MWU-AZ
Notificationdate: 6/23
Method of notification: email
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application complete date: e-submitted 6/10 GPA Verified 6/21
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.6 oGPA:3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 21 TS 22 PAT 21 RC 20 NONE BELOW 17

So interview is set for September 6th. Let me know if you're gonna join me.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they send out interviews offer to everyone that get supplement apps?

Maryland sent me the email saying they receieved my application, but i didnt get a supplemental from them. is this normal?

Maryland sent me the email saying they receieved my application, but i didnt get a supplemental from them. is this normal?
Did you pay the fee? I got 2 emails from them btw. Received and On Hold for future DAT

Notificationdate: 6/23
Residency: AZ
Application complete date: e-submitted 6/10 GPA Verified 6/21
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.6 oGPA:3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 21 TS 22 PAT 21 RC 20 NONE BELOW 17

So interview is set for September 6th. Let me know if you're gonna join me.

Congrats! Did you submit/pay for a supplemental??

(oops, idk if I should be replying here or maybe making a general question to the new 2021 thread but.... let me know!!)

Last edited:
Did you pay the fee? I got 2 emails from them btw. Received and On Hold for future DAT

I paid the fee like the second week of June, wow they sent you an email saying its on hold?

Boom!

Notification date: 6/24
Residency: IN
Application complete date: e-submitted 6/2
GPA Verified 6/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.74 oGPA:3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19 TS 18 PAT 21 RC 22. None Below 17

PS; check your portal if you applied to MWU-AZ

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did you submit/pay for a supplemental??

(oops, idk if I should be replying here or maybe making a general question to the new 2021 thread but.... let me know!!)
Yeah, i submitted and payed my supplemental on Tuesday night.

My application was put On Hold as well for future DAT. When I emailed them, they said that they won't make a decision until they receive DAT scores. This also means waiting to find out if you receive an invitation for their supplemental because they don't send it out to everyone.

First interview!

Notification date: 6/28/16
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/16
Application complete date: 6/17/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.05 sGPA, 3.15 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA / 24 TS / 21 PAT / 20 RC / none

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
good luck everyone! application cycles are always stressful but hang in there and always reach out to people here if you have any questions!!

:)

Interview #1

Method of notification: Portal
Residency: IN
Application complete date: 6/01/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.77 sGPA, 3.83 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA / 19 TS / 18 PAT / 26 RC (none under 17)

This is kind of random but how did you find it that your application was complete on that date? Was that just the date you completed each section?
It's just the date I e-submitted my app...my gpa was verified the 13th.

Thank you! Did you just keep checking until you saw your gpa show up under the gpa status ?
They email you when it is finished that way you don't have to keep checking, but once your gpa is verified, that is when your app will be "mailed out". But the schools will have access to your app before its officially mailed out as long as your gpa is verified and you can start receiving supplementals then.

They email you when it is finished that way you don't have to keep checking, but once your gpa is verified, that is when your app will be "mailed out". But the schools will have access to your app before its officially mailed out as long as your gpa is verified and you can start receiving supplementals then.
I got emails from schools and my GPA is not even calculated

I got emails from schools and my GPA is not even calculated
I got emails too from a couple before, but I didn't get any supplementals until it was verified

I got emails too from a couple before, but I didn't get any supplementals until it was verified
How long did it take for your GPA to get verified? I'm getting a little bit tired.

waitlisted for an interview at Midwestern Arizona - does that basically mean I'm out of the running? i.e very few get an interview/in once their interview has been waitlisted?

waitlisted for an interview at Midwestern Arizona - does that basically mean I'm out of the running? i.e very few get an interview/in once their interview has been waitlisted?

What are your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Good luck, guys!

[
First interview!

Residency: CA
Application complete date: 6/17/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.05 sGPA, 3.15 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA / 24 TS / 21 PAT / 20 RC / none

Congrats! You're going to do great :)

Good luck to everyone applying this cycle! I was in the same position as you guys last year and now I can look back and laugh at all the stressful moments. Don't feel discouraged and keep on keepin on!

Reactions: 5 users
Notification date: June 27th, 2016
Residency: MI
Application complete date: Supplemental - 6/26
GPA (science, overall) : 3.71, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/20/ None below 17

I expected a rejection from MWU AZ cuz of my lousy DAT lol, but got waitlisted for interview today, hopefully get an interview after i retake the DAT.
sGPA: 3.22 oGPA: 3.35

I expected a rejection from MWU AZ cuz of my lousy DAT lol, but got waitlisted for interview today, hopefully get an interview after i retake the DAT.
sGPA: 3.22 oGPA: 3.35

What did you score on the DAT?

How long does it take for MWU to review your application and email you after you've submitted your supplemental?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

First Interview!

Notificationdate: 7/1
Method of notification: Portal; email on 7/2
Residency: FL
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.2 oGPA: 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20 TS 20 PAT 19 RC 19 NONE BELOW 17

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
First Interview!

Notificationdate: 7/1
Method of notification: Portal; email on 7/2
Residency: FL
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.2 oGPA: 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20 TS 20 PAT 19 RC 19 NONE BELOW 17
I think i will fill out the supplemental for this school now. Have same stats and you just gave me hope with this post.

Reactions: 2 users
Will schools typically not email you with interview invites until after you have your DAT scores in?
I applied to MWU AZ, but I'm retaking my DATs next week.
(I submitted my primaries June 22nd and had my GPA confirmed two days ago)

Will schools typically not email you with interview invites until after you have your DAT scores in?
I applied to MWU AZ, but I'm retaking my DATs next week.
(I submitted my primaries June 22nd and had my GPA confirmed two days ago)

Your application will not be considered complete, so they will wait for your scores and then send your file to the admissions committee for review.

Your application will not be considered complete, so they will wait for your scores and then send your file to the admissions committee for review.
MWU do not hold application at all. I am retaking my DAT too but they still reviewed my apps, so you might see updates next week about secondary apps.

Post deleted

Last edited:
Plenty people get in with that, you shouldn't stress it. Average for MWU is 18AA btw.
ADEA AADSAS guide has their average at a 19 - also contacted admissions for clarification (I was interview wait listed last week) - I was told that only 4 people or so get pulled off of the list (typically they are the ones who retook DAT) - so I'm basically counting this as a rejection since I have no intention of retaking

My 1st interview!
School: Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine NSU-CDM
Notification date: 07/05/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Maryland
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/24/16
Application complete date: 06/02/16
GPA (science, overall) graduate science 3.82 graduate overall 3.9 usGPA 3.2 uGPA 3.3 (120 credits + in undergrad) sGPA 3.35 oGPA 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/22/18/ nope

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
GPA (science, overall) 3.82 3.9

How hard is NSU to get into? You have great scores so you'll have no problem, but why did you decide to apply to NSU?

GPA (science, overall) 3.82 3.9
did you get an interview invite?