Official 2016-2017: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baratheonfire

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sigh

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
As the wise Goro says "Patience is a virtue, instant gratification is not" if you dont have any iis by thanksgiving have a plan B or be prepared to be a reapplicant!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Go outside. Go watch a movie.
Dude I distract myself as much as possible. I go to work 2 days a week and go to class for the rest. But it's very disheartening to see each weekend pass by with no news.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
As the wise Goro says "Patience is a virtue, instant gratification is not" if you dont have any iis by thanksgiving have a plan B or be prepared to be a reapplicant!

Sometimes when I have an itch I wait a few extra seconds to itch it.

Reactions: 10 users
Oh wow, I am actually surprised at how late this thread was created this year (given our stupendous premed neuroticism)

Reactions: 1 users
No posting about lack on interview invites until after you've had your Thanksgiving pie. Canadians: wait one month after Thanksgiving pie.

Reactions: 20 users
No posting about lack on interview invites until after you've had your Thanksgiving pie. Canadians: wait one month after Thanksgiving pie.

How about non-Canadian internationals?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You guys have a serious legacy to live up to. Last year's "no interview" thread is about 100 pages long and was a wild, wild ride. FYI, in case you're in the depression/anxiety stage right now, there does come a point where it's so ridiculous that it's funny. Then brief elation when you receive your first interview, then back to depression when you get your first waitlist, which increases as you get more waitlists, but then reaches a critical mass where it too becomes funny. Then when you finally give up all hope you get accepted, and realize that you aged about 49 years over the span of eight months.

Reactions: 46 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys have a serious legacy to live up to. Last year's "no interview" thread is about 100 pages long and was a wild, wild ride. FYI, in case you're in the depression/anxiety stage right now, there does come a point where it's so ridiculous that it's funny. Then brief elation when you receive your first interview, then back to depression when you get your first waitlist, which increases as you get more waitlists, but then reaches a critical mass where it too becomes funny. Then when you finally give up all hope you get accepted, and realize that you aged about 49 years over the span of eight months.
>when you receive your first interview
One can dream

Reactions: 1 user
>when you receive your first interview
One can dream
It will happen, just give it some time. I can't tell you not to worry because it's natural to worry about something so important to you. I can tell you to do everything in your power to try and take your mind off of applying. It sounds like you have a good application. I seem to remember you getting a really good score on the MCAT. Much of the process is black magic and we're just along for the ride.

Reactions: 2 users
It will happen, just give it some time. I can't tell you not to worry because it's natural to worry about something so important to you. I can tell you to do everything in your power to try and take your mind off of applying. It sounds like you have a good application. I seem to remember you getting a really good score on the MCAT. Much of the process is black magic and we're just along for the ride.
Wow, the people in last year's thread weren't lying when they said you had a talent for keeping people sane

Reactions: 4 users
Wow, the people in last year's thread weren't lying when they said you had a talent for keeping people sane
bara - I think it's sad that people are giving you a hard time. Last year's thread was started almost two months earlier. As banana says, last year's thread was very supportive. I hope that this one serves the same purpose for you and others this year.

Reactions: 11 users
bara - I think it's sad that people are giving you a hard time. Last year's thread was started almost two months earlier. As banana says, last year's thread was very supportive. I hope that this one serves the same purpose for you and others this year.

Is it just me or are the school threads just plain less active this year?

Go with US Thanksgiving, 4th Thursday in November. Canadian Thanksgiving is 2nd Monday in October so they are admonished to wait a month after their Thanksgiving pie.
Woah. Canada has a different Thanksgiving? I actually never thought about that. I wonder if they have a different 4th of July too

Reactions: 8 users
I think I know how Voldemort felt every time one of his Horcruxes were destroyed....

cause everytime I open an email and see "We regret..." I feel like I just lost a piece of my damn soul

Reactions: 25 users
Hell, I'm still waiting on my mcat score.

Filling out my secondaries as distraction while I wait for my score. I haven't even thought about ii's yet.

I was in last year's infamous thread. Overall average application (31/3.8). A lot of IIs come first week of January! So please dont start feeling disappointed or sad until then. However, if you do not hear anything by Thanksgiving, I would start taking a close look at your application and see what can be improved and start working on it.

Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Wow after reading through last years thread, this year it seems this thread is not as active, well i guess that's a good thing

Well, let's not let this thread sink to the bottom. What is your favorite side dish at Thanksgiving?

I'll play. My MCAT score is released today, so I am desperate for distraction.

Sweet pototos covered with marshmallows. OR, stuffing, if it's a REALLY good recipe (not Stove Top)

Reactions: 3 users
Canadian Thanksgiving
It's like regular thanksgiving, but with more hockey.

But seriously, my mom makes the best squash soup ever. She only makes it on thanksgiving and I could eat a gallon of the stuff.

Well, let's not let this thread sink to the bottom. What is your favorite side dish at Thanksgiving?
There are two types of people in this world: people who love mashed potatoes and those who are wrong.

Reactions: 28 users
This year's thread may be late as both last year's thread and another one on invites seem to have taken alot of traffic away (see below)

So those who are somehow adding to their neurotic ammo with "what does this thread being so late mean? Are there less interviews? " Just the Chill the Pie Out.

BTW, my favorite dish at Thanksgiving is when my cousin-in-law dishes out the dirt on her side of the family.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/how-many-ii-invites-do-you-have-so-far.1219625/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ingle-interview-invite-thread.1154282/page-92

Reactions: 11 users
The thought of being waitlisted again makes me cringe :hungover:
But on another note - I reallyyyy like sweet potato casserole (with marshmallows) lol

There is at least one religious denomination that doesn't celebrate civil holidays or birthdays or Christmas (that could be considered a civil holiday and/or a religious holiday in much of the world). That cuts back on the parties one might attend.
Nah I don't celebrate thanksgiving since I wasn't even a US citizen until June. Also I'm vegetarian and pretty much only eat South Indian food so I doubt I'd do anything.
In regards to parties I didn't mean like birthday parties (though I don't throw birthday parties since I hate being the center of attention)

Nah I don't celebrate thanksgiving since I wasn't even a US citizen until June. Also I'm vegetarian and pretty much only eat South Indian food so I doubt I'd do anything.
In regards to parties I didn't mean like birthday parties (though I don't throw birthday parties since I hate being the center of attention)

Have you tried tofurky ?

Do yo
Do you also kneel in front of an altar and whip yourself daily?

Reactions: 3 users
Do yo

Do you also kneel in front of an altar and whip yourself daily?

e31.jpg

Reactions: 19 users
Did you know that none of those at the first Thanksgiving were US citizens? ;) You don't have to be American to give thanks for your blessings, and for the bountiful harvest and for friendship and mutual assistance.

I had a professor in college who was an immigrant and a widower so he often ate with students in the cafeteria. He was fascinated with what people ate at Thanksgiving besides turkey. Although we were a pretty much "white bread" school, there were ethnic differences in what we ate with, or before, the turkey (lasagna, pirogues, sweet pickles, etc.) You can certainly enjoy special occasion foods of your ethnic tradition at Thanksgiving without eating turkey.

Most people throw birthday parties for others and not for themselves.

Reactions: 15 users
Did you know that none of those at the first Thanksgiving were US citizens? ;) You don't have to be American to give thanks for your blessings, and for the bountiful harvest and for friendship and mutual assistance.

I had a professor in college who was an immigrant and a widower so he often ate with students in the cafeteria. He was fascinated with what people ate at Thanksgiving besides turkey. Although we were a pretty much "white bread" school, there were ethnic differences in what we ate with, or before, the turkey (lasagna, pirogues, sweet pickles, etc.) You can certainly enjoy special occasion foods of your ethnic tradition at Thanksgiving without eating turkey.

Most people throw birthday parties for others and not for themselves.
I mean it's not like I'm unfamiliar with what Thanksgiving is; I grew up in the US after all.
I just can't identify with it. My traditions are thousands of years old and stem from a totally different culture. This seems too forced and artificial for me (though for others it may feel natural).
My home really is its own enclave of India in America. I don't even speak English with my family.
Honestly most Asian families (and other nonwhite immigrants) I know don't celebrate Thanksgiving.
Also I do the whole giving thanks thing everyday anyway.

I mean it's not like I'm unfamiliar with what Thanksgiving is; I grew up in the US after all.
I just can't identify with it. My traditions are thousands of years old and stem from a totally different culture. This seems too forced and artificial for me (though for others it may feel natural).
My home really is its own enclave of India in America. I don't even speak English with my family.
Honestly most Asian families (and other nonwhite immigrants) I know don't celebrate Thanksgiving.
Also I do the whole giving thanks thing everyday anyway.

Idk why but ur posts always seem so defensive and standoffish. LizzyM was only trying to be helpful/friendly

Reactions: 16 users
Status
Not open for further replies.