Official 2019-2020 Thread For <70 LizzyM Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1: 30 MD, 4 DO
2: 24 MD, 4 DO
II: 6 (All MD, no luck with DO surprisingly)
IA: 4
A: none yet but I'm hoping they are coming!
WL: (1 if you count Albany's under consideration as a wait list)
R: -0
sGPA: 3.85, cGPA: 3.40, MCAT: 504 (retake)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
LM 69, ORM, re-applicant
1: 25
2: 25
II: 7
IA: 6
A: 4!!!
WL: 1
R: - 0

Do not give up!!! I was a high GPA (cGPA: 3.97, sGPA 4.0), low MCAT (500 -> 506) applicant. Grateful for my outcome, and wishing you all the best!
Wow are you me?

Reactions: 1 user
LM 67, ORM, Disadvantaged first-time applicant

1: 29
2: 29
II: 12
IA: 7
A: 6!! (4 MD/2 DO)
WL: 1
R: 8+ at this point lol

I think I’ve almost heard from every school I applied to, which is a blessing or a curse depending on how you look at it! Also, I lurk on SDN, but saw this post and actually made an account to post/inspire hope amongst this crew. Best of luck to you LM <70 applicants :)

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Feeling a little less confident than I felt October 14th, but still chugging along and hoping for good news!
LM 68, and WARS around the same. MD: 31 primaries, 30 secondaries, 8 interview invites, 2 attended.

2 waitlists from my attended interviews so far. I consider myself a pretty ok-good interviewer, so I'm either not as good of an interviewer as I thought OR my stats were low enough to keep me on just too low a step, according to LizzyM's staircase analogy. Either way, just trying to improve for my upcoming interviews and hope for good. Honestly, never expected more than 0-2 interviews anyways, so I am still very grateful.

Officially reporting in with an A!!

In my previous post I was discouraged by 2 waitlists, which were then followed by 2 more waitlists in November. I was starting to think that's the only result I'd ever get and was feeling really bad about my prospects. I was fully expecting a 5th WL, but by the grace of god/Rihanna was blessed with an A the day before Thanksgiving. And if this is the only one I get, I'd still be over the moon. I'm so happy, so grateful, and so tired.

Let's keep getting after it sub-70 crew!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Officially reporting in with an A!!

In my previous post I was discouraged by 2 waitlists, which were then followed by 2 more waitlists in November. I was starting to think that's the only result I'd ever get and was feeling really bad about my prospects. I was fully expecting a 5th WL, but by the grace of god/Rihanna was blessed with an A the day before Thanksgiving. And if this is the only one I get, I'd still be over the moon. I'm so happy, so grateful, and so tired.

Let's keep getting after it sub-70 crew!!!
YES (YAS?) I knew you'd make it

• Love
Havent had any luck. Starting to think I submitted to the wrong schools. I don’t know why but I just have pure silence from everyone except 2 schools. Its incredibly frustrating.

I just discovered this thread and dropped into say that it makes my heart incredibly happy. I am definitely in the reinvention category and have done great in the past 4 years but started out the beginning of undergrad pretty tragically. I’m VERY proud of myself at this point but this cycle definitely has a way of drawing out ones insecurities. Supposed to find out from the only interview I’ve had in the next few weeks so I’ve been crazy anxious but y’all really helped me calm down and stay positive! I’m wishing us all success in this cycle and our endeavors! Good luck guys!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Best of luck! You can do it! Stay positive!

LM 67 ish
MD interview invites: 1 to UMASS med
DO invites: 1 to NYITCOM

Reactions: 4 users
Are you IS by any chance for UMass?
Yes I am. (just realized if you're on mobile you won't see my sig saying "MA resident")
UMASS med does interview about half of IS candidates and then accepts between 40-50 percent ( the rest get waitlisted). But, MA applicants are like CA applicants - really strong. So I was still floored I got the invite.

Last edited:
Re-applicant, lowish GPA, med-high MCAT, non-URM but not sure I qualify as ORM. After being waitlisted and ultimately rejected at my only two interviews last year, I've gotten 4 IIs (2 top 10, WTF) with 1 A. Waiting to hear back from my second interview and about to go to my third tomorrow!

• Love
I mean, with my UMASS interview invite I felt like this :
"We would really like the opportunity to get to know you in person."
1575842356227.png

But seriously. Two II for Jan ( UMASS pre schedules, NYITCOM available to schedule with Jan dates) , made me feel amazing. Like I here I am, with two interview invites, scheduling them so they don't conflict with each other just makes me feel...*squirms* Never thought I'd be in this position.Everyone who told me I have what it takes...it looks like they were right.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Re-applicant, lowish GPA, med-high MCAT, non-URM but not sure I qualify as ORM. After being waitlisted and ultimately rejected at my only two interviews last year, I've gotten 4 IIs (2 top 10, WTF) with 1 A. Waiting to hear back from my second interview and about to go to my third tomorrow!

Damn son 2 top 10's. What do you think changed?

Damn son 2 top 10's. What do you think changed?
In all honesty, I don't know. I gained more research experience (no publication) and exposure with a different patient population (had 400+ hrs of clinical experience beforehand). I think having a "more personal" personal statement helped. I think I may be a weird applicant though; only one "low tier" school across my two cycles showed me any love.

What do you mean by lowish GPA?

65, URM, and no
DO is the smart thing to do for <70 LM, man! I know that applying is expensive AF but instead of doing 25 MD even 10 MD and 10 DO would have yielded better results! Sorry :(

Good luck everyone!

I believe I’m around 65 LM, okay MCAT, okay gpa but a significant upward trend.

I was fortunate to get 5 MD II and 3 DO invites and 4 MD A’s! I’m still waiting to hear back from the other MD school but I’m incredibly grateful and humbled by this entire experience. After having a handful of F’s and W’s and an overall meh start to college, it is possible to recover!!!

Edit: accepted to my top choice, which I believed I didn’t even have a chance at!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
LM 69
2 DO II
1 WL
1 A :))))

Silence from other 4 DO schools
3MD Rs, 4 pre II holds, and 14 ghosted

Last cycle I only applied to 11 schools with same LM score but got 2MD II and 2DO II, all unfortunately ended in WL and I never got off any of those WLs. Its weird to me that Ive gotten less interview invites this cycle since I have an objectively better app. Added ~1000 more research hours, a publication in a fairly high impact journal, and ~800 more clinical hours, half were paid half volunteer. Kinda shows how random this process is

Reapplicant, URM, LM >60 (strong upward trend, avg mcat)
8 MD, 1R
7 DO, 1 II, 1R, 1A

I am so grateful and blessed; I have wanted this so long and to finally make it feels a dream. Just wanted to provide a nugget of motivation for those still on the journey. When a dream is in your heart, nothing can stop it from coming to fruition!

Reactions: 6 users
DO is the smart thing to do for QUOTE]

Id do DO but probably next cycle. I want to see how the match fairs with the merger coming up first. Im patient and really want to get this right the first time since I gave up going to some pretty prestigious schools when I transferred in undergrad.

LM 67.
Applied 9 MD and 9 DO.
1MD interview, still waiting to hear back
8 DO interviews, 6 attended, 6 acceptances

Last edited:
  • Wow
LizzyM: 68
Applied to 12 MDs and 6 DO
7 interviews attended (2 MD, 4 DO)
Accepted to 3 DO, 1 MD (my dream school UWash!) and 1 rejection.

Congrats to everyone accepted and to those who are still waiting, have hope but don’t stop improving your app until you get accepted

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
LM 67
13 MD
5 DO
R: 4 MD (3 from reaches), 0 DO
II: 0 MD, 2 DO
A: 0

I’ve heard absolutely nothing from most schools...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
LM 68
15 MD
2 DO
R: 0 yet?
II: 1
A: 1

3rd time reapplicant. Decent GPA lowish MCAT. Keep trying guys, your time will come.

• Love
LM 68
15 MD
2 DO
R: 0 yet?
II: 1
A: 1

3rd time reapplicant. Decent GPA lowish MCAT. Keep trying guys, your time will come.

What would you consider lowish MCAT?