You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2019-2020 Thread For <70 LizzyM Thread
Started by minminzee
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wow are you me?LM 69, ORM, re-applicant
1: 25
2: 25
II: 7
IA: 6
A: 4!!!
WL: 1
R: - 0
Do not give up!!! I was a high GPA (cGPA: 3.97, sGPA 4.0), low MCAT (500 -> 506) applicant. Grateful for my outcome, and wishing you all the best!
Tired_Neuro
New Member
LM 67, ORM, Disadvantaged first-time applicant
1: 29
2: 29
II: 12
IA: 7
A: 6!! (4 MD/2 DO)
WL: 1
R: 8+ at this point lol
I think I’ve almost heard from every school I applied to, which is a blessing or a curse depending on how you look at it! Also, I lurk on SDN, but saw this post and actually made an account to post/inspire hope amongst this crew. Best of luck to you LM <70 applicants 🙂
1: 29
2: 29
II: 12
IA: 7
A: 6!! (4 MD/2 DO)
WL: 1
R: 8+ at this point lol
I think I’ve almost heard from every school I applied to, which is a blessing or a curse depending on how you look at it! Also, I lurk on SDN, but saw this post and actually made an account to post/inspire hope amongst this crew. Best of luck to you LM <70 applicants 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Feeling a little less confident than I felt October 14th, but still chugging along and hoping for good news!
LM 68, and WARS around the same. MD: 31 primaries, 30 secondaries, 8 interview invites, 2 attended.
2 waitlists from my attended interviews so far. I consider myself a pretty ok-good interviewer, so I'm either not as good of an interviewer as I thought OR my stats were low enough to keep me on just too low a step, according to LizzyM's staircase analogy. Either way, just trying to improve for my upcoming interviews and hope for good. Honestly, never expected more than 0-2 interviews anyways, so I am still very grateful.
Officially reporting in with an A!!
In my previous post I was discouraged by 2 waitlists, which were then followed by 2 more waitlists in November. I was starting to think that's the only result I'd ever get and was feeling really bad about my prospects. I was fully expecting a 5th WL, but by the grace of god/Rihanna was blessed with an A the day before Thanksgiving. And if this is the only one I get, I'd still be over the moon. I'm so happy, so grateful, and so tired.
Let's keep getting after it sub-70 crew!!!
YES (YAS?) I knew you'd make itOfficially reporting in with an A!!
In my previous post I was discouraged by 2 waitlists, which were then followed by 2 more waitlists in November. I was starting to think that's the only result I'd ever get and was feeling really bad about my prospects. I was fully expecting a 5th WL, but by the grace of god/Rihanna was blessed with an A the day before Thanksgiving. And if this is the only one I get, I'd still be over the moon. I'm so happy, so grateful, and so tired.
Let's keep getting after it sub-70 crew!!!
D
deleted1011020
Havent had any luck. Starting to think I submitted to the wrong schools. I don’t know why but I just have pure silence from everyone except 2 schools. Its incredibly frustrating.
D
deleted980663
I just discovered this thread and dropped into say that it makes my heart incredibly happy. I am definitely in the reinvention category and have done great in the past 4 years but started out the beginning of undergrad pretty tragically. I’m VERY proud of myself at this point but this cycle definitely has a way of drawing out ones insecurities. Supposed to find out from the only interview I’ve had in the next few weeks so I’ve been crazy anxious but y’all really helped me calm down and stay positive! I’m wishing us all success in this cycle and our endeavors! Good luck guys!
LM 67 ish
MD interview invites: 1 to UMASS med
DO invites: 1 to NYITCOM
MD interview invites: 1 to UMASS med
DO invites: 1 to NYITCOM
D
deleted1011020
LM 67 ish
MD interview invites: 1 to UMASS med
DO invites: 1 to NYITCOM
Are you IS by any chance for UMass?
Yes I am. (just realized if you're on mobile you won't see my sig saying "MA resident")Are you IS by any chance for UMass?
UMASS med does interview about half of IS candidates and then accepts between 40-50 percent ( the rest get waitlisted). But, MA applicants are like CA applicants - really strong. So I was still floored I got the invite.
Last edited:
D
deleted955650
Re-applicant, lowish GPA, med-high MCAT, non-URM but not sure I qualify as ORM. After being waitlisted and ultimately rejected at my only two interviews last year, I've gotten 4 IIs (2 top 10, WTF) with 1 A. Waiting to hear back from my second interview and about to go to my third tomorrow!
I mean, with my UMASS interview invite I felt like this :
"We would really like the opportunity to get to know you in person."
But seriously. Two II for Jan ( UMASS pre schedules, NYITCOM available to schedule with Jan dates) , made me feel amazing. Like I here I am, with two interview invites, scheduling them so they don't conflict with each other just makes me feel...*squirms* Never thought I'd be in this position.Everyone who told me I have what it takes...it looks like they were right.
"We would really like the opportunity to get to know you in person."
But seriously. Two II for Jan ( UMASS pre schedules, NYITCOM available to schedule with Jan dates) , made me feel amazing. Like I here I am, with two interview invites, scheduling them so they don't conflict with each other just makes me feel...*squirms* Never thought I'd be in this position.Everyone who told me I have what it takes...it looks like they were right.
D
deleted1011020
Re-applicant, lowish GPA, med-high MCAT, non-URM but not sure I qualify as ORM. After being waitlisted and ultimately rejected at my only two interviews last year, I've gotten 4 IIs (2 top 10, WTF) with 1 A. Waiting to hear back from my second interview and about to go to my third tomorrow!
Damn son 2 top 10's. What do you think changed?
D
deleted955650
In all honesty, I don't know. I gained more research experience (no publication) and exposure with a different patient population (had 400+ hrs of clinical experience beforehand). I think having a "more personal" personal statement helped. I think I may be a weird applicant though; only one "low tier" school across my two cycles showed me any love.Damn son 2 top 10's. What do you think changed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you mean by lowish GPA?Re-applicant, lowish GPA, med-high MCAT, non-URM but not sure I qualify as ORM. After being waitlisted and ultimately rejected at my only two interviews last year, I've gotten 4 IIs (2 top 10, WTF) with 1 A. Waiting to hear back from my second interview and about to go to my third tomorrow!
D
deleted955650
Like 3.3 cGPA/sGPAWhat do you mean by lowish GPA?
D
deleted1011020
LM 65..
No R’s. Just compete silence.
3 R's: Oklahoma, RFU, Dartmouth
Hold at GWU.
Silence from the other 22.
DId you apply DO as well? And what *is* your LM?3 R's: Oklahoma, RFU, Dartmouth
Hold at GWU.
Silence from the other 22.
D
deleted1011020
DId you apply DO as well? And what *is* your LM?
65, URM, and no
DO is the smart thing to do for <70 LM, man! I know that applying is expensive AF but instead of doing 25 MD even 10 MD and 10 DO would have yielded better results! Sorry 🙁65, URM, and no
Good luck everyone!
I believe I’m around 65 LM, okay MCAT, okay gpa but a significant upward trend.
I was fortunate to get 5 MD II and 3 DO invites and 4 MD A’s! I’m still waiting to hear back from the other MD school but I’m incredibly grateful and humbled by this entire experience. After having a handful of F’s and W’s and an overall meh start to college, it is possible to recover!!!
Edit: accepted to my top choice, which I believed I didn’t even have a chance at!!!
I believe I’m around 65 LM, okay MCAT, okay gpa but a significant upward trend.
I was fortunate to get 5 MD II and 3 DO invites and 4 MD A’s! I’m still waiting to hear back from the other MD school but I’m incredibly grateful and humbled by this entire experience. After having a handful of F’s and W’s and an overall meh start to college, it is possible to recover!!!
Edit: accepted to my top choice, which I believed I didn’t even have a chance at!!!
Last edited:
LM 69
2 DO II
1 WL
1 A 🙂)))
Silence from other 4 DO schools
3MD Rs, 4 pre II holds, and 14 ghosted
Last cycle I only applied to 11 schools with same LM score but got 2MD II and 2DO II, all unfortunately ended in WL and I never got off any of those WLs. Its weird to me that Ive gotten less interview invites this cycle since I have an objectively better app. Added ~1000 more research hours, a publication in a fairly high impact journal, and ~800 more clinical hours, half were paid half volunteer. Kinda shows how random this process is
2 DO II
1 WL
1 A 🙂)))
Silence from other 4 DO schools
3MD Rs, 4 pre II holds, and 14 ghosted
Last cycle I only applied to 11 schools with same LM score but got 2MD II and 2DO II, all unfortunately ended in WL and I never got off any of those WLs. Its weird to me that Ive gotten less interview invites this cycle since I have an objectively better app. Added ~1000 more research hours, a publication in a fairly high impact journal, and ~800 more clinical hours, half were paid half volunteer. Kinda shows how random this process is
Reapplicant, URM, LM >60 (strong upward trend, avg mcat)
8 MD, 1R
7 DO, 1 II, 1R, 1A
I am so grateful and blessed; I have wanted this so long and to finally make it feels a dream. Just wanted to provide a nugget of motivation for those still on the journey. When a dream is in your heart, nothing can stop it from coming to fruition!
8 MD, 1R
7 DO, 1 II, 1R, 1A
I am so grateful and blessed; I have wanted this so long and to finally make it feels a dream. Just wanted to provide a nugget of motivation for those still on the journey. When a dream is in your heart, nothing can stop it from coming to fruition!
D
deleted1011020
DO is the smart thing to do for QUOTE]
Id do DO but probably next cycle. I want to see how the match fairs with the merger coming up first. Im patient and really want to get this right the first time since I gave up going to some pretty prestigious schools when I transferred in undergrad.
LM 67.
Applied 9 MD and 9 DO.
1MD interview, still waiting to hear back
8 DO interviews, 6 attended, 6 acceptances
Applied 9 MD and 9 DO.
1MD interview, still waiting to hear back
8 DO interviews, 6 attended, 6 acceptances
Last edited:
LM 67
13 MD
5 DO
R: 4 MD (3 from reaches), 0 DO
II: 0 MD, 2 DO
A: 0
I’ve heard absolutely nothing from most schools...
13 MD
5 DO
R: 4 MD (3 from reaches), 0 DO
II: 0 MD, 2 DO
A: 0
I’ve heard absolutely nothing from most schools...
D
deleted1011020
LM 65 URM
29 MD applications
A: 0
II: 1
R: 3
Hold: 1
29 MD applications
A: 0
II: 1
R: 3
Hold: 1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LM 68
15 MD
2 DO
R: 0 yet?
II: 1
A: 1
3rd time reapplicant. Decent GPA lowish MCAT. Keep trying guys, your time will come.
What would you consider lowish MCAT?
50XWhat would you consider lowish MCAT?
D
deleted955650
518what do you mean by 'med-high MCAT?'
@hno1
D
deleted1011020
LM 65 URM
29 MD applications
A: 0
II: 1
R: 3
Hold: 1
R: 4. Silence from the rest.
Bruh if 518 is med-high then 6'4" is medium-high in height
D
deleted955650
I’d trade that 518 for 6’4” 🙁Bruh if 518 is med-high then 6'4" is medium-high in height
Agreed for sure lolI’d trade that 518 for 6’4” 🙁
I’d trade that 518 for 6’4” 🙁
Agreed for sure lol
Haha really?? Didn’t say 6’4” and has a real talent with basketball
Similar threads
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K