Official 2020-2021 Infectious Disease Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Adding the programs from Kaustikos assuming Friday. Let's try to maintain the formatting going forward.

Interview Invitation List:
8/12 - VCU, BIDMC, MGH/BWH
8/13 - UVA, Rutgers-NJ, Loyola-IL
8/14 - University of Nebraska, Wake Forest, Montefiore/Einstein, UT-Houston, University of Michigan, University of Tennessee, Stoney Brook University

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
8/14 - University of Nebraska, Wake Forest, Montefiore/Einstein, UT-Houston, University of Michigan,
University of Tennessee
Stoney Brook University
8/17: Wayne State

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the average time it may take for a program to confirm a date once you provide couple choices? I wish every program used the ERAS calendar lol

Don't think this invite is a 2nd round invite since so close to the other Stony Brook offer, maybe they just reviewed more applications over the weekend?

8/14 - University of Nebraska, Wake Forest, Montefiore/Einstein, UT-Houston, University of Michigan, University of Tennessee, Stoney Brook University
8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University

8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University, GWU

8/14 - University of Nebraska, Wake Forest, Montefiore/Einstein, UT-Houston, University of Michigan, University of Tennessee, Stony Brook University
8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University, GWU, BIDMC (2), UTMB

Last edited:
Adding U Mass

8/14 - University of Nebraska, Wake Forest, Montefiore/Einstein, UT-Houston, University of Michigan, University of Tennessee, Stony Brook University
8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University, GWU, BIDMC (2), UTMB , UMass

Reactions: 1 user
Adding U. Rochester

8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University, GWU, BIDMC (2), UTMB , UMass, University of Rochester

Anyone heard from any IL programs other than Loyola?

Nope. I feel like fewer people are posting this year than last. I also assume most rejections are silent. Applied to 40ish programs, heard back from three total; fighting the urge to apply to more.

8/17 University of Connecticut and UTMB Galveston

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. I feel like fewer people are posting this year than last. I also assume most rejections are silent. Applied to 40ish programs, heard back from three total; fighting the urge to apply to more.
I think 40 is a good number. Will suggest to wait and see.

I think .. program are reviewing still.
same here applied to 40 and heard from 4 programs

It feels like people are trolling. Unifying the list.

8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University, GWU, BIDMC (2), UTMB (2), UMass, University of Rochester, University of Connecticut

I think .. program are reviewing still.
same here applied to 40 and heard from 4 programs
That's what i feel. Frankly surprised I have interviews so soon. But I'm not complaining and waiting for more.
Goodluck to all
It feels like people are trolling. Unifying the list.

8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University, GWU, BIDMC (2), UTMB (2), UMass, University of Rochester, University of Connecticut
Trolling how? I'm not lying and will gladly screenshot the interview invites. I'm just excited/happy I got them so early.

Trolling how? I'm not lying and will gladly screenshot the interview invites. I'm just excited/happy I got them so early.

No, I mean trolling because we keep having to reformat the list.

8/14 - University of Nebraska, Wake Forest, Montefiore/Einstein (2), UT-Houston, University of Michigan, University of Tennessee, Stony Brook University

According to the Last year ID application forum, most of the invites are in July 22 to august 5. But last year application started at July 15.

so will have to wait another 10 days to exactly know how things are.

8/17 University of Connecticut and UTMB Galveston
Congrats on UConn....are you from around? They have pretty good global health opportunities. Waiting to hear from them

When I program doesn’t want to you to schedule on ERAS rather want to reply wirh couple days to ERAS message or separate email....approx how long should we expect to wait before they confirm?...any thought?
I have sent my dates to a few wirh no replies yet. Don’t want to look too pushy emailing them yet.

8/14 - University of Nebraska, Wake Forest, Montefiore/Einstein (2), UT-Houston, University of Michigan, University of Tennessee, Stony Brook University
8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University, GWU, BIDMC (2), UTMB (2), UMass, University of Rochester, University of Connecticut, Ochsner-NOLA

8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University, GWU, BIDMC (2), UTMB (2), UMass, University of Rochester, University of Connecticut, Ochsner-NOLA, University of Illinois Chicago

I agree .. I have not heard any reply either :(
A previous year applicant said they lost an IV that way. I am gonna give them like a week and send a brief email ‍

Last edited:
Adding U of Iowa

8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University, GWU, BIDMC (2), UTMB (2), UMass, University of Rochester, University of Connecticut, Ochsner-NOLA, University of Illinois Chicago
8/18- University of Iowa,

Adding Allegheny

8/14 - University of Nebraska, Wake Forest, Montefiore/Einstein (3), UT-Houston, University of Michigan, University of Tennessee, Stony Brook University
8/18- University of Iowa, Allegheny

Last edited:
Adding Tulane

8/14 - University of Nebraska, Wake Forest, Montefiore/Einstein (3), UT-Houston, University of Michigan, University of Tennessee, Stony Brook University
8/18- University of Iowa, Allegheny, Tulane University

Add Ascension St. John Detroit
Maine and Allegheny as well
8/18- University of Iowa, Allegheny (2), Tulane University, Maine, St. John in Detroit

Add Ascension St. John Detroit
Maine and Allegheny as well
8/18- University of Iowa, Allegheny (2), Tulane University, Maine, St. John in Detroit
Are we putting in brackets how many people in the thread heard from the program?

Are we putting in brackets how many people in the thread heard from the program?
Seems like the best way to keep people updated

8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University, GWU, BIDMC (2), UTMB (2), UMass, University of Rochester, University of Connecticut, Ochsner-NOLA, University of Illinois Chicago (2)
8/18- University of Iowa(2), Allegheny (2), Tulane University, Maine, St. John in Detroit

8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University, GWU, BIDMC (2), UTMB (2), UMass, University of Rochester, University of Connecticut, Ochsner-NOLA, University of Illinois Chicago (2)
8/18- University of Iowa(2), Allegheny (2), Tulane University, Maine, St. John in Detroit, NYP Cornell

8/12 - Rutgers-NJ, Westchester NY
8/14 - Stony Brook University, Icahn SOM
8/17 - University of Illinois Chicago
8/18- St. John Detroit

8/12 - Rutgers-NJ, Westchester NY
8/14 - Stony Brook University, Icahn SOM
8/17 - University of Illinois Chicago
8/18- St. John Detroit

See formatting. Fixing. Also, I didn't realize we were keeping tracking of number so added another to BIDMC.

8/12 - VCU, BIDMC (2), MGH/BWH, Rutgers-NJ
8/13 - UVA, Rutgers-NJ (2), Loyola-IL
8/14 - University of Nebraska, Wake Forest, Montefiore/Einstein (3), UT-Houston, University of Michigan, University of Tennessee, Stony Brook University (2), Mount Sinai
8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University (3), GWU, BIDMC (3), UTMB (2), UMass, University of Rochester, University of Connecticut, Ochsner-NOLA, University of Illinois Chicago (3)
8/18 - University of Iowa(2), Allegheny (2), Tulane University, Maine, St. John in Detroit (2), NYP Cornell

Last edited:
Adding BIDMC. Thoughts on adding a program multiple times? Ex: BIDMC & others have been sending out invites sporadically, should we consolidate our numbers around the first invitation date or update programs daily? I'm inclined to continue to add by invite date to avoid confusion and inform others of rolling invites but would like to hear what others think.

8/14 - University of Nebraska, Wake Forest, Montefiore/Einstein (3), UT-Houston, University of Michigan, University of Tennessee, Stony Brook University (2), Mount Sinai
8/17 - Wayne State, Stony Brook University (3), GWU, BIDMC (3), UTMB (2), UMass, University of Rochester, University of Connecticut, Ochsner-NOLA, University of Illinois Chicago (3)
8/18 - University of Iowa(2), Allegheny (2), Tulane University, Maine, St. John in Detroit (2), NYP Cornell, BIDMC

Adding BIDMC. Thoughts on adding a program multiple times? Ex: BIDMC & others have been sending out invites sporadically, should we consolidate our numbers around the first invitation date or update programs daily? I'm inclined to continue to add by invite date to avoid confusion and inform others of rolling invites but would like to hear what others think.

8/18 - University of Iowa(2), Allegheny (2), Tulane University, Maine, St. John in Detroit (2), NYP Cornell, BIDMC
If we’re doing that we may want to highlight ones that we continue to get IVs from

I also have another suggestion...how about if we do by program and add dates they sent out invited
Ex: BIDMC 8/12, 8/17, 8/18

I agree, I think seeing who is doing rolling admissions is valuable. Actually, maybe we could arrange the list in alphabetical order like this? Then it is much easier to see who has sent out invites, and when:

Allegheny - 8/18
Ascension St. John - 8/18
BIDMC - 8/12, 8/17, 8/18
GWU - 8/17
Loyola-IL - 8/13
Maine Medical Center - 8/18
MGH/BWH - 8/12
Montefiore/Einstein - 8/14
Mount Sinai - 8/14
NYP-Cornell - 8/18
Ochsner-NOLA - 8/17
Tulane University - 8/18
University of Connecticut - 8/17
University of Illinois Chicago - 8/17
University of Iowa - 8/18
University of Massachusetts - 8/17
University of Michigan - 8/14
University of Nebraska - 8/14
University of Rochester - 8/17
University of Tennesee - 8/14
University of Texas-Houston - 8/14
UTMB - 8/17
UVA - 8/13
Rugters-NJ - 8/12, 8/13
Stony Brook University - 8/14, 8/17
VCU - 8/12
Wake Forest - 8/14
Wayne State - 8/17

Awesome, we can even put how many ppl got IV on a certain date for each program...will try to do when I have time unless someone is on it already

I agree, I think seeing who is doing rolling admissions is valuable. Actually, maybe we could arrange the list in alphabetical order like this? Then it is much easier to see who has sent out invites, and when:

Sounds good to me. It does make it a bit easier to add rolling dates and let people find the institutions they care about.

Adding UTSW.

Allegheny - 8/18
Ascension St. John - 8/18
BIDMC - 8/12, 8/17, 8/18
GWU - 8/17
Loyola-IL - 8/13
Maine Medical Center - 8/18
MGH/BWH - 8/12
Montefiore/Einstein - 8/14
Mount Sinai - 8/14
NYP-Cornell - 8/18
Ochsner-NOLA - 8/17