Official 2020 IM Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdocftw

M4
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pretty much copied verbatim from 2018.

School: Top 150
Step Scores: 200-280ish, 200-280ish, Step 2 CS Pass
Grades: P/HP/H All rotations and SubI
Research: Maybe
AOA: Maybe, maybe not
Interview Invites: Some top programs, some mid -tier, some low tier, and some community, went on 12 IV total
Rejections: Top tier and mid tiers—why should I tell you?
Matched (+ # on ROL): #2–it’s a top 300 program in the US. Just trying to maintain some anonymity here, folks.

Advice: Interview well. Don’t interview badly.

COVID19 may have taken away our match days and graduation, but let's post one of these to have some normalcy to our match year!

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
School: Low tier MD
Step Scores: Step 1 25x, Step 2 24x, CS pass on 1st try
Grades: 4H, 1HP, 1P
Research: A couple of experiences, but no publications..definitely a weakness in my app. FWIW, I did have leadership positions as well as some decent ECs.
AOA: Yes
Interview Invites: UK, Louisville, Carolinas Med Ctr, UIC, Emory, Baylor, UVA, WashU, Wake, OSU, Cincy, VCU, Tulane, MUSC, UF, USF, LSU-Shreveport, UT Galveston
Rejections: UNC, Vandy, UT Houston, UT Memphis. Silence from UTSW, Miami, Rush, Case, GT, GWU, UAB (this one surprised me)
Matched (+ # on ROL):

Advice: I think I lost out on some top programs due to my decrease in Step 2 which was definitely unexpected (took both UW forms with avg of 264), so do your best on that. Otherwise, AOA certainly opened doors for me...I don't think I would've received as many interviews as I did considering my Step 2 drop and lack of significant research. With that said, I was complimented on my personal statement throughout the interview season, so don't underestimate its' importance. If you are shooting for T10, definitely get some significant research under your belt, and AOA if possible. One last point, apply broadly and when you receive invites from "safeties" or programs lower on your list, schedule them for later in the season (Dec-Jan). This way, once you start to hear back from more competitive programs and you reach your ideal number of interviews, you can save yourself money by not going to the less desirable places while simultaneously allowing another applicant to get that interview. I received 18 IIs, but only went to 13 and ranked all 13, so my season was definitely cost effective. Overall, I think my match process went well!

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty much copied verbatim from 2018.

School: Top 150
Step Scores: 200-280ish, 200-280ish, Step 2 CS Pass
Grades: P/HP/H All rotations and SubI
Research: Maybe
AOA: Maybe, maybe not
Interview Invites: Some top programs, some mid -tier, some low tier, and some community, went on 12 IV total
Rejections: Top tier and mid tiers—why should I tell you?
Matched (+ # on ROL): #2–it’s a top 300 program in the US. Just trying to maintain some anonymity here, folks.

Advice: Interview well. Don’t interview badly.

COVID19 may have taken away our match days and graduation, but let's post one of these to have some normalcy to our match year!

Good luck!
Congrats. What a pointless post though.

Members don't see this ad :)