Official 7/14/2012 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rjosh33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen this date posted yet, but I know I can't be the only one taking it on this day. It's almost exactly two months away, and hopefully everybody's prep is productive so far. I've been doing a lot of practice tests, and, at the advice of others, ordered a quarterly subscription to The Economist to try and help out with Verbal (jury's still out on that one). My target score is going to be tough to reach, and I still have a lot of work to do to get there. We'll see how it goes in about 60 days.

Any other "7/14ers" out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
duJfA.gif

I was under the impression that the score release times were in EST not central?

just checked the site to make sure and sure enough it is in eastern time -
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/reserving/261800/deadlineandscorerelease.html

so isn't it usually out around 3pm EST not central? (not trying to be a jerk or anything just trying to see if I have to wait a few hours more or not :()

Yeah, judging from other dates' score release times, we can expect our scores to be up around 3:10 EST.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm really hoping for this. My first mcat felt so easy, I'm guessing the curve was ridiculously low. This one felt much harder.

I don't want to scare anyone, specially since everyone is scared. But I took the June 21 MCAT, and this test was much easies compared to that one...expect the curve to be nasty, specially on the easy verbal.

I don't want to scare anyone, specially since everyone is scared. But I took the June 21 MCAT, and this test was much easies compared to that one...expect the curve to be nasty, specially on the easy verbal.

Dude. What is your problem? Why would you say that to a bunch of freakishly anxious ppl trying anything they can to be a little bit optimistic? Seriously not cool. Also, prefacing it with " I don't want to scare anyone" doesn't do crap.

Well glad you felt that way, not everyone did. So try and not be a downer.

Slowly beginning to panic more and more.. 2 hours 34 minutes

Dude. What is your problem? Why would you say that to a bunch of freakishly anxious ppl trying anything they can to be a little bit optimistic? Seriously not cool. Also, prefacing it with " I don't want to scare anyone" doesn't do crap.

want me to sugarcoat it buddy...? want me to say...i think everyone will score 30+ ?

:):p;):love::idea:???

Never felt this anxious in my life! I've been feeling like I'm at the top of the roller coaster ride knowing that there is a huge drop in front of me. I was doing pretty bad around the middle of the physics section and towards the end in bio. My prediction is 10... I'd be lucky to get into 20s...

Okay listen Nostradamus, if you took the June 21 MCAT, why are you even on this thread? You came out of your way to post something so silly. Thanks for that heads up on the "nasty curve." I can see you must clearly work for AAMC.

I am waiting for my husband's score form the 7.14 test, I think I am almost as nervous as you guys.. I know it is a little worse though for those who took it.

Best of luck to everyone!:)

Okay listen Nostradamus, if you took the June 21 MCAT, why are you even on this thread? You came out of your way to post something so silly. Thanks for that heads up on the "nasty curve." I can see you must clearly work for AAMC.

i also took the July 14 one...even without knowing my scores because i knew i bombed verbal...i got 13/8/13 on the june one....so u can figure why i decided to rush and retake.

39 members and 79 guests viewing this thread, classic.

And at Nandrolone, you're right you didn't break any rules, but that doesn't mean it was a nice thing to do. It's not against the law to walk in to a hospital waiting room and say "oh you're waiting on a loved one in cardio surgury? Not to alarm you but someone just coded in that OR wing, good luck." but it is kind of messed up. Your intentions weren't to freak everyone out, we get that, but just leave us to our anxiousness, it's high enough as it is..

about 1 hour and 40 minutes, ahh!

39 members and 79 guests viewing this thread, classic.

And at Nandrolone, you're right you didn't break any rules, but that doesn't mean it was a nice thing to do. It's not against the law to walk in to a hospital waiting room and say "oh you're waiting on a loved one in cardio surgury? Not to alarm you but someone just coded in that OR wing, good luck." but it is kind of messed up. Your intentions weren't to freak everyone out, we get that, but just leave us to our anxiousness, it's high enough as it is..

about 1 hour and 40 minutes, ahh!

agreed...i was just stating my feelings on what the curve could be like based on previous experience, having taken a real MCAT only 2.5 weeks before.

So what everyone doing to kill time until the scores are up? I'm about go to archery range for an hour and try to remain calm

@ Nandralone Yeah, I know man. I figured you were just trying to help, in a weird way that we didn't quite expect. Remember our nerves aren't quite capable of handling any sort of antagonism right now, intentional or unintentional. lol.

Alright, no more bitterness guys, focus on preparing tissues and champagne. :)

So what everyone doing to kill time until the scores are up? I'm about go to archery range for an hour and try to remain calm

I am at my work (lab) right now, so doing a western and analyzing a proteinurea gel helps a bit... just a bit..

I've never understood why people worry about the curve. If the test is hard they raise your score because it's lower than it should be compared to other tests. if the tests easy they lower your score for the same reason. Either way you still get what you deserve relative to other people... Your score won't be higher our lower than it "should" be... You'd likely get the same score had you taken a different version of the test

No bitterness people. We all want the same thing. 30+ !!

Best of luck to everyone. I hope everyone reaches their goals.

I just hope I don't have to cry my eyes out after I see that score. :scared: :scared:

I've got a gallon of rum sweet tea sitting back at my apartment, I'm probably getting destroyed with two other friends who took it too. The reasons for drinking remain to be seen

I've never understood why people worry about the curve. If the test is hard they raise your score because it's lower than it should be compared to other tests. if the tests easy they lower your score for the same reason. Either way you still get what you deserve relative to other people... Your score won't be higher our lower than it "should" be... You'd likely get the same score had you taken a different version of the test
That is the most reasonable and logical explanation I have ever heard. I totally agree with you ( or at least I really hope you are right).