Official Acceptances!!!!!! c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OtakuVet

MU c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I just got accepted to Murdoch University for c/o 2015 (5yr program)!!
:soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
CONGRATS!!!!!!!

[Insert joke about kangaroos/crocodile hunter]

Members don't see this ad :)
FABULOUS!!!! you would start in January, correct?

I dont know. I need to defer till July.

Hey that's fantastic! Congratulations!:)

WELL DONE!!!!! I'm definitely a bit jealous, I had really wanted to apply to Murdoch and Melbourne and then basically just didn't get it done. I totally regret it. But anyways, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Aus is the best, I miss it all the time.

I dont know. I need to defer till July.

You probably won't be able to do that, because the academic year starts in feburary, and there's no mid year start. The second semester subjects require successful completion of the first semester subjects as pre-reqs. Talk to murdoch, but I think you'll have to defer the whole year.

(And you're actually c/o 2014... 2010, 2011,2012,2013,2014 :))

Oh, and perth is awesome. Great sunny weather in summer, beautiful rain in relatively mild winter, AWESOME beaches, cute pubs and bars, great resturants, so laid back, awesome public transport, farm on campus, friendly professors, AWESOME students... *sigh*. the only thing we dont have a lot of in perth is kangaroos. Sorry!

Last edited:
Oh, and perth is awesome. Great sunny weather in summer, beautiful rain in relatively mild winter, AWESOME beaches, cute pubs and bars, great resturants, so laid back, awesome public transport, farm on campus, friendly professors, AWESOME students... *sigh*. the only thing we dont have a lot of in perth is kangaroos. Sorry!

geez sunshinevet, you're making me wish i had applied there. :D

You probably won't be able to do that, because the academic year starts in feburary, and there's no mid year start. The second semester subjects require successful completion of the first semester subjects as pre-reqs. Talk to murdoch, but I think you'll have to defer the whole year.

(And you're actually c/o 2014... 2010, 2011,2012,2013,2014 :))

Oh...no kangaroos....sad face. Im hoping to not defer till next year...much prefer to get started this year. But I found out that it seems either one way or the other. I hope I can it just means what kind of money I can find over the next week or so. I really wish I had that nice rich relative right now...;-;

CoNGraTuLatIONs!!!!
Perth is a terrific city! I spent some time at Murdoch. You will *love* it! - fantastic people & awesome places to study and spend your time :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I decided to check out the Murdock website, and saw this-

"The majority of students commence in February (Semester 1), however based on exemptions awarded for previous tertiary studies, some students; both Australian residents and internationals, are eligible to commence in July (Semester 2). "

So you may be able to defer for July.

I decided to check out the Murdock website, and saw this-

"The majority of students commence in February (Semester 1), however based on exemptions awarded for previous tertiary studies, some students; both Australian residents and internationals, are eligible to commence in July (Semester 2). "

So you may be able to defer for July.

Nope. Murdoch is in terms and according to how their schedule is sorted out it seems that it only starts in Feburary. If I started in July...I would be in I believe 3rd term which would put me behind of anatomy and physiology which is a no go.

I'd contact them and ask about it anyway. It specifically says that some students may be eligible to begin in July, so you never know. Maybe it'll work out!

edit- Ah I see what you are saying. You'd have to have taken anatomy and phys to start in july... right?

I'd contact them and ask about it anyway. It specifically says that some students may be eligible to begin in July, so you never know. Maybe it'll work out!

edit- Ah I see what you are saying. You'd have to have taken anatomy and phys to start in july... right?
Yeah. And I would hope no one places out of Veterinary Anatomy or Physiology. I kinda wish I could place out of Biochemistry. Im taking it right now and I have a really strong B. Hopefully an A by the end.

Once we start getting offers for admissions, how long do we have before we notify schools?

An email Davis just sent out says they hope to notify us of final decisions no later than April 1st. So if other schools need to know earlier than we hear from Davis, we lose our deposit or something, right? I know someone this happened to last year.

The US schools are all under agreement to not require a commitment until April 15. Caribbean schools, however, are well known for requiring a nonrefundable deposit before then. Good way for them to make what basically amounts to free money, preying on insecurities like that. ;)

The only similar scenario involving only US schools is the case of a person who committed and paid a deposit before the deadline to a school while on a waitlist for a school higher on their list, and then was offered a position at the waitlist school and accepted it.

Nyanko - you just about gave me a heart attack. Seriously.

no kidding....can we just keep this thread for the list, pretty please?

the Caribbean schools require an early deposit because they have rolling admissions. If you are not ready to pay a seat deposit, or make a commitment to a Carib school, i would hold off on applying. The flip side is, if you know you will go to a Carib school no matter what, then it may not hurt to go ahead and apply. Hopefully, you will get accepted and get interview invites to US schools as well. It may help not only to relax you, but give you a confidence boost going into your interviews. If it in any way helps you earn a spot at a US school, it is well worth the 500 bucks in my book.

Good Luck!

edit: oops, guess i am now a guilty party as well :smuggrin:

Did anyone else get the email from Davis Squibby is talking about? I'm going to wait before I freak out, but I'm wondering what email you're talking about, Squibby.

/derail

Speaking of Carribean schools...alot of them wont leave me alone now. ;-;!!! Well St. George's has called my house at least 5 times now....pretty weird. And I want to keep this as the thread! But Im sure someone will make a more official one and thus mine will be sent to the wayside.

lol, yea, St. Georges has been calling me for 3 years now...ever since I went to their open house at my undergrad institution. And I'm in vet school now, and they are STILL calling me! But usually they call when I'm busy so they just leave a message and I never actually talk to them.

Speaking of Carribean schools...alot of them wont leave me alone now. ;-;!!! Well St. George's has called my house at least 5 times now....pretty weird. And I want to keep this as the thread! But Im sure someone will make a more official one and thus mine will be sent to the wayside.

Ok here goes!!!

University of Pennsylvania: absvet (I 12/11, call 12/14)

congrats!!

Acceptances

University of Pennsylvania
: absvet (I 12/11, call 12/14)

Murdoch University: OtakuVet

Acceptances

University of Edinburgh: AlaskaGrad (e-mail 12/14)

: absvet (I 12/11, call 12/14)

Thanks! I'm so excited!!:soexcited:

This will NOT help me study for my biochem final on Thursday!

I guess they just didn't call anyone over the weekend? They said it was weird because sometimes kids would get called while at Happy Hour and others wouldn't. They called me at 10:30am though!

I just got the call today too! I'm so excited!:soexcited:

Now I seriously can't focus on finals!

Congrats absvet and everyone else!

Acceptances

University of Edinburgh: AlaskaGrad (e-mail 12/14)

: absvet (I 12/11, call 12/14); purplegrl (I 12/11, Call 12/14)

Yay for everyone! Did I talk to either of you guys absvet and purplegrl? I was the Asian girl (out of three) from Boston with Danlos-Ehlers interested in shelter med.

Acceptances

Ohio State University: Minnerbelle (I 12/12, in person 12/12 oos)

University of Edinburgh:
AlaskaGrad (e-mail 12/14)

: absvet (I 12/11, call 12/14); purplegrl (I 12/11, Call 12/14); minnerbelle (I 12/11, call 12/14 oos)
[/QUOTE]

CONGRATS everyone!:clap::clap::clap:

Oh yeah, I should post too..

Acceptances

Murdoch University
: OtakuVet

St. George's University: Iheartgoldens (12/?: Phone call)

University of Edinburgh:

: absvet (I 12/11, call 12/14); purplegrl (I 12/11, Call 12/14); minnerbelle (I 12/11, call 12/14 oos)

seriously minnerbelle, quit making us all look bad.

thanks everyone! :highfive:

if it makes you feel any better, I self-rejected myself 2 cycles in a row after I had all my pre-reqs, GRE's, and quite a few experiences under my belt :p.

this whole process has been soooo long coming (i've been consumed by it for the last 7 years) that it's such a relief!

good luck to everyone else! i know the waiting game sucks, but it'll all be worth it in the end!

Last edited:
Awesome y'all. I LOVE this thread....

c'mon and join me Alaskagrad!!

Congrats!!!

Yay for everyone! Did I talk to either of you guys absvet and purplegrl? I was the Asian girl (out of three) from Boston with Danlos-Ehlers interested in shelter med.

Acceptances

University of Edinburgh:

[/QUOTE]

Congrats minnerbelle! I don't think I had the chance to meet you. I am one of the other two Asian girls lol

Congrats minnerbelle! I don't think I had the chance to meet you. I am one of the other two Asian girls lol[/QUOTE]

Then I know exactly who you are because the 3rd Asian girl was in my tour group!

Congrats minnerbelle! I don't think I had the chance to meet you. I am one of the other two Asian girls lol

Did you go to happy hour? I think I met a non-Minnerbelle Asian girl at happy hour :D[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't get the chance to. I had to catch a bus :(

I wish I went though! The penn students were telling us that happy hour is what they look forward to every week!

Acceptances

Murdoch University
: OtakuVet (email 11/11)

St. George's University: Iheartgoldens (12/?: Phone call)

University of Edinburgh:

Otaku, do you know yet if you're defering next year? If not, I look forward to making you drink like a freshie again at vet camp! :D