*~*~*~* Official AMCAS "Work/Activities" Tips Thread 2020-2021 *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a research or teaching position placed under Paid Employment viewed any differently than if they were placed under Research or Teaching? I have held part-time teaching assistant positions then moved on to full-time teaching positions. Similarly, I have moved from part-time graduate student researcher positions to full-time paid researcher positions at a national laboratory. I'm wondering if I should put them all under Research and Teaching, or perhaps move some to Paid Employment? Every position I just mentioned was paid.
Paid positions imply more responsibility and accountability (as well as reliability), but for research activity, there absolutely should be at least one space labeled Research (you can mention "Paid" in the narrative). If you want to use a Teaching label (again, at least one space so tagged is desirable, but not as important), and it was paid, mention Employment or Job (fewer characters) in the title of the space.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.