Official ASDOH C/O 2012 Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

REDSOX08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to those who will be there next year. sounds like a wicked cool school.

Members don't see this ad.

looks like i will be there alone next year. bummer

I was accepted there too, congrats.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure I will be at ASDOH next year too. I have to decide between ASDOH and Marquette. I'll take a few days to make the decision--what do you like about ASDOH that makes you want to go there?

I'll be there for sure next year!

has anyone received their packet in the mail, yet? how much is the deposit and when is it due? i think they told me by jan 2?

has anyone received their packet in the mail, yet? how much is the deposit and when is it due? i think they told me by jan 2?

I haven't received the packet yet, but Nan told me that we are supposed to pay $1000 by Jan 2.

Hey y'all. I'm in too. I was told that packets were mailed out on Friday and we should expect them in the next week. Deposit is $1000 and due in 30 days.

hey guys, CONGRATS! ASDOH is my top choice right now, between there & NJ but only bcz i live here, but i really want to go to ASDOH! What kinds of things made you guys stand out?

Again, CONGRATS! Im envious :D

Yea I want to get into ASDOH too because I feel happy being around community rounded leaders like myself. I think I would fit in more. How would an applicant stand out? Did you all do hardcore community service?

I got the package on Saturday. There is a $1000 deposit and you can send it by the January 2nd.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey prettysmile, are you in arizona, how did you get your packet so quickly? is there a ton of stuff to fill out?

YAY my packet came in today's mail.

Unless I hear from my state school I will see everyone come July!! Congrats to us all :D

ASDOH is amazing! The students who stand out to them (4000 applicants this year, 400 interviews, 100 acceptance offers) have done amazing community service- ON THEIR OWN INITIATIVE!

when is the first day of class? anyone know?

Hey guys...Congradulations!!! I am soo envious of you all! Well I have an interview at ASDOH on the 10th of Dec., any suggestions? How should I prepare? What made you guys competitive? How many interviews were done already? How many seats left? Anyone know? Any suggestions would help. PM me if possible. Thanks and I hope to see you all next year! :)

hey when would school start? at least the month? thanks.

I think its the end of July, but I'm not certain.

Congratulations everyone!!!! ASDOH is blessed to have you all attending in 2009. I am stoked to have had an interview and am hoping to get an offer before March. If not it was a pleasure to be considered for such an incredible program.

I thought the faculty were the most down to earth and morally focused that I have met. I loved the public health and community service focus. Its a nice change.

Anyone interested into going into public health afterwards? Any experiences with public health would be appreciated.

I recently just began helping out within the public health sector in Denver and I love it.
I am sure it has its down sides, like Dr. Dillenberg says "long hours, no chance to become rich, unappreciated, and still getting used to it!" There are no riches in life that match those of the soul's desires and dreams.

Once again I wanted to congratulate you all on your acceptance and I hope to be seeing you in 2009! You all kick ass!:smuggrin:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica]'Things do not change; we change.' Thoreau.

See you guys in July. I'm a Native Arizonan if anyone has questions that I might be able to help out with.

how many of you have sent in your admissions agreement and the acceptance fee? i just sent mine in.

how many of you have sent in your admissions agreement and the acceptance fee? i just sent mine in.
I'm waiting until the end of December. I'd rather earn a few dollars from the $1000 in my savings account for a month than send my deposit right away.:oops: I do have a moving truck and two plane tickets (for me and my wife) to go and visit--we're pretty certain ASDOH is where we're headed!

Does anyone know if ASDOH has an orientation or something before school starts? I know that at a few of the other schools that I got accepted at, they do some sort of retreat or getting to know you prior to school starting? I am just wondering when I actually need to be in Arizona by? Plus anyone from AZ where are good places to look for housing?
Thanks

Turned mine in 2 weeks ago and so excited.
I work here on campus so lets hear some questions.

Does anyone know how many people are actually enrolled at ASDOH? hasn't the deadline passed?

Turned mine in 2 weeks ago and so excited.
I work here on campus so lets hear some questions.

I just got accepted and my wife and I are planning on moving down there. We haven't received the packet yet but we want to know a little bit about where most married dental students choose to live. Do a lot of them buy houses or live in apts? Does anyone know good apartments down there? We are planning on visiting in February to do a little house hunting and want to know where to start! We also already looked at several apts online but it is hard to know anything about the place based on just a few pictures! Please help!

rubeep,

Congrats on your acceptance. We worked with a company called "apartment finders" and they helped us find a great apartment for a really good deal. I don't think that I would buy right now if it were me. We lived at the Polo Club Apartments for 3 years and there are a couple of apartment complexes really close to the school that you should check out. Any ASDOH new folks feel free to PM me and I would love to help in any way possible.

If any of you asdoh accepted want to look for a place to live here you go.

http://caseytrejo.az-re.com/

just enter how much a month you can pay and it will find it for you. If you want to buy, which is much better, especially right now, and rent to some classmates you will have a far better experience, getting help with the mortgage while building equity and helping out your renter students. By the end of the 4 years you will have tons of equity and the market should be far better. You pay 800-1000 a month for an apt or with a house you pay 1000 a month mortgage, rent out the other 2 rooms to students, they only have to pay 500 a month, good for them, free rent for you...everyones happy.

hey everyone!
i got a top group letter a couple days ago and i wondered how long it took everyone who got a letter to find out they were accepted? Anyone know how many seats are still available?

hey everyone!
i got a top group letter a couple days ago and i wondered how long it took everyone who got a letter to find out they were accepted? Anyone know how many seats are still available?

There are many of us with a top group letter who have not been accepted. I interviewed the first day of interviews, got a top group letter the following week and I have not been accepted.

At this point I really don't know what a top group letter really means.

hey everyone!

goodluck on finding out.....lots of us got that letter months ago and are still waiting. as far as i know, it does NOT guarantee an acceptance. in fact i got mine back in late sept, and now its middle of january and i'm still twiddling my thumbs over ASDOH. :(

okay, so the people who got accepted also received a top group letter and then got the acceptance call,or they were accepted right away with no top group letter?:cool:

It must be very frustrating to be on a top group for so long without an acceptance, but I still give ASDOH credit.....if you read about Stony Brook
over booking a 39 seat class with 48 deposits on here (not sure how true it is though), I'm sure everyone would much rather be in a top group with options open rather than committed to a school without any room.

Has anyone heard anything from Admissions since the first packet? I sent in my deposit, but was kinda thinking that more information should be coming soon. ??

I was thinking the same thing. I really what to see what our schedule is going to look like.

okay, so the people who got accepted also received a top group letter and then got the acceptance call,or they were accepted right away with no top group letter?:cool:

I've been accepted to ASDOH and already mailed my deposit as well, so I guess I should get in on this thread too. I look forward to meeting all of you in July.

Regarding azpike182's question, after I interviewed, I was called two days later with acceptance. I received my top group letter the day after I received my admissions packet. I think I just happened to interview right before the admissions committee met vs. others who interviewed over a month before the admissions committee met to decide the December 1 group. So things came quickly. One thing to keep in mind is as they interview more people, your position in the applicant pool can move up or down based on your interview and others interviews. I think when they send an invitation, they just pull the next name from the pool who has the highest score based on the combined application and interview points, if that makes any sense. Either way, you could be number 7 on the list right now and just need to wait until they make more progress, as they only accept a few at a time to avoid the Stony Brook scenario.

I am also curious to get some information regarding the schedule. I spoke to someone on the phone at the school, and I was told that there is nothing required before 21 July. That week will be somewhat of an orientation and the first class should start the following week. I was planning on moving out to Phoenix towards the end of June / beginning of July.

Does anyone else have more information than this in terms of the schedule?

Congrats to all of you who have been accepted to ASDOH! Promise that you won't be disappointed in your decision to go here.

If anyone is needing a place to live and are interested in living in a house please let me know. I'm currently a D1 at ASDOH and should have a couple rooms available for next year. The bonus is it's very resonable rent but the downside is it's a little far from campus(23miles). You can PM me with any specific questions.

As for the schedule you folks have been asking about, school will start towards the end of July and there will be some get together orientation stuff the weekend before school starts. First day of class will be your White Coat Ceremony and then on to campus for more orientation stuff with faculty, IT, and all the others.

The first week is the fluff week, but then starting the second week HOLD ON! With the module system you will be getting a lot of information in a short amount of time. Wouldn't have it any other way though and you will appreciate it when it's over and in the simulation lab a lot sooner than other schools. I'm not to that point yet but am getting anxious to be there in a couple months....

Again, congrats on getting in since the most frustrating part is over now....the application process!

I am also curious to get some information regarding the schedule. I spoke to someone on the phone at the school, and I was told that there is nothing required before 21 July. That week will be somewhat of an orientation and the first class should start the following week. I was planning on moving out to Phoenix towards the end of June / beginning of July.

Does anyone else have more information than this in terms of the schedule?

This is also what I've heard. Admissions told me that White Coat and first day of orientation is July 21. Did anyone else hear anything about white coat?

Maybe those of you that are D1+ can shed some light on White Coat. Here at ATSU-KCOM, our faculty buy student's coats. Is that how it works there? If so I'd like to offer my mentor that opportunity.

White Coat is just a ceremony that is representative that you are now doctors. Yeah, you're not technically there for another four years but will be held to the same standars. Plus you get to walk across the stage and get a nice looking white coat to wear when you smile for pics with your family.:D

Did anybody start the official group on Facebook for ASDOH?