{Official} August 16th Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drkryptonight

dental schooler.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Argh, anyway I think this is the last time I'll think about the MCAT until probably the week before the release date. I'd have to say that I'm still reeling in from the shock, and I REALLY can't tell how I did, I might have potentially bombed ALL the sections today and I usually average pretty good on AAMC practices :(

What a miserable feeling this is *sigh* :/ Anyhoo, I'm hoping that I did decently *crossing my fingers* Again, congrats for everyone else that finished today and best of luck to future writers!

P.S. To the bean comment, I would think that your comment makes sense too.

The beans sound good :) (so does the sex!)...I'm also wondering: did anyone else find the monkey passage harder than the Nader one?

Also, if there were different forms for the same date, we would only be getting curved to people with the same forms, right? It seems odd to me that there would be multiple forms because of the huge new amount of test dates. If there are several tests per date, wouldn't there be a relatively small number of people to use in the curve calculation? Just curious...

wow...i totally did not interpret my bean dream correctly lol

i cant believe i made such a stupid mistake :-/

might as well crack open the books tonite cuz im gonna be back at it come the 19th

Members don't see this ad :)
i cant help it guys... i too keep thinking about things i might have gotten wrong and ive been looking on the internet... i know its not gonna change what i already did. :( mebe it prepares me for sept 19th when we get our scores... i wont be too shocked when i get like a 20 on the test.
+pissed+

sooo random question that came to me in a dream... someone wanna tell me if you have 12 beans on a ball ... and u touch it to the next ball...thus transfereing half (so 6 beans) and then take the second dome and touch it to the next... ull have 3 beans on the third ball. rite?

does anyone know what im talking about. im not crazy y'all. lol :rolleyes:

and dammit. now that im done with the mcat ...i am soo in need of some sex. my bf needs to come visit me sooooooooon. but sux im not gonna see him for another like 2 weeks. :(

ah you speak my mind drkryptonight!! every single thing... lol i can't quit wikipedia!!>.< i think i will get some rediculous score like below 20!!

i had the exact same dream, that is exactly what i thought... i am with ya, either our dream will come true together :thumbup::idea: or... ahhhh....:eek::thumbdown:

even worse... my bf is in China now for one more month >.< :(:(

good thing is my bf and I will be on carnival cruise on sept 19th lol^^

Memorable post-August 16th moments:

*Discovering what caterpillars are.
*That girl with the whooping cough? That was me.
*And yes, that woman typing on the keyboard was POSSESSED
*Invisible balls can dramatically alter your future
*Screaming to the high heavens in the Borders parking lot - "ADENOSINE! CYTOSINE! .....MITOCHONDRIA!"
*Monkeys. Rhesus monkeys.
*Wondering what was going on in my mind when I rescheduled from my August 9th date
*:banana:
*Laserbeams and bugs and water, oh my!
*Realizing that school starts on Saturday, thus leaving me with one day of summer.
*Knowing that going to the bathroom is going to be a sad experience for a while.

At least we know we can stay at the Newport library from 9-9 Mon-Thurs, 9-6 Fri-Sat and 12-5 Sun

What kinds of chem passages did people have?

The worst kind:rolleyes:...But seriously, all I remember was primarily really obtuse physics questions and 1 or 2 redox reactions some galvanic cells and a few periodic trend questions...Odds are you won't see any of them on the 20th if the Aug. 14th test is any indication

I guess none of you know about how the curving with different forms work :(. CopticFezz, it's priceless that you actually found that!

It seems like sleeping off the lingering effects of this terrible experience, do no good:sleep::mad:...

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont get it...I thought current flows in the opposite direction of negative charge (electrons)???

Did everyone have some solution heat passage or something? Cuz I totally screwed that one up, so hoping that's the passage that's not scored...

i have a strong feeling this thread will see the same people for the next month. im just glad i have other people to talk about it with. Everyone in here that has posted thoughts about how bad they think they did must post their scores when they come in. This way we can compare how bad we feel about everything now and the score that we actually get. im hoping we will all be pleasently surprised:laugh:

i have a strong feeling this thread will see the same people for the next month. im just glad i have other people to talk about it with. Everyone in here that has posted thoughts about how bad they think they did must post their scores when they come in. This way we can compare how bad we feel about everything now and the score that we actually get. im hoping we will all be pleasently surprised:laugh:

I think I will be so long as that solution heat passage is not scored :cool:

i seriously don't remember anything about the invisible ball..... dun tell me i skip that one.... feel like skipping a day in life :beat::barf:

Did everyone have some solution heat passage or something? Cuz I totally screwed that one up, so hoping that's the passage that's not scored...

Yeah... I spent way too much time on that passage so I had to rush the rest of the way. Too many calculations!

*My* dream tells me that if y'all really think we're that stupid, I'm going to wind up having to PH every single user of this forum. I'm already well on my way. :rolleyes:

Come on, folks, you know the rules. This is really, really uncool. :thumbdown: Please don't ruin it for everyone else just because a minority of you can't control yourselves.

Yeah... I spent way too much time on that passage so I had to rush the rest of the way. Too many calculations!

Yeah, and sadly, I think that was the "field" passage that isn't gonna be scored because it seems like everyone had either the "invisible sphere" passage or the heat solution passage, but not both. So those were probably the field passages.

Did anyone have both? Because I didn't.

GUYS- I posted a warning on page 1. DO NOT DISCUSS SPECIFIC QUESTIONS OR ANSWERS FROM YOUR MCAT- IT IS COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Violations of this rule will result in a one-week post-hold.

If your posts are disappearing, it's because you've crossed the line on what is OK to post. Anyone who quotes a post that has crossed the line will have the quoted part edited.

I am quite sure that the MCAT being copyrighted does not protect it from being discussed. Now, if we were to publish the questions verbatim that would be copyright infringement. Otherwise if this protects the MCAT from discussion then we cant discuss movies, music, or books on here either. So, maybe discussing the MCAT breaks the honor code (which I think is horse**** anyway) but in no way is it breaking copyright laws.

I am quite sure that the MCAT being copyrighted does not protect it from being discussed. Now, if we were to publish the questions verbatim that would be copyright infringement. Otherwise if this protects the MCAT from discussion then we cant discuss movies, music, or books on here either. So, maybe discussing the MCAT breaks the honor code (which I think is horse**** anyway) but in no way is it breaking copyright laws.

Perhaps you couldn't be legally held accountable, but you could be banned from ever taking the MCAT, which would be a bad thing if you want to go to medical school. Take a look at the non-disclosure statement you MUST agree to before taking just a practice test:

AAMC said:
In consideration of being permitted to take this practice test, I affirm that I am bound on my honor to take the practice test without sharing the content of in any form including, printed, electronic, voice, or other means. I further affirm that I understand that my scores on this practice test are an estimate of the scores I may achieve on the actual MCAT. I understand that if the AAMC has reason to believe that I have violated this non-disclosure statement, it may, at its discretion, bar me from future practice tests and/or examinations, or take other appropriate actions.

There's a similar non-disclosure agreement on the real exam. So I think SDN's policy is well justified.

Sounds like my long journey of suffering is not over yet. Took the test (Aug 16th) Overal It sucked ...As everyone is hoping i am in the same boat "let there be a ood curve"
Physci- Do-able but needed alot of thinking..had to guess on quite afew..
Ver- It always sucks never liked this section..
WS- Ok just dry...nothing to be exited about
Biosci- Liked the organic chem but weired genetics.
cant wait for the results :(:(...I might have to start studying for the next years test ...since all of september slots are full.

SINCE i dont have control of it now its up to the gods!....

What did you guys think of that caffeine passage? I'm not even sure if that is the same passage as the antibody/antigen one...I'm fried.

Perhaps you couldn't be legally held accountable, but you could be banned from ever taking the MCAT, which would be a bad thing if you want to go to medical school. Take a look at the non-disclosure statement you MUST agree to before taking just a practice test:

There's a similar non-disclosure agreement on the real exam. So I think SDN's policy is well justified.

Read that quote..it is bound by "my" honor. Nowhere is it bound by copywritten laws other than the reproduction of written material. I have a hard time believing the MCAT take precedence over my right to free speech. Funny how they like to use fear as a means for their attempt at control.

Yeah, and sadly, I think that was the "field" passage that isn't gonna be scored because it seems like everyone had either the "invisible sphere" passage or the heat solution passage, but not both. So those were probably the field passages.

Did anyone have both? Because I didn't.

What do you mean by not scored? I didn't get a passage on the invisible sphere OR the heat of solution (I'm guessing they were both PS?). Are you saying it's something like an experimental section like the SAT always had? I would be surprised that there would be so many different forms for a single test date...

Sounds like my long journey of suffering is not over yet. Took the test (Aug 16th) Overal It sucked ...As everyone is hoping i am in the same boat "let there be a ood curve"
Physci- Do-able but needed alot of thinking..had to guess on quite afew..
Ver- It always sucks never liked this section..
WS- Ok just dry...nothing to be exited about
Bosci- Liked the organic chem but weired genetics.
cant wait for the results :(:(...I might have to start studying for the next years test ...since all of september slots are full.

SINCE i dont have control of it now its up to the gods!....

Nice avatar (and 'stotle quote)

If only more Americans understood how ****ing sweet rugby is...

You are permitted to discuss movies or books, but you are *not* permitted to post them on the internet without permission, nor may you offer to give or sell illegal copies of them to other people. Likewise, you may discuss the MCAT in general, but you may *not* post their specific questions or verbatim passages.

All of that is a moot point compared to this one: posting MCAT specifics is against the SDN rules (TOS). Yeah, you have your freedom of speech, but you can't force a private entity like SDN to offer you a free venue. So basically, if you want to make your own rules, then go find your own street corner, dude(tte). :)

What do you mean by not scored? I didn't get a passage on the invisible sphere OR the heat of solution (I'm guessing they were both PS?). Are you saying it's something like an experimental section like the SAT always had? I would be surprised that there would be so many different forms for a single test date...

Yes, it says on AAMC that every exam has some experimental questions that are not scored. But nobody really knows the details of this. I was guessing that if there was a one passage difference between the different forms, then those passages were the experimental ones. But since you didn't have either of them, that's weird.

Were the verbal passages longer than the ones on the AAMC practice tests? Don't tell me its true...

I heard from one of my friends they got their MCAT score back in 15 days instead of 30 (this was in February I think). Do they tend to release scores early or is it really 30 days?

I heard from one of my friends they got their MCAT score back in 15 days instead of 30 (this was in February I think). Do they tend to release scores early or is it really 30 days?

It's definitely 30. I've never heard of scores being released that early. In fact, usually they are released late.

Nice avatar (and 'stotle quote)

If only more Americans understood how ****ing sweet rugby is...
Thats true rugby is the best game ever invented...Its the game that gets me relaxed after a long study session....I LOVE THIS GAME.

Here is my Idea. Anyone with me?

I have taken this test twice this summer. I am honestly debating taking it a third time on Sept. 11th.

I say this for a couple of reasons. My testing knowledge is super close to becomming maxed out. I feel like I know a pleathera of information and here is what happened from the last test to this exam.

I wanted to do actually more review and more practice exams but the testing dates were full and I didn't want to risk not getting a date. So, I jumped on the Aug. 16th date. As well, I know that if I stop studying now and even wait 30 days coming back to "restudy" material again is just going to set me back. I feel, that I should act like I didn't take the test and continue my studies.

Fact is, I though I did a lot better on this exam than my previous one but I had a lot of making up to do. My timing on this exam was still off and the PS passages being like verbal passages was just screwing that up more.

Lastly, I figure if I take the test on Sept. 11th and feel good about it, GREAT. If I have any reservations about it at all I can simply void. I just want a good feeling walking out of the test and I feel the last thing I need to work on here is TIME...

What do you all think?

I see a lot of you taking the MCAT more than once in a summer. My question is... Why? You're just going to stress yourself out and without even knowing how you did on the first test, why even bother re-taking it? I say take it once and enjoy the rest of your summer.

I see a lot of you taking the MCAT more than once in a summer. My question is... Why? You're just going to stress yourself out and without even knowing how you did on the first test, why even bother re-taking it? I say take it once and enjoy the rest of your summer.

The MCAT isn't a test that you can know all about. It's about understanding the passages and not missing the small details. You could study for another year and still get **** you're not going to know.

Well, I'd like to get my 1st score back, then decide whether I want to re-take it or not.

yea but that was a mistake I made. If it felt bad more than likely it was bad. Perhaps not and I hope not... but think about the train of studying you are on. Do you really think it is worth just forgetting about it for a month?

yea but that was a mistake I made. If it felt bad more than likely it was bad. Perhaps not and I hope not... but think about the train of studying you are on. Do you really think it is worth just forgetting about it for a month?

I need the break. I am sick of looking at it.

PS, V, it's all BS!!

You people should be glad you didn't take it on the 20th. The PS on the 16th seems relatively easy from your descriptions.

You people should be glad you didn't take it on the 20th. The PS on the 16th seems relatively easy from your descriptions.

Take that back to the August 20th thread...many of us have already taken one hard MCAT already. It it the luck of the draw that did you in...and no MCAT is a cake walk

I can't believe people would even start to bicker about which MCAT was harder.