You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
{Official} August 16th Thread
Started by drkryptonight
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think the AAMC cubicles are in sandboxes.
9,11, 9-Q Happy I guess, better than practice average...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What am i going to do about that 7? Last years score was:
Verbal 8
PS 8
Bio 8
Writing N,
Does anybody think that the 7 in verbal this year kill me?
Some schools take the highest in each section. Still, you did improve your score, especially BS which is great. I guess it depends how the rest of your application is and where you are applying.
PS: 7 (previous 5) - lower then practice tests (8 was lowest)
VR: 8 (11) - never scored below a 10 on the practice tests
BS: 9 (9) - my lowest score on practice tests
W: O (M)
Overall score didn't improve, but evened the sections out...sigh
Practice tests were all 27-34.....
VR: 8 (11) - never scored below a 10 on the practice tests
BS: 9 (9) - my lowest score on practice tests
W: O (M)
Overall score didn't improve, but evened the sections out...sigh
Practice tests were all 27-34.....

PS: 12
VR: 12
BS 12
WS: R
Practice range of AAMC + Kaplan: 35-40, so I'm in my range!
VR: 12
BS 12
WS: R
Practice range of AAMC + Kaplan: 35-40, so I'm in my range!
I did well in all sections except writing sample. I'm not a bad writer. How did I get such a terrible score?
How much does writing sample matter compared to real score? I'm at two ends of the spectrum with my numerical score and writing sample score.
How much does writing sample matter compared to real score? I'm at two ends of the spectrum with my numerical score and writing sample score.
PS: 12
VR: 12
BS 12
WS: R
Practice range of AAMC + Kaplan: 35-40, so I'm in my range!
Impressive!!
COngrats!!
I did well in all sections except writing sample. I'm not a bad writer. How did I get such a terrible score?
How much does writing sample matter compared to real score? I'm at two ends of the spectrum with my numerical score and writing sample score.
Writing sample matters about as much as the color tie you wear to the interview. Check out the MSAR, huge range in WS scores for matriculates. If your numerical score is good, you're in good shape. Your personal statement says more about your writing ability then your WS, I would imagine.
ArtemisEntreri said:PS: 12
VR: 12
BS 12
WS: R
MCATMAN45 said:PS: 11
VR: 11
BS: 12
WS: R
Composite: 34R
Good enough to get into med school? 😳
Congrats on >90th percentile 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you 🙂! Good luck to all of you that haven't seen them yet and especially to those of you applying this cycle!
ps 9
vr 11
bs 10
Q
I'm in Canada so I'm pissed. DAMN FLEA ruining my life!
vr 11
bs 10
Q
I'm in Canada so I'm pissed. DAMN FLEA ruining my life!
yeah, definitely not looking yet........sounds like you guys got the benefit of the curve!! LOL I really don't want to ruin the rest of my day but i have a bad feeling i am gonna have to look in the next few minutes.....
yeah, definitely not looking yet........sounds like you guys got the benefit of the curve!! LOL I really don't want to ruin the rest of my day but i have a bad feeling i am gonna have to look in the next few minutes.....
lol im with you. im waiting till class gets out tonight. killing me fo sho.
bs 15
ps 13
vr 11
wr S
WOW. I'm so f'n stoked!! THE CURVE F'N WORKS! 👍
ps 13
vr 11
wr S
WOW. I'm so f'n stoked!! THE CURVE F'N WORKS! 👍
10 10 R 10 30R
FINALLY. 4 times to get to this score. 25, 27, 28, and finally a 30. First three times were on paper. I'm gonna keep this one. It's barely good enough, but with 10s across I really can't complain. 🙂
I wish everyone else some luck. This test was definitely hard.
FINALLY. 4 times to get to this score. 25, 27, 28, and finally a 30. First three times were on paper. I'm gonna keep this one. It's barely good enough, but with 10s across I really can't complain. 🙂
I wish everyone else some luck. This test was definitely hard.
31-R!!!!!!
P:9
B:10
V:12
The Curve Works!!!!!!!
P:9
B:10
V:12
The Curve Works!!!!!!!
I got completely owned. *kills self*
aw dude, sorry to hear that. At least you got a good 1st score on Aug. 6th, correct? Many med schools take your highest mcat, and for the others that look at your most recent, just say nerves got to you or something. Don't sweat it.
wow congrats everyone. alot of you did really well. i hope the curved works out for me. itd be really really nice to not retake.
i wasnt doing so good on practice tests... so im a bit worried.
ppl who are getting above 30 on this test... how were ur practice test scores?
Range: 31-37 Avg~34
ppl who are getting above 30 on this test... how were ur practice test scores?
I was getting 37-41s on AAMCs, and on the real deal I got a 39--which I am shocked by. I honestly thought I bombed the PS section and I thought it brought down my score, but it looks like the curve saved my ass.
31-R!!!!!!
P:9
B:10
V:12
The Curve Works!!!!!!!
Congratulations, score partner (the total, not the individuals)! The curve indeed. . . Did you feel as good as your score on verbal? I felt better than I got, but then again, felt worse on PS than I did.
31-R!!!!!!
P:9
B:10
V:12
The Curve Works!!!!!!!
Congratulations Aaron! You did it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aw dude, sorry to hear that. At least you got a good 1st score on Aug. 6th, correct? Many med schools take your highest mcat, and for the others that look at your most recent, just say nerves got to you or something. Don't sweat it.
Thank you. I got a semi-decent score August 6th (30Q) so I am already over being depressed about it.
Congratulations on your tremendous score. You must be very proud!
Right back at you, man!!!...Awesome jump you got there, I guess those cornfields worked out for you...Glad we went through this beast together man!!....Huzzah!!!!!!!Congratulations Aaron! You did it!
PS: 13
VR: 11
BS: 12
WS: M
Total: 36M
How worried should I be about the M? I did kaplan and I thought I made all the important points in the writing sample to at least get 4/6 from the grades. Could anyone comment on how much the M will affect my in the application process?
VR: 11
BS: 12
WS: M
Total: 36M
How worried should I be about the M? I did kaplan and I thought I made all the important points in the writing sample to at least get 4/6 from the grades. Could anyone comment on how much the M will affect my in the application process?
Congratulations, score partner (the total, not the individuals)! The curve indeed. . . Did you feel as good as your score on verbal? I felt better than I got, but then again, felt worse on PS than I did.
I just think 31 just has a distinguished ring to it😀 How did you break down individually?...I knew I was gonna get a pounding in PS-I had a major panic attack
during the section and guessed on literally half of them...During the break I looked at myself in the mirror and just got pumped as s*** and really f***ing angry at the exam, punded through VR guessing on 3 which are probably the ones I got wrong. BS was simply me vs. 4 Organic sections (i.e. my worst subject👎) so that's how that went down.......as weird as this sounds does anyone else kind of feel like they want to take it again just out of spite
Heh...you are in the same boat as me my friend (though our scores do not match exactly). I made a separate thread to ask about this.PS: 13
VR: 11
BS: 12
WS: M
Total: 36M
How worried should I be about the M? I did kaplan and I thought I made all the important points in the writing sample to at least get 4/6 from the grades. Could anyone comment on how much the M will affect my in the application process?
well...........
P: 9
V: 11
B: 10
W: N
overall 30(N) .. i was really hoping for mid 30's but i will take this 30 considering it is a pretty even break down. I knew i was gonna get dominated in the physical section, i had a panic attack when i got the flea passage! Verbal took me be total suprise, i thought the max i could have gotten was a 9. Bio im satisfied with. On my practice test i never scored below a 13 in physical or bio so im pissed i did so much lower on the real thing. haha my writing section.. i knew i got screwed on that because i didnt finish either prompt
so an N isnt so bad considering i left both unfinished.
Ok so i know i didnt get a 38 or anything, but how is my score? good enough for Texas schools?
P: 9
V: 11
B: 10
W: N
overall 30(N) .. i was really hoping for mid 30's but i will take this 30 considering it is a pretty even break down. I knew i was gonna get dominated in the physical section, i had a panic attack when i got the flea passage! Verbal took me be total suprise, i thought the max i could have gotten was a 9. Bio im satisfied with. On my practice test i never scored below a 13 in physical or bio so im pissed i did so much lower on the real thing. haha my writing section.. i knew i got screwed on that because i didnt finish either prompt
so an N isnt so bad considering i left both unfinished. Ok so i know i didnt get a 38 or anything, but how is my score? good enough for Texas schools?
I just think 31 just has a distinguished ring to it😀 How did you break down individually?...I knew I was gonna get a pounding in PS-I had a major panic attackduring the section and guessed on literally half of them...During the break I looked at myself in the mirror and just got pumped as s*** and really f***ing angry at the exam, punded through VR guessing on 3 which are probably the ones I got wrong. BS was simply me vs. 4 Organic sections (i.e. my worst subject👎) so that's how that went down....
...as weird as this sounds does anyone else kind of feel like they want to take it again just out of spite![]()
P:11, B:10, V:10
Sounds like you just got AT that verbal, which I think goes to show how much that section is about attitude and energy. Good job.
Regarding your last question. . . I think that feeling is part and parcel with the joy of having done a good job. But my advice:
just. . . walk. . . away 😎
I got completely owned. *kills self*
sorry to hear it... come on over to the "mcats that suck... i'm most likely reapplying" thread to feel the 😍
sorry to hear it... come on over to the "mcats that suck... i'm most likely reapplying" thread to feel the 😍
Yay, some of my people! Thanks for the heads up!
good job on the score aaron .. now evan and I wont have to be careful when talking about apps around u haha
Thanks, man- here's to UM...you lucked out, Evan I were saying that if I got a 33 we were both gonna wear shirts that said in huge font '33' and then make you wear one that said 32 hahaha...now you 'bags are gonna make me wear a 31...
BTW-Life Aquatic is the most criminally underrated movie of all time...
Ned Plimpton: Stevesy, what's going on? Are those hijackers?
Steve Zissou: Well, out here we call them "pirates," Ned.
BTW-Life Aquatic is the most criminally underrated movie of all time...
Ned Plimpton: Stevesy, what's going on? Are those hijackers?
Steve Zissou: Well, out here we call them "pirates," Ned.
WOO HOO!!!! Raised my score three points!!!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
too scared to look
will look at it after my exams on fri and next monday
will look at it after my exams on fri and next monday
Hey all,
I'm back after a long hiatus to check the MCAT forums. Congrats to those who did well and I'm sorry to hear about some who didn't do as well as you had wanted, but best of luck with your application just the same.
I'm quite pleased with my results, but I am not feeling very happy because a good friend of mine did not score as well as she had wanted.
I usually average anywhere from 32-34 on my AAMCs, with the my last and highest being 37 and first and lowest AAMC being 28. So that means I did about my average.
August 2006 PS 10, VR 7, BS 10, WS: Q
August 2007 PS 11, VR 10, BS 12, WS: S
Good luck with applications and for future MCAT takers and retakers! You can do it! Go Go Go! 🙂
I'm back after a long hiatus to check the MCAT forums. Congrats to those who did well and I'm sorry to hear about some who didn't do as well as you had wanted, but best of luck with your application just the same.
I'm quite pleased with my results, but I am not feeling very happy because a good friend of mine did not score as well as she had wanted.
I usually average anywhere from 32-34 on my AAMCs, with the my last and highest being 37 and first and lowest AAMC being 28. So that means I did about my average.
August 2006 PS 10, VR 7, BS 10, WS: Q
August 2007 PS 11, VR 10, BS 12, WS: S
Good luck with applications and for future MCAT takers and retakers! You can do it! Go Go Go! 🙂
well...........
P: 9
V: 11
B: 10
W: N
I got the exact numerical score you did but Q on the writing... I think it's a good score because it is balanced, I really don't want to rewrite either but I might have to because I'm in Ontario and we need 10-10-10 here... 🙁 I've heard that the US schools don't care about WS, so you should be fine.
SoFlaKnight, are you and the others you're calling by first name from the University of Miami? Just curious because I'm from Miami as well 🙂.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 1K