-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official August 27th 2014 MCAT Thread
Started by HaitianMD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Only 26 more days. Just got a leadership position in a volunteer org so hopefully I'm too busy during the next couple weeks to think about my score.
Wow sounds great bud. Are going back to school this month?
I had mixed feelings coming out of the exam. I'm unsure whether to sign up for a retake now or wait until the scores come out.
Id personally say if you were happy with your practice tests scores, wait til you see your score.
I agree. It's so tempting to sign up for another date, but I think you need to have faith. On another note, when are we suppose to get the gift cards? That's the only thing keeping me going lol.Id personally say if you were happy with your practice tests scores, wait til you see your score.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea, this is my second week. Taking 17 credits (the max at my school), 3 of which are research credit for 12 hrs per week, a grad course, and like 8 hrs volunteering. Its gonna be a crazy semester!!Wow sounds great bud. Are going back to school this month?
I feel you, have a french phonetics exam on Monday and have no motivation to study for it.I'm having a hard time getting adjusted this semester. Am I the only one? I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because I haven't taken a break all year - classes in spring, summer classes, the mcat, work, research. I cannot bring myself to study for classes like I use to though. It's kinda like I'm over it all and don't wanna be bothered lol. I got 5 biology exams in about 10 days, so I need to get crackalackin'.
I know how you feel, i'm two weeks into school and have no motivation to do anything. Thank God I dropped some classes and took easier classes because my mentality was to study for MCAT again. Cell Biology is my toughest at the moment and even that took me 3 days to read 30 pages. WTF!!! All time low. :'(I'm having a hard time getting adjusted this semester. Am I the only one? I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because I haven't taken a break all year - classes in spring, summer classes, the mcat, work, research. I cannot bring myself to study for classes like I use to though. It's kinda like I'm over it all and don't wanna be bothered lol. I got 5 biology exams in about 10 days, so I need to get crackalackin'.
But....on the bright side time is flying due to school...which tbh am not even sure if that's the bright side (all depends on the score *sigh*).
One of the classes I'm taking now is Parasitology and unfortunately, it's boring all hell. Maybe if my teacher had a little more enthusiasm teaching, I'd be more inclined to learn. And I struggle finding any interest in reading, especially when all the terminology is foreign to me. Meh, mind as well get use to it now. I'm sure med school won't be any better, lol.
Made an account to post in this thread. I feel you though, it feels like my classes are BORING.... the only one kind of interesting is Toxicology and even then it feels SOO slow compared to the Mcat studying. I work full-time overnight in IT and let me tell you... I don't even have the motivation to do anything at work! Everyday is a roller coaster when thinking about the mcat... I wake up thinking oh no..... then a few hours later I'm confident... then at work I start reading some of the recent mcat scores and how they felt and its back to oh no.... I am trying to keep busy and trying to make school interesting right now! Fantasy football is the only thing keeping me from thinking about the Mcat!
IT?! Yikes... that can't be fun. You must have the patience of a saint, lol. Anyways, welcome to SDN! We can bath in our misery together, hehe. 😀Made an account to post in this thread. I feel you though, it feels like my classes are BORING.... the only one kind of interesting is Toxicology and even then it feels SOO slow compared to the Mcat studying. I work full-time overnight in IT and let me tell you... I don't even have the motivation to do anything at work! Everyday is a roller coaster when thinking about the mcat... I wake up thinking oh no..... then a few hours later I'm confident... then at work I start reading some of the recent mcat scores and how they felt and its back to oh no.... I am trying to keep busy and trying to make school interesting right now! Fantasy football is the only thing keeping me from thinking about the Mcat!
Oh I know... I used to like the idea of IT and networking and used it to pay for my undergrad (got certifications instead of computer science degree).. but once you actually get into it, for me at least, its just the most boring awful path. Lots of jobs in the industry if you know what you're doing but man is it boring. I felt so nervous one of the days I woke up that I signed up for another mcat in January prematurely. I wasn't scoring poorly on practice tests but I wasn't wowing myself either. There goes another 275..IT?! Yikes... that can't be fun. You must have the patience of a saint, lol. Anyways, welcome to SDN! We can bath in our misery together, hehe. 😀
22 days.
Are the scores definitely coming out on the 30th?
Oh damn, if so, the wait's gonna be even more intense
I'm not positive but its the tentative release date.Are the scores definitely coming out on the 30th?
Oh damn, if so, the wait's gonna be even more intense
It's usually pretty accurate. my previous exam and both of my old roommates' previous exams were released on the tentative release date. I know that's only anecdotal evidence, but it seems pretty standard.I'm not positive but its the tentative release date.
I gotto start applying for applications for next year.
Honestly dont feel like applying partly cuz I feel like I bombed my mcat and also because I'm so lazy and have no motivation.
Work eats up all my time and by the time I get home I am exhausted and dont even feel like eating.. and just lay in bed reading sdn and watching few movies. Got to stop making this a everyday thing and start applying, eating right and working out.
Life is tough 🙁
Honestly dont feel like applying partly cuz I feel like I bombed my mcat and also because I'm so lazy and have no motivation.
Work eats up all my time and by the time I get home I am exhausted and dont even feel like eating.. and just lay in bed reading sdn and watching few movies. Got to stop making this a everyday thing and start applying, eating right and working out.
Life is tough 🙁
3 more weeks! Time seems to be going very quickly and very slowly at the same time haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok in my neroctic brain I decided to average my aamc practice tests this morning. From that my prediction for this exam is 26-30..... I'm hoping for the higher end but ps and bs really kicked my ass this time. Verbal felt easy so I'm hoping that brings my score up.
is our score out yet??????
i feel like doing absolutely nothing while waiting for the scores to come out...
ahh so many applications to fill 🙁
will start on applications this weekend.
i feel like doing absolutely nothing while waiting for the scores to come out...
ahh so many applications to fill 🙁
will start on applications this weekend.
I am slowly, but surely, going insane this month
In 1wk from today.When do you think we get the response on how we did on the experimental? My friend said he got that response fairly quickly from his exam earlier this year
Oh god, that is SO LONG.Pfft. Verbal easy? I must be going insane then.
T-19 days and counting.
They should charge like $100 for early grading, or even just 'early preliminary preview'. They'd make mad bank, and we would be happier.
I, for one, would pay it in a heart beat. Add $100 to the price of my test so I can see my results on the screen before I go? Yes, please!
I, for one, would pay it in a heart beat. Add $100 to the price of my test so I can see my results on the screen before I go? Yes, please!
I'm pretty sure the 30 day wait period is to ensure the mehc's out there don't get a perfect 45.They should charge like $100 for early grading, or even just 'early preliminary preview'. They'd make mad bank, and we would be happier.
I, for one, would pay it in a heart beat. Add $100 to the price of my test so I can see my results on the screen before I go? Yes, please!
You figure they're fudging my scores or something?!? OUTRAGE! MUST REVOLT!I'm pretty sure the 30 day wait period is to ensure the mehc's out there don't get a perfect 45.
How is everyone's semester going?
working full timeHow is everyone's semester going?
graduated this last April.
just work alone eats up all my time and energy.
I dont think I can study again for this mcat.. especially the NEW MCAT now! -- Im just praying for a balanced 30 score. of course a balanced 30+ is going to be AWESOME.
K I'm done daydreaming.
what are you studying?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not scheduled to get that until the 18th
btw, I'm using your anki deck, how do I fix these empty flashcards?
That's not the right deck, agggh. The fix is easy, but the bigger issue is you're missing over 1000 cards. @TXSurgeon please update the post, I'm getting a bunch of PMs and whatnot under it!
Part of me likes to think I did ok but then again I don't want to think I did well and get disappointed come September 30th. I'm just praying for a 9 in VR.
Sounds like my situation alsoPart of me likes to think I did ok but then again I don't want to think I did well and get disappointed come September 30th. I'm just praying for a 9 in VR.
Sounds like my situation also
Maybe because we are both Canadians
That's both relieving and stressful. There's a lot of pressure to hit my aamc average now...
Incredibly insightful post in the August 7th thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...014-mcat-thread.1067107/page-55#post-15681848. I thought you guys might be interested.
How is everyone's semester going?
6 Courses this semester, a part time job, 3 leadership positions and medical school applications. It never quite ends, does it? What are you guys all up to now?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cram seshin for all my exams this week. Fun stuff. On my 10th cup of coffee ...heart palpation's and all. If you guys don't hear from me, call 911.6 Courses this semester, a part time job, 3 leadership positions and medical school applications. It never quite ends, does it? What are you guys all up to now?
Anyone else get nervous waiting for the other scores to be released. Every time I check the August 15th thread now my heart rate/blood pressure go up, almost as if my scores are about to be released. I guess I'm just getting my body ready for the massive hormonal overload.
A lot of people in the August 15th thread were disappointed with their scores. I'm getting even more nervous now...
A lot of people in the August 15th thread were disappointed with their scores. I'm getting even more nervous now...
very unpredictable scores for Aug15th. kinda scary.
I kinda dont want to know my score...