You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official August 27th 2014 MCAT Thread
Started by HaitianMD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That's funny you mention that, we just went over that in my immuno class last week; we has our first exam last Thursday (still waiting for results).Yea I'm probably going to be doing that. We're just learning about some basic TCR and BCR formation in regards to gene rearrangements and how they generate their diverse specificities.
SCORES ARE OUT TODAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
THE MOMENT OF TRUTH WE ALLLLL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SCORES ARE OUT TODAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
lol I read "SCORES ARE OUT" and just freaked the fu&k out
Any predictions?
I'm guessing 36.
Seems a bit unrealistic to retake for a score within 2 points of your AAMC average.I'm guessing I got a 28-29, my average was 31.6 and I'd rewrite with anything less than a 31.
Now that it is score release day I'm remembering a bunch of questions I think I missed or am hesitant about... I hope I at least get a 33
the more I try to remember the exam, the less I can. I honestly remember like 3 questions. I wish they would release a report of our exam with our score so we could see which ones we missed. although I guess if you miss a lot of stupid ones you may beat yourself up about it.
wait till the test is done! I'm not touching my scores till after my toxicology. Don't want to be too jittery or depressed... T minus......Thankfully studying for my immunology midterm tomorrow is keeping me occupied. Its at 7PM... don't know if I should look at my scores before or after?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My range was 28-35 and the next MCAT I'd write would be a completely new format. It's completely realistic LOL. Not to mention the med schools I'm applying to only look at your best and 2 points makes a massive difference.Seems a bit unrealistic to retake for a score within 2 points of your AAMC average.
I'm hoping for the best, expecting the worst.
Haha, well, I'd hope you wouldn't get a 32 on the new one...but I'm betting it won't be an issue anywayMy range was 28-35 and the next MCAT I'd write would be a completely new format. It's completely realistic LOL. Not to mention the med schools I'm applying to only look at your best and 2 points makes a massive difference.
Honestly, I don't think I can make any predictions. I was very calm during the test, I was able to pace myself well, and when I came out I thought it was a fair exam (although verbal was pretty hard - and it's my best section). Now, I feel like I might have fallen for some trick questions, and possibly bombed physics (my weakest section). I'm very nervous right now.do you have a range that you think you scored in?
Probably anywhere from 3-5 ESTI'll take that as a "yes." I am prepared to rage if you guys are lying.
The 8/21 scores were released at 12:27 PM, according to: https://twitter.com/AAMC_MCAT. I don't know what time zone. I even have some reservations as to the correctness of that statement, because I have vague memories of posts that I read yesterday about tweets either by AAMC or Kaplan that scores were released (but they weren't).
The 8/21 scores were released at 12:27 PM, according to: https://twitter.com/AAMC_MCAT. I don't know what time zone. I even have some reservations as to the correctness of that statement, because I have vague memories of posts that I read yesterday about tweets either by AAMC or Kaplan that scores were released (but they weren't).
I believe that was 12:17 PST
I see.I believe that was 12:17 PST
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe that was 12:17 PST
Technically that would have been ... PDT (not PST) ... since daylight savings was in effect. 😉
Wow i was doing fine until now.... **** im literally shaking
Im going to be staying at the AAMC Twitter page until it comes out; just waiting for that one tweet!
And I'll be waiting for you to update us, which you will do ASAP... right? 😀Im going to be staying at the AAMC Twitter page until it comes out; just waiting for that one tweet!
I turned on mobile notifications to receive a text when they tweet
Hello all, been here for a while but I never used it. Hope I did, I could have used the support lol, my views on the exam were,
PS: Chem was a but hard and somehow time consuming. Phy was easy.
VR: lol what is that, I did 1 as a preparation for the test. But I felt they are all long passages. Did not do them all and took 5 in to rest for the BS section. (They don't really take it into consideration here in my country)
BS: Overall easy, 2 O-chem passages and few discrete. easy as f**k.
I myself am a Biology major and aced O-chem both of them. Not so good in Phy and okay in General Chem. I hope for the best and expect the worst as someone said upwards.
PS: Chem was a but hard and somehow time consuming. Phy was easy.
VR: lol what is that, I did 1 as a preparation for the test. But I felt they are all long passages. Did not do them all and took 5 in to rest for the BS section. (They don't really take it into consideration here in my country)
BS: Overall easy, 2 O-chem passages and few discrete. easy as f**k.
I myself am a Biology major and aced O-chem both of them. Not so good in Phy and okay in General Chem. I hope for the best and expect the worst as someone said upwards.
haha, of courseAnd I'll be waiting for you to update us, which you will do ASAP... right? 😀
I think it might take them time, during the registration they reported that the registration was open 30 min after it was actually opened.I wonder if they're really going to post it the second after they actually release the scores. What if they do it an hour later or something... lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are referring to the AAMC tweet, which has been mentioned. Trust me, all the anxious premeds on this forum, including me, have already looked into this. It has been rumored that the time of that tweet was of the PST (or was it PDT: more neurosis) time zone.Btw, the scores for the 21/7 were released 2 hours before estimated. So we ought to stay alert !
lol, that would suckI wonder if they're really going to post it the second after they actually release the scores. What if they do it an hour later or something... lol
I setup a script to refresh the Twitter page every 5 seconds, and email/text me if it finds "8/27 #MCATday, scores have been released!"
How's that for neurotic?
🙂
EDIT: Just modified the script to refresh my THX page and look for "08/27/2014" instead. Duh!!
How's that for neurotic?
🙂
EDIT: Just modified the script to refresh my THX page and look for "08/27/2014" instead. Duh!!




or disappointment