You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official August 27th 2014 MCAT Thread
Started by HaitianMD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was bored by your neuroticism until I saw that it said "every 5 seconds" instead of "every 5 minutes," like I originally thought. Impressive indeed.I setup a script to refresh the Twitter page every 5 seconds, and email/text me if it finds "8/27 #MCATday, scores have been released!"
How's that for neurotic?
🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok legit starting to get nervous
Waiting for one of you guys to say "scooorrresss rrrr outttt!"
I'm predicting a 12:30 PDT release time
Who else feels they did worse and worse as the release time gets closer. I studied 4 months avg 10 hours a day everyday. Except for the 4th of July lol. I'll be so upset when I see I got like a 26 lol
Who else feels they did worse and worse as the release time gets closer. I studied 4 months avg 10 hours a day everyday. Except for the 4th of July lol. I'll be so upset when I see I got like a 26 lol
Definitely...I'm expecting the worst now haha
Who else feels they did worse and worse as the release time gets closer. I studied 4 months avg 10 hours a day everyday. Except for the 4th of July lol. I'll be so upset when I see I got like a 26 lol
Yeah me too on the feeling worse and worse about it. Also studied for 4 months, not 10 hours a day though, just in most of my free time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Remember to post using this template:
Test Date: 8/27/14
Time:
FL AAMC Average:
AAMC 10-11 Avg.:
Post-test expected score:
Actual Score (PS/V/BS):
Test Date: 8/27/14
Time:
FL AAMC Average:
AAMC 10-11 Avg.:
Post-test expected score:
Actual Score (PS/V/BS):
I'm waaaaaaay too scared to check. Maybe I'll go take a walk.Scores are up. 🙂
Test Date: 8/27/14
Time: 1:00 PM
FL AAMC Average: 33.5
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 33
Post-test expected score: 29-34
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 34 (12/9/13)
So relieved with my score!!!
Time: 1:00 PM
FL AAMC Average: 33.5
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 33
Post-test expected score: 29-34
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 34 (12/9/13)
So relieved with my score!!!
Test Date: 8/27/14
Time: 1 pm
FL AAMC Average: 30s (only did the PS and BS sections with infinite breaks between them )
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 14/07/14
Post-test expected score: 12/6/12
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 14/09/12
May I add that in the Med Schools in my country they only look for the Ps and Bs and take the Verbal scores of the English courses. So I couldn't care less about the Verbal, But ill take that lol.
May I comment I only did AAMC 11 and Kaplan 10 under test conditions. (with same 10min breaks and with english) so my score i beyond perfect for me. I am out of words. I hoped for better in the BS surely. If anyone needs help I will try to get back to the site these few days. So message me.
Time: 1 pm
FL AAMC Average: 30s (only did the PS and BS sections with infinite breaks between them )
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 14/07/14
Post-test expected score: 12/6/12
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 14/09/12
May I add that in the Med Schools in my country they only look for the Ps and Bs and take the Verbal scores of the English courses. So I couldn't care less about the Verbal, But ill take that lol.
May I comment I only did AAMC 11 and Kaplan 10 under test conditions. (with same 10min breaks and with english) so my score i beyond perfect for me. I am out of words. I hoped for better in the BS surely. If anyone needs help I will try to get back to the site these few days. So message me.
Test Date: 8/27/14
Time: 10:15 (in Amman Jordan right now)
FL AAMC Average: 3 - (10/10/11)
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 10- (12/10/11)
Post-test expected score: 28-29
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): (12/10/11)
Time: 10:15 (in Amman Jordan right now)
FL AAMC Average: 3 - (10/10/11)
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 10- (12/10/11)
Post-test expected score: 28-29
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): (12/10/11)
36!!!! 14/9/13!!!!!
INCREASED VERBAL FROM 6 TO 9!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO HAPPY!
INCREASED VERBAL FROM 6 TO 9!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO HAPPY!
Test Date: 8/27/14
Time: 1 PM
FL AAMC Average: 36
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 35
Post-test expected score: 34-37
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 12/10/12
While I was hoping for a 36, I'm definitely happy with a 34 and worked my ass off to get it. Wondering how @mehc012 did
Time: 1 PM
FL AAMC Average: 36
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 35
Post-test expected score: 34-37
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 12/10/12
While I was hoping for a 36, I'm definitely happy with a 34 and worked my ass off to get it. Wondering how @mehc012 did
Toxicology exam in 3 hours, have to resist checking scores! My stomach is twisting and turning!
Test Date: 8/27/14
Time: noon
FL AAMC Average: 37.6
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 36.5
Post-test expected score: no clue, didnt want to set myself up for disappointment
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 14/11/14 =39
I cant even begin to describe my relief/excitement.
Time: noon
FL AAMC Average: 37.6
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 36.5
Post-test expected score: no clue, didnt want to set myself up for disappointment
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 14/11/14 =39
I cant even begin to describe my relief/excitement.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AAMC avg: 36.000 median scores(13 10 13)
Actual: 35 (13:09:13)
Like itsthat1guy, was hoping for a 36, I am satisfied with a 35. I am slightly disappointed with that VR score (I've never scored below 10 before on any AAMC), but I don't think it's crippling.
Edit: I put a colon in front of a parenthesis and the site thought it was a frowny
Actual: 35 (13:09:13)
Like itsthat1guy, was hoping for a 36, I am satisfied with a 35. I am slightly disappointed with that VR score (I've never scored below 10 before on any AAMC), but I don't think it's crippling.
Edit: I put a colon in front of a parenthesis and the site thought it was a frowny
Last edited:
Toxicology exam in 3 hours, have to resist checking scores! My stomach is twisting and turning!
I would check it if I were you, wouldn't want to think of it during the exam. And have someone slap you when you check it wherethere good (Hopefully) of Acceptable.
!!!!!! Got my AAMC average! The practice tests pretty much predicted me perfectly (went up or down a point from these).
Test Date: 8/27/14
Time: noon
FL AAMC Average: 40 (3, 7, 8, 9, 10 - 38, 40, 41, 40, 41)
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 41 (only took 10)
Post-test expected score: First 38, then 35, then 29...
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 14/11/15 = 40
Test Date: 8/27/14
Time: noon
FL AAMC Average: 40 (3, 7, 8, 9, 10 - 38, 40, 41, 40, 41)
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 41 (only took 10)
Post-test expected score: First 38, then 35, then 29...
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 14/11/15 = 40
stomach hurts thinking about it, trying to resist so I'm not all caught up during the exam... Congrats to everyone though, high scores so far!I would check it if I were you, wouldn't want to think of it during the exam. And have someone slap you when you check it wherethere good (Hopefully) of Acceptable.
Awesome job everyone! Seems like everyone thats posted has met their expectations so far!
I have an exam Thursday so I'm not checking until after that. This is going to be tough
Test Date: 8/27/14
Time: 1:00 PM
FL AAMC Average: 38
Post-test expected score: 34-36
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 38!! (14/11/13)
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! Oh my god so relieved! I definitely thought I got an 8 on verbal
Time: 1:00 PM
FL AAMC Average: 38
Post-test expected score: 34-36
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 38!! (14/11/13)
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! Oh my god so relieved! I definitely thought I got an 8 on verbal
It's always like that, people wth good news post right away, people with bad news post later or neverAwesome job everyone! Seems like everyone thats posted has met their expectations so far!
im struggling 3 hours, i don't know how you could go daysI have an exam Thursday so I'm not checking until after that. This is going to be tough
I'll be checking when I get home in 3-4 hours. Stress is killing me, especially seeing how well everyone else did! Good job guys 🙂
I'm thinking I'll be one of those people who does bad. I studied my butt off and know I couldn't have done any more studying. I just feel like nerves may have effed my score. I was averaging around 35 by the end. Thinking I go in the 20s 🙁
thats how i feel right now.. like i got an 18 or something.. I'll check later this eveningI'm thinking I'll be one of those people who does bad. I studied my butt off and know I couldn't have done any more studying. I just feel like nerves may have effed my score. I was averaging around 35 by the end. Thinking I go in the 20s 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Test Date: 8/27/14
Time: 1pm
FL AAMC Average: 31 (9/12/10)
Post-test expected score: 29
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): (9/8/10) -- 27 😢
I've been lurking on this thread a long time now and am so happy that everybody here seemed to score close to their averages! I have no idea what happened here and am so disappointed to be an outlier. I never scored below a 10 on verbal in my practice AAMC's and was usually scoring 12-13's. I honestly felt that I hit wayyy below my average for physics on the actual exam and that I got around an 11 for BS. Verbal felt pretty normal. Goes to show you never can tell. Luckily I already have a retake booked in January, I'm just pretty bummed that I can't cancel it.
Time: 1pm
FL AAMC Average: 31 (9/12/10)
Post-test expected score: 29
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): (9/8/10) -- 27 😢
I've been lurking on this thread a long time now and am so happy that everybody here seemed to score close to their averages! I have no idea what happened here and am so disappointed to be an outlier. I never scored below a 10 on verbal in my practice AAMC's and was usually scoring 12-13's. I honestly felt that I hit wayyy below my average for physics on the actual exam and that I got around an 11 for BS. Verbal felt pretty normal. Goes to show you never can tell. Luckily I already have a retake booked in January, I'm just pretty bummed that I can't cancel it.
A friend of mine actually got 1 on verbal. FFS, thank f**k they don't count verbal in my country.
What country?
Average: 31.6
Post test expected: 30
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 11/10/11 for a 32.
Not happy with the verbal considering it was below my average, I definitely panicked in the section. I'll be getting a second score back on Oct 7th. But overall this score is just slightly below the average score accepted at the medical school I'm applying, so I'm satisfied with how it went and I think I've got a pretty good shot at getting into medical school.
Post test expected: 30
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 11/10/11 for a 32.
Not happy with the verbal considering it was below my average, I definitely panicked in the section. I'll be getting a second score back on Oct 7th. But overall this score is just slightly below the average score accepted at the medical school I'm applying, so I'm satisfied with how it went and I think I've got a pretty good shot at getting into medical school.
Mirin hardTest Date: 8/27/14
Time: 1:00 PM
FL AAMC Average: 38
Post-test expected score: 34-36
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 38!! (14/11/13)
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! Oh my god so relieved! I definitely thought I got an 8 on verbal
