***Official Colorado 2007 Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benitz2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's meet Colorado students!!! I figure that the 2007 school year is coming up fast and that we should get in touch. Post your state, major, and any other comments that you would like to share. Can't wait to see everyone....

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, I hope I can be a part of this thread in the next couple of weeks! How was your interview there?

I hope you can be a part of this thread.....seems to me that not alot of people have been accepted yet...I hope some students respond soon!!! This is the thread guys and gals, let's get it going!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Would LOVE to, but still waiting to get the (most-likely) rejection letter, or the ever-so-hopefull call from Barbara...

Still waiting to get my interview. I really want to go to CU.

Hey, if you're coming to Colorado and are going to start looking at places to live, send me an email. I live about 5 minutes away from the dental school and have some rooms for rent. I'd be glad to send you more information about my home, the rent, and what's included.

[email protected]

I'm a pre-dental student, will be applying next summer. Good luck to you all!

Laura

I decided to attend Colorado! Anyone applying for summer research for incoming first-years? I also live a few minutes away from the school.

Same here...anyone know when they will be done interviewing?

3/10...just got a call to go interview this Saturday, it's the last day.

Those who have interviewed already...

What is the policy for receiving in state tuition? Any luck?

What is the budget they give? Just give me total cost for the 4 years...don't bother with all the details.

I'm really excited and hope I get to meet some of you in the Fall. Those of you living in the area, I wouldn't mind meeting up on Friday - Monday to get an opinion of the area. I'll buy lunch.

Thanks!

I don't know much about the residency issue....the total expense estimates are straight from a handout I recieved during the interview: Resident/WICHE is $148,086 and nonresidents is $240,518.

Hey Mackeral...tell me about this summer research opportunity, when does it start? is it covered by tuition?

3/10...just got a call to go interview this Saturday, it's the last day.

Those who have interviewed already...

What is the policy for receiving in state tuition? Any luck?

What is the budget they give? Just give me total cost for the 4 years...don't bother with all the details.

I'm really excited and hope I get to meet some of you in the Fall. Those of you living in the area, I wouldn't mind meeting up on Friday - Monday to get an opinion of the area. I'll buy lunch.

Thanks!

what! this saturday is the last day..?? did barbara tell you this? i wonder how much of the class is full..

where are you coming from??

i live in and around the area...are you cute (and a girl);)

i might be attending depending if I get wiche

I got my official packet, I'm in. Good luck to the rest of you. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats....looks like you board, I started last year and fell in love with it..we'll have to hit vail or something.

Hey ! I talked to a dentist today who was a part of the adcom for CU two years ago. He told me that they interview through April...so maybe some hope for those of us who are freaking out a little because we haven't interviewed yet :(

So is the summer research application past due?...the website says no later than March 1st, any answers?

Let's keep this thread alive....Who else has been accepted? I have a feeling that 2/3 of the Colorado class doesnt use SDN. Anyway, I hope to see ya'll this fall.........benitz2 out

Even though they provide a stipend for the summer research program, can a student pull out school loans for additional expenses? How does graduate financial aid work?

Let's keep this thread alive....Who else has been accepted? I have a feeling that 2/3 of the Colorado class doesnt use SDN. Anyway, I hope to see ya'll this fall.........benitz2 out

Either that, or we might need to consider the very real possibility that the CU class of 2011 will only consist of 5 students. How do you like that faculty-student ratio?:rolleyes: If I meet one more future buff, than I have already met half the class!

So speak up future Buffalos, Buffaloes, Buffalo (surprisingly all are acceptable plurals for Buffalo-who knew?)

Seriously, looks like we are the only two attending...guess there wont be much class competition!!! Anyway, I responded to the Summer Research Scholarship and it looks like they want me to participate...so, I will be in Colorado earlier then expected. Im excited, I dont think there could have been a better match for me, Colorado sounds like home.

Accepted via Phone Call today. I interviewed on 3/10 to give you all a time prospective.

UCHSC is such a neat place, now I've got decisions to make!

I was called by Barbara today also to notify me of my acceptance. I'm pretty excited, CU is a great school. Does anyone know when classes start this fall?

Wizzie and Awalke:

What are your stats? Also, are you instate?

I was called by Barbara today also to notify me of my acceptance. I'm pretty excited, CU is a great school. Does anyone know when classes start this fall?

I was told that orientation would start August 13th, and classes the following week. Congrads on your admission! :thumbup:

Has anyone heard anything about the summer research program? I really want to be a part of it but I was just accepted to the school and I know that the deadline for the research program has already passed. How many people do they accept and how does it all work?

Thats crazy that orientation starts the 13th. That seems really early to me and that is also my 22nd birthday...it will sure be one worth celebrating though, I can't believe I got accepted!!

I heard from Barbara that the average age of last years entering class was 26. Are there any other "traditional" students just finishing their undergrad who are attending this fall?

Hey, got acceptance phone call from Barbara yesterday, can't wait to meet the people I'll spend 10 hours a day with for the next four years:) For those of you interested in the summer research program, see the UCHSC SOD website, there is info there. You can shoot Dr. Quissell an email if you have more questions, they may extend the deadline, who knows. I used to work in the SOD as a research assistant and actually supervised some dental students (now Pres and VP of the dental student research committee). It's a great opportunity to get research experience, and if you work hard you will be able to participate in the SOD Research Day with a poster presentation. Keep in mind it's hard work for both you and the PhDs who are gracious enough to train you for 2 months of work, take it seriously and it will pay off.

I have a myspace site, feel free to visit and email:
http://www.myspace.com/130039272

Has anyone heard anything about the summer research program? I really want to be a part of it but I was just accepted to the school and I know that the deadline for the research program has already passed. How many people do they accept and how does it all work?

Thats crazy that orientation starts the 13th. That seems really early to me and that is also my 22nd birthday...it will sure be one worth celebrating though, I can't believe I got accepted!!

I heard from Barbara that the average age of last years entering class was 26. Are there any other "traditional" students just finishing their undergrad who are attending this fall?

Im traditional! Be 22 when I start...we'll celebrate your birthday with a fantastic party.

I was offered the research scholarship and I can't wait to start....still don't who my mentor will be though. Can't wait to meet everyone, maybe we should start a facebook.

I was offered the research scholarship and I can't wait to start....still don't who my mentor will be though. Can't wait to meet everyone, maybe we should start a facebook.

I was accepted after the due date...so I'm still trying to find out if I can take part. I think I'd do it even without the scholarship. I'll be paying rent whether I move there or stay where I am at right now...congrats though. Should be an excellent summer, everyone I talked to loved the experience.

I just got an email from Dr. Cusick about the summer research program and he said they aren't accepting anymore students. He said he encourages students to joing the Student Research Group and they will begin introductory meetings for new students in September.

Everyone join the facebook group so we can get aquainted with each other and please excuse my hideous avatar.

(What would you do if you saw him/her/it in your dental chair?)