*** Official Countdown to May 15, 2007 ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LifetimeDoc

EM Attending
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Getting closer to the day everyone with multiple acceptances has to choose only one! Then the backlog of acceptances will open up those prized spots for those on the waiting lists. Anyone have any thoughts, plans, comments, etc? Good luck to everyone this application year!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm counting down to may 15 for waitlist movement!

Getting closer to the day everyone with multiple acceptances has to choose only one! Then the backlog of acceptances will open up those prized spots for those on the waiting lists. Anyone have any thoughts, plans, comments, etc? Good luck to everyone this application year!

Most schools tyically say it takes 2-3 days to get things straight and start the waitlist movement.:(

Members don't see this ad :)
I got 3 waitlists out of 3 interviews...I can't WAIT for May 15th.

Duration calculation results

From and including: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 8:00:00 AM
To, but not including : Midnight between Monday, May 14, 2007 and Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The duration is 48 days, 16 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds

Or 1 month, 17 days, 16 hours :eek:

Note: This calculator does not take time zones, daylight saving time or leap seconds into account.
Alternative time units
48 days, 16 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds can be converted to one of these units:

* 4,204,800 seconds
* 70,080 minutes
* 1168 hours
* 6 weeks (rounded down)

Duration calculation results

From and including: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 8:00:00 AM
To, but not including : Midnight between Monday, May 14, 2007 and Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The duration is 48 days, 16 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds

Or 1 month, 17 days, 16 hours :eek:

Note: This calculator does not take time zones, daylight saving time or leap seconds into account.
Alternative time units
48 days, 16 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds can be converted to one of these units:

* 4,204,800 seconds
* 70,080 minutes
* 1168 hours
* 6 weeks (rounded down)

Wow, you really are anticipating this date :laugh:

I got 3 rejections out of 3 interviews...I can't WAIT for May 15th.

Ummm... rejections are not like the waitlist, they can't turn into acceptances. you know that right???:rolleyes:

Sarcasm is lost on some people.

I just hope that people are willing to withdraw from waitlists (if the school is not their number 1 choice) too if they have already made up their minds about a school. Dunno if this even affects waitlist movement though...

I just hope that people are willing to withdraw from waitlists (if the school is not their number 1 choice) too if they have already made up their minds about a school. Dunno if this even affects waitlist movement though...
when people get their first choice, they usually go ahead and drop others. but SDN history has shown that many people hold all their acceptances until that last possible date. i think that even if many accepted students did withdraw before that date, many schools still don't reconsider waitlisted applicants until after may 15.

I think a lot of times people stay on a waitlist for the heck of it. They May 15 date only applies to acceptances, not waitlists.

I think a lot of times people stay on a waitlist for the heck of it. They May 15 date only applies to acceptances, not waitlists.

That's what I think too - I don't really know if this affects others who are on the waitlist and who really want in, I'm thinking it doesn't really. But if it does, I suppose I can't do anything about it but call those people inconsiderate as*clowns and then move on...

if the list is ranked, then I suppose it won't do much but just delay the acceptance of the other person by like a day or two....but I still think it's pretty immature of people to stay on a waiting list for the fun of it to see if they will eventually be accepted even though they have no intention of going...

Ummm... rejections are not like the waitlist, they can't turn into acceptances. you know that right???:rolleyes:

Ha, sorrrrry, see my edit above...they just feel like rejections, but theyre waitlists, thats what I get for typing when tired.

I think it's immature of people to stay on a waiting list for the fun of it to see if they will eventually be accepted even though they have no intention of going...

Maybe they are simply too tired to write another letter of withdrawal :laugh:

I'm not really waiting for any waitlists, but I just wanted to cheer on LifetimeDoc. I hope you get some good news in the near future.

Last edited:
didn't we JUST have a countdown to March 15? What was that for? It certainly didn't help me. Anyway, good luck to everyone for whom it makes a difference. Right now, I don't even have a waitlist so every day is like torture.

Well I am one of those people who knows what its like being on a waitlist so I am only holding on to two acceptances at this point (waiting to see what each offers in terms of money, gold, whatever).
Hopefully there are not too many of those people out there who feel the need to take their time deciding between 8 schools.
Hopefully some schools include a golden ticket in their financial aid package.