You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official Dermatology Interview Invites 2008-2009
Started by dermie09
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
its possible that a poor evals will rule some people out
You can do very, very well on exams and be able to pass or high pass a rotation but still be a jerk with poor evals.
But this would only disqualify a few people as most of us will have glowing dean's letters. 😍
honestly, i think they wait because they can.
You can do very, very well on exams and be able to pass or high pass a rotation but still be a jerk with poor evals.
But this would only disqualify a few people as most of us will have glowing dean's letters. 😍
honestly, i think they wait because they can.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Invites:
Rejects:
UMich (10/28)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
🙁
Rejects:
UMich (10/28)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
🙁
Updated
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
.
Last edited:
Got an offer today!!!
Northwestern (11/3, email) 😀
congrats sensitive skin! 😀
Updated list:
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
Washington Hospital (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Northwestern University (11/3 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
Washington Hospital (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Northwestern University (11/3 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
Thanks scumbagderm!
ANOTHER offer for me! 😀😀😀😀 I am happy dancing today!
Georgetown University/Washington Hospital Center (11/3 email)
------
Updated
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Georgetown University/Washington Hospital (11/3 email)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Northwestern University (11/3 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
ANOTHER offer for me! 😀😀😀😀 I am happy dancing today!
Georgetown University/Washington Hospital Center (11/3 email)
------
Updated
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Georgetown University/Washington Hospital (11/3 email)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Northwestern University (11/3 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
OH HOW CRUEL! The Washington Hosp Ctr was a false email!
ugh!!! 🙁
Updated list...without the erroneous mass email! 🙁
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Northwestern University (11/3 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Northwestern University (11/3 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
I wonder who they're planning to interview on Thursday 11/6?
Anyone not get the follow up email?
Dear Applicant:
Please accept my deepest apologies, in error a mass email extending an
invitation to intervew was sent to you. We are now in the process of
selecting applicants and will contact you in the very near future if you meet
our criteria.
Anyone not get the follow up email?
Dear Applicant:
Please accept my deepest apologies, in error a mass email extending an
invitation to intervew was sent to you. We are now in the process of
selecting applicants and will contact you in the very near future if you meet
our criteria.
I wonder who they're planning to interview on Thursday 11/6?
Anyone not get the follow up email?
Dear Applicant:
Please accept my deepest apologies, in error a mass email extending an
invitation to intervew was sent to you. We are now in the process of
selecting applicants and will contact you in the very near future if you meet
our criteria.
Well I think the fair thing to do would be to invite everyone in the country to interview while providing us with airfare and hotel fare in order to atone for their little email mishap
😉
Dear Applicant:
Please accept my deepest apologies, in error a mass email extending an
invitation to intervew was sent to you. We are now in the process of
selecting applicants and will contact you in the very near future if you meet
our criteria.
Dude that sucks what a tease.👎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Northwestern University (11/3 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
UC Irvine (11/3 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Northwestern University (11/3 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
UC Irvine (11/3 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
ouch. i just got that G-town false invite. that hurt!
does anyone know how the invite system works? (ie, if i didn't get an invite from northwestern today, is it game over at that school? or was that just the first batch, and they will be reviewing more apps and sending out additional invites at a later time?)
thanks!
does anyone know how the invite system works? (ie, if i didn't get an invite from northwestern today, is it game over at that school? or was that just the first batch, and they will be reviewing more apps and sending out additional invites at a later time?)
thanks!
that wash hosp center email was definitely a bubble buster 😱
we'll see what happens...
best of luck to everyone!
we'll see what happens...
best of luck to everyone!
SUNY Buffalo invite today (email)
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Northwestern University (11/3 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
UC Irvine (11/3 email)
SUNY Buffalo (11/3 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Northwestern University (11/3 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
UC Irvine (11/3 email)
SUNY Buffalo (11/3 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
Was there anybody that didn't get that Washington hospital center message in error?
Was there anybody that didn't get that Washington hospital center message in error?
I didn't get it.
My theory: It was sent out to people that passed through their initial filter. I missed out on the Georgia double teaser too. Chances are that I will not make it through any filters so if u have any questions about the relevance of emails to filters ask me if I got it, since I will probably represent those that got filtered out. 🙁
I didn't get it.
My theory: It was sent out to people that passed through their initial filter. I missed out on the Georgia double teaser too. Chances are that I will not make it through any filters so if u have any questions about the relevance of emails to filters ask me if I got it, since I will probably represent those that got filtered out. 🙁
I wouldn't get too down about it. I was one of those that received the false email and if you take a look at my stats, they are average to downright mediocre across the board.
I wouldn't get too down about it. I was one of those that received the false email and if you take a look at my stats, they are average to downright mediocre across the board.
Thanks for your kind words. In this one instance I'm actually glad I didn't pass the filter because the second email would probably have crushed my soul.
did anyone not get the second email?
you know what this means...
Georgetown/Washington will be one of the last schools to send out an official rejection letter. They can't possibly send a prompt rejection leter after a fiasco like this...
But anyways, lets stay positive. Tomorrow's a another day!
Georgetown/Washington will be one of the last schools to send out an official rejection letter. They can't possibly send a prompt rejection leter after a fiasco like this...
But anyways, lets stay positive. Tomorrow's a another day!
Well, it seems like SOME ppl did not get the second email...
Anyways, their program is kind of on tippy toes anyway...
I didn't get either email so I'm not sure what to think of all that. I did apply there a little late, I hope I didn't miss the deadline (I applied Oct 15th). Does anyone know when their deadline was? Weird stuff, congrats to all you got interviews today. I sitting on one
Last edited:
I got the email. I was surprised to see an invite so early but was still happy.
Then...
SYKE! JUST KIDDING. YOU SUCK.
thanks georgetown 👎
Then...
SYKE! JUST KIDDING. YOU SUCK.
thanks georgetown 👎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats!! i'm hoping to hear from them too!
Got an offer today!!!
Northwestern (11/3, email) 😀
----------
Updated list:
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Northwestern University (11/3 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
I got the WHC interview - the real one.
Wow, that WHC psych-out was painful!
I was literally jumping up and down after receiving the first email (i.e. I'm really not an idiot!)...
Boy was the second email a downer.
I was literally jumping up and down after receiving the first email (i.e. I'm really not an idiot!)...
Boy was the second email a downer.
Can anyone really explain the reasoning behind some people receiving rejection notifications from a school and others not? Is it really a function of multiple screens???
Also in addition to the list of accepts/rejects, could we maybe start a thread/list of interview dates for each program?
Also in addition to the list of accepts/rejects, could we maybe start a thread/list of interview dates for each program?
Replying to above query, the programs that have offered interviews (Northwestern, UC Irvine 11/3) but no rejections yet, I would think that the applicants are still under review or being waitlisted until a decision can be taken.
Last edited:
Can anyone really explain the reasoning behind some people receiving rejection notifications from a school and others not? Is it really a function of multiple screens???
Also in addition to the list of accepts/rejects, could we maybe start a thread/list of interview dates for each program?
it's online at: http://www.derminterest.org/interviews/
Yes, above is a good resource for knowing program interview dates, however it is not without errors. I found discrepancies between the list and program websites for a number of programs, including UC Davis and U of Illinois. It is possible that the programs revised their interview dates after the forum made the list.
Good luck to all.
Good luck to all.
Invite to MUSC (email)! 11/4
Congrats Dermflower.
I noticed that UC San Diego has not downloaded my application at all and I applied well before their deadline. Has anybody else noticed the same? Does that mean that some of us did not even meet their initial filter criteria?
I noticed that UC San Diego has not downloaded my application at all and I applied well before their deadline. Has anybody else noticed the same? Does that mean that some of us did not even meet their initial filter criteria?
Hi dermRus, is it possible that they are reviewing/inviting CA applicants first?
I noticed that UC San Diego has not downloaded my application at all and I applied well before their deadline. Has anybody else noticed the same? Does that mean that some of us did not even meet their initial filter criteria?
They downloaded my app on 11/5. Not a filter issue. Not at CA resident either.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wayne State invite 11/5 (email) - interview dates Dec. 17, Jan 14, Jan 21.
I'm not getting any interviews or rejects. What gives?
It is still super early...programs send out invites well into mid December.
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Northwestern University (11/3 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
UC Irvine (11/3 email)
SUNY Buffalo (11/3 email)
MUSC (11/4 email)
WHC (11/4 email)
Wayne State (11/5 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (10/28 email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Northwestern University (11/3 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)
UC Irvine (11/3 email)
SUNY Buffalo (11/3 email)
MUSC (11/4 email)
WHC (11/4 email)
Wayne State (11/5 email)
Rejections
Michigan (10/28 email)
Scott and White (10/28 email)
SUNY Buffalo (10/30)
Mayo Arizona
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 11K