Official DPM 2007 Match Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonwill

Podiatrist
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, the time has come. I know that while not a lot of 07's regularly post on SDN, many of you frequently browse SDN. Even if it is your first post or close to it, I hope that EVERYONE will post where they are going (ie. I hope it isn't just me and Krabmas :laugh: )

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, the time has come. I know that while not a lot of 07's regularly post on SDN, many of you frequently browse SDN. Even if it is your first post or close to it, I hope that EVERYONE will post where they are going (ie. I hope it isn't just me and Krabmas :laugh: )

I know where you are going and who is going with you. Do you? :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like it actually might not be the end of the world to have not matched:
http://www.casprcrip.org/html/casprcrip/pdf/2007UnfilledPositions.pdf

How can seemingly high quality spots like Broadlawns, KPRP, St Barnabas, UMDNJ, St Vincent Cleveland, UPMC SS, and too many to count in Michigan go unfilled? Is it generally just because those programs rated elite student candidates but those rated candidates all matched slightly higher with other programs just a bit sooner?

Detroit Medical Center - Wayne State BABY!!!!!!!!!
Congrats, that sounds like a very solid program.^ Must be darn nice to come home to that letter after clinic. You'll have to keep us updated over the next few years when you get a breather from time to time. :)

Detroit Medical Center - Wayne State BABY!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Congrats brother! God bless you! :luck: May each day bring an exciting case to you. May you become famous and earn the respect of your professors. And then write recommendation Letter for me after 4yrs:D

hey is this program like the harvard or MIT, or its a decent program. iam just a prepod. So i have no idea abt it. It will be great if you could introduce us (pre-pods) about your program (highlights, facts, reputation,etc). So that we know where our dear Jonwill is going.:)

INOVA baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :D :cool:

I had no idea but it is pretty sweet! I can't wipe the smile off my face

INOVA baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :D :cool:

I had no idea but it is pretty sweet! I can't wipe the smile off my face

Awesome! :thumbup: I think you'll be with one of DMU's next year also, congrats, that's an awesome residency.

Members don't see this ad :)

I've heard amazing things about that residency, it'll be on my to see list when I get there. Congrats and enjoy the time between now and July cause I hear it gets pretty crazy there.

legacy - Portland,OR

super psyched! cant wait to get out there!

legacy - Portland,OR

super psyched! cant wait to get out there!

Great area and good residency. I'm going to check that one out this summer when I'm back home. Congrats!!

Congrats to all of you that have matched and congrats on getting into programs that I'm assuming you all wanted to get into! Enjoy these next 3 years and LEARN as much as you can! DO as much as you can! Don't hesitate to put in a central line or chest tube. Enjoy your residency and remember to practice as much podiatry surgery as you can, because once you're out on your own, it's just you and the patient! Congratulations to all! Good luck and keep us updated on SDN!

Good job everyone! It sounds like you all got really excellent residencies! Best of luck to you in your post grad education!!!:luck: