**Official Fall 2007 Cycle Application Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cheetos

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Labor Day weekend just ended and you know what that means, the AACPM application is now OPEN!! So since the Pre-Pod forum has been dead lately, lets get it back up again. For those of you applying to POD school this year for 2007, list what schools you're applying to, what undergrad school you came from, and your major. I'm sure some of you may end up as my classmates this time next yr :p

Applying to: AZPOD, CSPM, CPMS, Scholl, NYCPM
UC Davis BioMech Engineer Major

Members don't see this ad.

Labor Day weekend just ended and you know what that means, the AACPM application is now OPEN!! So since the Pre-Pod forum has been dead lately, lets get it back up again. For those of you applying to POD school this year for 2007, list what schools you're applying to, what undergrad school you came from, and your major. I'm sure some of you may end up as my classmates this time next yr :p

Applying to: AZPOD, CSPM, CPMS, Scholl, NYCPM
UC Davis BioMech Engineer Major

Do let us know if anyone gets interview calls, etc. thank you

Applying to: Scholl, Ohio, DMU, Temple....and will be debating on AZPOD until I send it out tomorrow night

University of Illinois- Chambana
Major: Molecular and Cellular Biology

Members don't see this ad :)
iam applying to OCPM, Sholls, AZPOD, cali, barry. main preference is AZPOD or Cali but will happily accept Scholl. lol! its a 20 min drive from my home.

Guys when do u think the schools will contact us after we have submitted our application. i guess i was the first one to submit the application at 4pm today.

iam applying to OCPM, Sholls, AZPOD, cali, barry. main preference is AZPOD or Cali but will happily accept Scholl. lol! its a 20 min drive from my home.

Guys when do u think the schools will contact us after we have submitted our application. i guess i was the first one to submit the application at 4pm today.

Wow that was fast! Congrats! I'm planning to submit mine within the next week. It's finals week for us for our summer quarter this week =( Supposedly I heard they reply to you really fast probably in less than a month after they receive your app. Let us know how things go. GL!!

Hey guys,

You should start hearing from the schools right away! My guess is you will have interviews by the end of next week. Congrats on the starting the process.

I can tell you that although class can be tough I am having some great times here at DMU. I am so glad I made the choice to become a pod. Later.

Oncogene

Anyone know if the Cali school accepts DATs?

i'll admit it. i applied to all 8 schools. options are great to have! i put my app in yesterday, finally at about 4:30pm, pac time. i just hope my LOR's all made. i need to check on that tomorrow. i haope it all works out! i would love to have an interview call soon! i'll keep you all posted. i applied with DAT scores. some of the schools told me worst case senario is that they accept you with the caviat of pulling a decent score on the MCAT (21 at Des Moines) that is what i was told by megan, 2 weeks ago. so, we'll see. all the rest seemed ok with dat.

dbl. major- business managment, German language from UNLV

I can't wait to send in my app. I'm applying to DMU which is my first choice as well as AZPOD, Ohio, and Scholl.
Major-- Exercise Science

i got a question for those that already put in their apps....in the required courses section, im getting confused because i took bio at my current school and then had to repeat it at a different school (to get a better grade). now, do i list the grade on the same line and put the repeated grade (even though they have differnt course names) or do i just check off that its repeated and then on a seperate table list the repeated course and grade? sorry if im confusing anyone

I'm a first year at DMU and all I can say is that it is sweet. I'm having a blast, most of my classmates are freakin' rad. Hope you all get what you want. I will say though, it's a lot of work, but well worth it.

I just submitted my apps yesterday. not so sure when interviews will come around since my LOR won't be coming in until I get an abstarct submitted, which will probably be the end of this year. waiting is painful...

I just submitted my apps yesterday. not so sure when interviews will come around since my LOR won't be coming in until I get an abstarct submitted, which will probably be the end of this year. waiting is painful...

Don't worry they will interview you w/o a completed file.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview invite from barry this morning. any one else getting calls or emails??

Got an interview invite from barry this morning. any one else getting calls or emails??

Whoa! 5 day turn around time, now thats what I'm talking about :thumbup: GL with your interview! When did you schedule it? Planning on to submit my app this weekend :D

wow lucky u. i too applied on 5th of sep. but due to my over excitedness and careless attitude my application was returned two times for mistakes. Finally i corrected it and submitted it today. I confirmed from AACPM office that they have sent to the schools today. So i hope to hear some news next week. may god help me.

I did recieved a confirmation email from Scholls, saying they recieved my application and will be reviewing this coming week and contact me shortly. oh boy iam too excited and nervous. Congrats to you and good luck.

do u mind sharing ur stats.

Scholl is usually one of the last schools to start setting up interviews. You won't hear about an actual interview date for awhile, more towards October. Last year it was the last school I heard from. But I didn't apply to New York, Temple, or AZPOD.

Scholl is usually one of the last schools to start setting up interviews. You won't hear about an actual interview date for awhile, more towards October. Last year it was the last school I heard from. But I didn't apply to New York, Temple, or AZPOD.

overall how would you rate scholl's interview and admission procedure. is it very hard or u can say medium. and how is the interview procedure at Scholl's

overall how would you rate scholl's interview and admission procedure. is it very hard or u can say medium. and how is the interview procedure at Scholl's

Granted this was 3 years ago, but Scholl really turned me off w/ the same day acceptance. I made me wonder why I even interviewed. If you already knew if I was accepted or not then why spend the $500.

The scholl interview is pretty laid back. Just be yourself and tell them why you want to go into Podiatry. Myself as well as others who interviewed at Scholl thought the school was great, thats why we attended here.

From what I can remember:

You first meet someone in their admissions office who goes over the history of Scholl, its old location, and why it is now affiliated with Rosalind Franklin University and the Chicago Medical School. You get a folder which goes over the averages of MCAT and GPA of their last years maltriculated students.

Next you would meet with Mandy, the admissions coordinator, who will go over the majority of things with you. Such as the schedule you will be taking at Scholl for the next four years. She goes through every class on this well designed pamphet that shows the breakdown of % of classroom vs clinical for the next three years.

Then you go on the tour in which she shows you around the campus, and drives you to the nearby clinic where you will be spending the next three years visiting. You get to walk around the clinic and see the structure of the clinical experience that you will have as a Scholl student. Then you come back and meet with another person for the interview. Most cases they are doctors themselves that now teach here at Scholl. The person who interviewed me was the head of the department of podiatric surgery and teaches different classes. He asked why Podiatric Medicine? Did I apply to regular medical schools as well? What can you bring to the field of Podiatric Medicine, how will you be an asset? Then some small talk about where you lived. Really a laid back experience.

After that you meet with some students who will take you out to lunch and show you around their part of the school. The anatomy lab, classrooms, CLEAR lab, the orthotics lab, radiology lab, computer lab (where they show you how Scholl uses computer imaging for Histology), and the feet first museum.

Then when you come back you meet with Mandy again, and she goes over the tuition costs, expected living expenses, avaliable on-campus housing, and options. Finally, at the end of the day she formally told me that I was accepted and since I had so much extracurricular experiences and a high GPA above 3.6 (which is their cut off line for the presidential scholarship) that my first year tuition would be 50% off. And since I made this the first year I would be more eligible to get another scholarship like this if I can keep above a 3.4 GPA at Scholl.

Personally, I am very happy that I chose to attend Scholl. The professors are absolutly awesome, and they really care about your success with them. They are very organized in your weekly schedule. They won't bomb you with too many classes if they know that you will be having a test at the end of that week.

However, I must add that their program is very challenging, but rewarding. They expect a lot from you, so be willing to work your tail off in every class.

My classes up to at least christmas:

Clinical Anatomy (lecture and lab with MD students)

Stucture and Function (Physiology + Histology(with Pathology Assistant students))

Biochemistry

Fundamental of Podiatric Medicine and Research (learn podiatric exams and full H&P using actors in the clinic)

Interprofessional Healthcare Teams (lectures on interprofessional healthcare and evidence based medicine, also meet in groups with MD, PA, DPT, DPM students to discusses clinical cases)

The interview procedure..........I'm going to give you my honest opinion. It was a very very very long day. Essentially the interview is one of the first things that you do, after you hear a very long description of the 4 year course load at Scholl. I guess it depends who interviews you. The person I got asked me a lot more about my interests outside of school, because my application was packed with upper level courses and tons of extra curriculars. I was worried, because my interview was only like 20 minutes long. But, I did get accepted and everything was great. All the interview days are long because they give you tours and have you talk to students. I had been checking out Scholl for awhile and I loved the school and I love being a student there now. I guess I thought the day was dragged out because I knew that with acceptance there I wouldn't be interviewing anywhere else.

If you don't know where you want to go yet, then the interview is going to be really important for you. Remember where the top programs are and really concentrate on what seperates the schools from each other. Interview days can be long and tedious, but go into the interview and be yourself because that is what they are looking for.

At the School interview you'll get to take a look at the clinics and have lunch with current students where you can ask any questions you want.

Hope that helps!!!!

The interview procedure..........I'm going to give you my honest opinion. It was a very very very long day. Essentially the interview is one of the first things that you do, after you hear a very long description of the 4 year course load at Scholl. I guess it depends who interviews you. The person I got asked me a lot more about my interests outside of school, because my application was packed with upper level courses and tons of extra curriculars. I was worried, because my interview was only like 20 minutes long. But, I did get accepted and everything was great. All the interview days are long because they give you tours and have you talk to students. I had been checking out Scholl for awhile and I loved the school and I love being a student there now. I guess I thought the day was dragged out because I knew that with acceptance there I wouldn't be interviewing anywhere else.

If you don't know where you want to go yet, then the interview is going to be really important for you. Remember where the top programs are and really concentrate on what seperates the schools from each other. Interview days can be long and tedious, but go into the interview and be yourself because that is what they are looking for.

At the School interview you'll get to take a look at the clinics and have lunch with current students where you can ask any questions you want.

Hope that helps!!!!

Molly,

That was really good advice :thumbup:

Anyway, hows studying for this anatomy exam going?

wow this is gr8. my applications were sent out on Friday and i recived an interview invite from Barry today morning. Anyone else getting any invites...

Molly,

That was really good advice :thumbup:

Anyway, hows studying for this anatomy exam going?

I'm feeling very good about it, I'm going to start working on biochem this week too. If you want to sit down for a couple of hours and go over stuff let me know. Maybe we could meet before class one morning-tommorow or wednesday-because you know my sporadic attendance policy:)

wow this is gr8. my applications were sent out on Friday and i recived an interview invite from Barry today morning. Anyone else getting any invites...

You are really going to hear back from most the of schools within a week :) Some will send letters to, or call AND send a letter.

Anyone know if the Cali school accepts DATs?

You should call. I asked about the GREs and they said they were no longer going to accept it. That's all I know.

i got an interview with barry! Im just waiting on Cali....hey tea_tu, when did you submit your application?

I got an interview with Temple! :)

i got an interview with barry! Im just waiting on Cali....hey tea_tu, when did you submit your application?

Sept 6. I was a day late!! :p

got an interview at DMU!!! yeah!!!

Just got an interview with Scholl!! So excited!

Any idea if they interview without LORs? My profs are still writing my LORs so they probably won't be in till Oct :(

Any idea if they interview without LORs? My profs are still writing my LORs so they probably won't be in till Oct :(

They interview without them. I was told that everything just had to be in before matriculation. Just tell them they'll be in as soon as possible.

hey congrats. i also recieved an interview from scholl. iam going next week. when do u plan to go.

Unfortunatly, I have 3 exams next week, 2 of which are anatomy. So I'm going the following week on Sept 28th.

For those with interview when did you guys submit your apps?

For those with interview when did you guys submit your apps?

I submitted on Sept 6th in the evening. You'll get a call this week I would think if you submitted the first week. Good Luck!:luck:

Woaaa just got an interview invite through email today to Barry and i just submitted application last night. They dont' have my transcripts, LORs or DAT scores!

Woaaa just got an interview invite through email today to Barry and i just submitted application last night. They dont' have my transcripts, LORs or DAT scores!

What does that tell you about the program?

Got an interview with Ohio in the mail.

For those who got interviews with DMU, what days of the week are they?

Scholl: Tuesday/Thursday
Temple: Monday/Friday
Ohio:Wednesday/Friday
DMU: ???