Official Guide Questions vs SB/real MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NarutoMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just took the Official Guide as a half-length today and I was wondering how they compare to the SB or the real MCAT. I got 90% BB, 93% CP, 83% CARS, and 80% PS. Obviously, I have to work on CARS and PS but how is the difficulty of the OG compared to SB/real MCAT. I still have 2 more months till my MCAT so I have a lot of time to improve. But I have a lot of other commitments so I just want to know if I am heading in right direction. My goal is 520+. Would love to hear from those who have taken the OG and the real mcat/SB.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't say anything about the OG since I didn't use it but I can say that the Section Bank is representative of the toughest passages you'll encounter on test day. If you're doing well on the Section Bank (doing well is understanding all of the answer choices and not getting it right just due to guessing/process of elimination/erroneous but fortuitous reasoning), then you're in good shape for the exam.