Official Guide to applying to Med School. (Now includes Waitlist info)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks to SMW, Jalby and abw for their thoughts. i think i'll follow your advice. y'all rock!

Members don't see this ad.

bump! read the beginning (especially Jalbrecht & Michelys) and bookmark it!

Originally posted by carrigallen
bump! read the beginning (especially Jalbrecht & Michelys) and bookmark it!

Members don't see this ad :)
bump.

if you've read all the way down here... anyone able to link any threads / websites where past secondaries (qs) are online?

thanks

Originally posted by IrishOarsman
bump.

if you've read all the way down here... anyone able to link any threads / websites where past secondaries (qs) are online?

thanks
I think Pocwana's website has them all. (Top of Pre-Allo, in the sticky)

I'm giving this a good bump since I enjoyed the initial posts of this thread so much, and I also want to ask a question.

My school has a pre-med committee, but they don't interview us (which is fine). BUT, we have to use the committee, and the FIRST time they meet is August, and even then it's discuss EDP candidates. :mad: They review and send out all others in Sept (if you're scores and LOR's are all in) or later. So if I don't do EDP (I might), I'd have to wait till Sept for them to send my LOR's and the composite letter (whatever they do)! Is that late? It seems a bit late.

I mean, I'd like to have an interview in the first ROUND in Sept, not just completing my app then. :mad:

if i remember correctly, harvard sends its letters in early september. what your school does is fine.

best of luck!

.....bump........

bumpity bump bump

Bump....

Bringing this back from the dead. ;)

BUMP!! Great advice by Jalby!!

Members don't see this ad :)
what a great thread. does one exist like this for DO schools?

A bump for the new year's applicants!

ahhh. The memories.

great memories, good luck to all! :)

I sent a letter of intent to the dean of admissions via priority mail, but now I don't know how to check if he got it. (Yes, I know I should have got delivery confirmation :) ). So how should I go about checking? Since I mailed it to the dean, it doesn't make sense to call the admin office to see if it was received, right??

Wow this must be an excellent thread to last 6 years.

Since people asked for ooooolllllldddd threads i will bring up a few of my favorites from back in teh day.

Since people asked for ooooolllllldddd threads i will bring up a few of my favorites from back in teh day.

It's been 7 years - I was just curious weather you are a doctor or not right now.

Sorry, I had to.

yes, tell us what's become of the originator of this thread

Take the April MCAT?

This thread is now obsolete :(

If it isn't my third favorite thread of all time. Portions definitely are obsolete, but most of it is useful.

Bump. Most still useful

Reactions: 1 user
Sooooooo... When am I going to get my commission?? Apparently someone took my post and wrote a book.

Amazon product

If I knew how to cut and past in a picture I would.

Reactions: 3 users
Sooooooo... When am I going to get my commission?? Apparently someone took my post and wrote a book.

Amazon product

If I knew how to cut and past in a picture I would.

to paste in a picture you need to find the image link that ends with jpg, png etc

click the image button in the toolbar when drafting a message and insert that link there

mIVPnR0.jpg

alternatively you could just upload the picture to imgur and paste the imgur link

TIL Jalby was formerly known as Jalbrekt... and I thought rekt was a somewhat recent internet term.

Reactions: 1 users