***Official Harvard School of Dental Medicine Class of 2011***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KingChris

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I figured we should have our own thread, and since we are such a small class this will be a nice way to find out who's definately going. I'm real excited about starting next fall, HSDM is a great school with some of the friendliest students. I'll see you all next fall!

Also, a bunch of us have started a group on facebook, so if you are definate on going to HSDM please feel free to join the HSDM class of 2011 group.

Members don't see this ad.

Also, a bunch of us have started a group on facebook, so if you are definate on going to HSDM please feel free to join the HSDM class of 2011 group.

If you definitely are going to Harvard, you definitely should learn how to spell 'definite.'

don't you mean "If you are"

Members don't see this ad :)
If you definitely are going to Harvard, you definitely should learn how to spell 'definite.'

I was afraid of this. This thread was made so that people going to Harvard could get to know one another, not so that someone with some obvious anger could start pointing out grammatical errors. Please don't post here.

hah, chill dude. it's not because it's a "harvard" forum. it's because you can't spell.

anytime any thread uses incorrect spelling or grammar, sdners jump on it. if you don't want it devolving into spelling corrections, run a spell check first.

[edit] just also wanted to say i don't correct others spelling mistakes, but you can't stop sdners from correcting others so why bother?

also congrats on harvard! hah, it'll be better for you than uconn :laugh:

This thread is lame. Chris, I'd suggest you ditch this one and try starting up a new one.

hah, chill dude. it's not because it's a "harvard" forum. it's because you can't spell.

Thank you. At times, it scares me how SDNers are the future of the medical profession, yet they cannot spell words we were taught in the third grade.

Thank you. At times, it scares me how SDNers are the future of the medical profession, yet they cannot spell words we were taught in the third grade.

I'd suggest you take it easy, man. This is the glorious Intertron Networking System Solution. Grammar mistakes happen.

lol wow, I did not see this coming at all! Okay well I tried, if someone else wants to start a forum they can. I didn't know how critically important spelling was on an informal forum, jeez!! Lets take a step back here and realize that this is just a way to chat, not to be taken so seriously and critically.

YOUR FUNNY.

OMG. someone call the spelling police because i SPELLED the wrong YOUR. :eek: omgomgogmogmgomgomgomgg. i guess i cant be a dentist anymore.

lol.

anyway chris, congrats on your acceptance to harvard! best of luck! =]

I just wanted to let you know I called the admissions office at Harvard and let them you you spelled a word wrong on an intarwebs forum. I'd plan on getting your stuff together to reapply.

I happen to know quite a few EXTREMELY successful, business savvy people who are absolutely horrific at spelling. In no way does one's ability to spell have any reflection on what kind of health professional they will be. What scares me far more than KingChris' spelling blunder is how you handled the situation. Come on bro, get a clue.

Members don't see this ad :)

what the heck is this, doctors have horrible spelling and handwriting. just a hint, spelling does not equal intelligence and especially common in conversations like SDN. seriously, threads like this are suppose to be informational to ppl that are going to harvard not somebody trying to be a spelling bee proctor. get a life dent2be4, i hope you dont treat your patients like this in the future because you wont have any left if you do.

Thanks for reminding me of the reason I didn't apply to any Ivy's....:thumbdown:

Ha! I spelled "definitely" wrong on a previous thread and everyone was all over it too. I wish people would lighten up and realize that this is only sdn, not your aadsas application. So you didn't feel like running spell check, big deal.

Anyways, Chris congrats on Harvard. My good friend from high school will be attending too. I'm sure you guys will have a great class. I heard that tufts and harvard students chill together.

Im trying to get connected with other HSDM 2011 people. I just joined the facebook page. Maybe I can get this thread back on track. I will try not to spell anyting rong.
Ive been out of school for 8 years, except for this past year of pre-reqs. I feel like Ive been living two lives, because my employers don't know I am going to school, and will be quitting soon. I went up to Boston last week for the Yankee Dental Show. It was pretty cool, and it made me very excited for school. I also spent some time looking at condos. Im thinking Brookline area would be pretty sweet.
Still waiting on my W2 so I can apply for financial aid.

I was at the Yankee Dental Convention as well. I was really impressed with all the technology available. Did you happen to see that mucosal examination system used to detect cancerous cells? What a great investment!

Thanks for reminding me of the reason I didn't apply to any Ivy's....:thumbdown:

Seriously... I've met a few ivy kids in my day and each and every one of them is a completely arrogant, stuck-up jerk.:barf: <--(that's my best sarcasm face.)

Do any of you guys know if Harvard is still doing interviews or if the class is pretty much full at this point? I haven't heard anything from them and it seems like its getting late in the game to have a chance of getting in to a class of 35.

What do you guys know about financial aid? When do we have to submit the FAFSA, will Harvard contact us to get us going or are we supposed to take care of it independently. Thanks.

What do you guys know about financial aid? When do we have to submit the FAFSA, will Harvard contact us to get us going or are we supposed to take care of it independently. Thanks.

Here's the financial aid manual from last year: http://www.hsdm.harvard.edu/asp-html/financial-aid.html

It looks like we'll have to have our FAFSA and CSSProfile submitted by March/April, as well as mailing in copies of our W-2's and tax forms (as well as those of our parents, I think). I just finished up FAFSA and CSSP last night, lol -- I'm used to having to fill everything out by Feb 1st for my undergrad :p

H2OPolodent -- Anne said they do interviews through February, so there are probably a few interview dates left.

Should I use "envious" or "jealous"? :D :sleep:
OP: Congrats!