***Official Indiana University Acceptance Thread C/O 2015***

how often are you guys checking back for waitlist updates? Ms. Shepherd told me to check back once a week, so every wednesday i will check with her

Members don't see this ad.

I was waitlisted #10. Spoke with admissions and am currently #6 as of today.

Members don't see this ad :)
what number do you guys call to get your waitlist number?

I would not sweat it, Chad. At the waitlist number I'm guessing you're at, you will definitely get in; don't stress! :thumbup:

I just got the number off the IU Dental website. Office of Admissions

So I was waitlisted in December and I got off the waitlist mid January. At the time they wouldn't reveal what position people were on the list, so I couldn't call and instead waited for an email.

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED was at about 6:30am on a Monday morning they called me offering a position (I got the letter about 5 days later). Luckily I was up early or else I would have thought it was my alarm clock and hit ignore/snooze.

Anyway, good luck, keep your phone charged and the volume on and just practice patience.

haha, i didnt know there was a 6:30 in the morning. if i get that call, lets hope it comes sometime after 1:00 pm, just to make sure im up. but i got an email this morning. found out that im #5 right now. just gonna sit back hope to hear and worry about schoolwork in the meantime.

...6:30 AM, sheeesh

how often are you guys checking back for waitlist updates? Ms. Shepherd told me to check back once a week, so every wednesday i will check with her
Hey everyone, I just got my acceptance to IU. I'll be going to indianapolis end of May to find apartments. Does anybody know how to find roomates and where are the good apartments near campus.

congrats naj. did you get pulled from the waiting list?

Hey everyone,

I hope all is well. I was hoping I could possibly get some info with regard to apartments in Indianapolis. I am from Texas and dont know much about the area. I would like to stay close to campus as possible but preferrably in area that is safe. Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey everyone,

I hope all is well. I was hoping I could possibly get some info with regard to apartments in Indianapolis. I am from Texas and dont know much about the area. I would like to stay close to campus as possible but preferrably in area that is safe. Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am from Ohio, so I am not too familiar with the area, but I did visit for a weekend before picking an apartment. I found another first year dental student using the roommate list and we will be living at Canal Square. There are a few other first years that are planning to live there and at Gardens of Canal Court.

Anyway, that general area is fairly safe (I checked with some friends and a police officer I know from Indy) and they are about a mile away from campus. If you have another questions you can always PM me. Also, I found a list of apartments that dental students have used over the years at the IUSD site. Hope it helps everyone who is looking for apartments.

http://www.iusd.iupui.edu/Depts/SA/new_students/Apartment_Guide.aspx

Members don't see this ad :)
Just giving an update. On the waitlist i started out at #18, about 2 weeks ago i was #12, and currently i am #7.

Just giving an update. On the waitlist i started out at #18, about 2 weeks ago i was #12, and currently i am #7.

Thanks for the update...2 weeks ago I was #13, so I hope that I am still right behind you at #8!!!

I started at #11, sittin at #1 right now. ready to go

At #3 (originally 14). Hope we all get in soon!

got the call today. so relieved. keep it movin

Congrats! See you in the fall...:thumbup:

I am rootin for all of you especially you Jpizzle;)

Accepted!!!! SO excited! See you in July! :clap:

I was so confused when I saw chadmo and anait got in when starting #11 and #14 because I started #6. I guess we should be clarifying if your on the in state or out of state list. So I started #6 and and am now #2 on the in state list. But I guess this is pretty obvious when it says something like Charlotte, NC under your name... and I'm an idiot.

Lockefield is the closest place to stay, but i would choose apartments on the canal. Much nicer and a canal walk with waterside breakfast/lunch once in a while is a good reliever. The canal is a block away from campus but IUSD is on the opposite side of campus. Pretty small campus though. Anything downtown is going to be safe. I wouldn't stay west of the river unless you don't care to stay 4 or 5 miles out. I've lived on 10th and lynhurst for 4 years while going to IUPUI and have never had a problem. Its about 8-12 mintues to school depending on traffic/lights. There is more housing additions/duplexes here and its close to avon/plainfield which is really nice. They are actually trying to make the area just across the river nice (put in a library, apple/mac store, juice bar, couple non-chain restaurants) but its still in the making. O and there is a police station right here too. Would say the east side is the worst as far as safety though and stay away from 38th. The north (way north) side is the "uppity" wealthy area. Especially Carmel/Fishers/Geist. These areas are extremely nice. Broadripple/Butler is not so far northside. Still really nice. Broadripple is the party/club area (along with downtown). And the southside doesn't have too much going on until Greenwood really. Greenwood is a lot like the avon/plainfield area. They have everything you would need and very low crime. Hope this helps some of you who aren't familiar with indianapolis. Anyone feel free to correct anything I said or add to it. or ask questions.

Last edited:
Yea, Im currently number 6 on state list as well, sure wish it was moving as fast as out of state! Time will tell. Good luck.