**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012-2013**

Started by jeffity
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yesterday, I received a rejection letter from UMB and I was interviewed back in 11/27/2012. It is my ashamed state school. Prior to the rejection letter, I sent a very polite email to Dr. Meehan and she never responded. I also called the admission office, and they were not helpful. I think this school is very inconsiderate. I was already accepted to many schools by 12/2/2012. I am glad that I accepted an offer to the UPenn. I am sure that UMB is horrible school if they treat the applicant like that. Imagine, you are attending there and how helpful faculty would be.
 
Last edited:
Yesterday, I received a rejection letter from UMB and I was interviewed back in 11/27/2012. It is my ashamed state school. Prior to the rejection letter, I sent a very polite email to Dr. Meehan and she never responded. I also called the admission office, and they were not helpful. I think this school is very inconsiderate. I was already accepted to many schools by 12/2/2012. I am glad that I accepted an offer to the UPenn. I am sure that UMB is horrible school if they treat the applicant like that. Imagine, you are attending there and how helpful faculty would be.

I think every school I was rejected from sucks too! Especially my state schools, those b holes didn't even offer me an interview!
 
Yesterday, I received a rejection letter from UMB and I was interviewed back in 11/27/2012. It is my ashamed state school. Prior to the rejection letter, I sent a very polite email to Dr. Meehan and she never responded. I also called the admission office, and they were not helpful. I think this school is very inconsiderate. I was already accepted to many schools by 12/2/2012. I am glad that I accepted an offer to the UPenn. I am sure that UMB is horrible school if they treat the applicant like that. Imagine, you are attending there and how helpful faculty would be.

First of all, you interviewed a couple days before December 3rd, I hope you didn't expect to hear back about your status 6 days later. Also, you can't expect a school to drop everything they are doing to respond to every "polite email." I think people feel entitled during this whole application process... Some schools have thousands of applicants for a few seats. If you came into the application cycle expecting schools to bend over backwards for you, you are entering the wrong profession. Lastly, I am sure UMB is a GREAT school, and I would choose it simply for the cheap in-state tuition over the 1/2-million you'll be shelling out at UPenn.
 
Were you rejected from Upenn? Oh, I am sorry. You could not apply there.

I don't understand what you wrote. Was this an attempt to be mean?

UPenn is a great school. We all know that. I'm sure you'll receive an amazing education there, I just think it is on the expensive side.

And I don't know if I would have been accepted to UPenn, had I applied. But, considering http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=992010 I don't think it was out of reach.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First two interviews

School: LECOM
Notification Date: 9/4/2013
Method of Notification: E Mail
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/19/2013


School: Marquette
Notification Date: 9/10/2013
Method of Notification: E Mail
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/19/2013

GPA: 3.49o/ 3.45s
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Any below 17): 19/18/21/20/none
 
Accepted: LECOM

Rejected: Detroit Mercy 🙁

Waiting list: UNE

No response yet from: UM and Midwestern-AZ

stats: AA(22) TA(20) GPA: 3.2 OOS
It's over!! I'm still screaming AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
 
First one!!! Surprised I got one without my letters in. Good luck!!

School: Case
Notification date: 7/10
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: First batch but missing letters
Application complete date: my letters are in and will be mailed out on Friday 7/13
GPA: 3.77 sci, 3.75 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/21/22/none below 17
Congrats. Proud of you! All the best lucks for yoU!
 
what would be my chances for this upcoming cycle ? I'm a little worried because of my GPA ;/
GPA: 3.47
AA:20
RC:21
Orgo: 21
G chem: 21
Bio: 23
PAT: 20
QR: 16
 
what would be my chances for this upcoming cycle ? I'm a little worried because of my GPA ;/
GPA: 3.47
AA:20
RC:21
Orgo: 21
G chem: 21
Bio: 23
PAT: 20
QR: 16


I say you have a good chance based on your DAT scores. You're GPA is the average or slightly below average of most programs but your DAT is strong. 👍
 
what would be my chances for this upcoming cycle ? I'm a little worried because of my GPA ;/
GPA: 3.47
AA:20
RC:21
Orgo: 21
G chem: 21
Bio: 23
PAT: 20
QR: 16


I have almost the same DAT scores, and slightly lower than your GPA

I received 6 interviews, 3 acceptances



You know there are some other factors like research, experience, community service, and most importantly personal statement (which I think I have put much efforts in to cover up my GPA)


If you can build an "attractive" application, I would say you have a good chance to get in!
 
I have almost the same DAT scores, and slightly lower than your GPA

I received 6 interviews, 3 acceptances



You know there are some other factors like research, experience, community service, and most importantly personal statement (which I think I have put much efforts in to cover up my GPA)


If you can build an "attractive" application, I would say you have a good chance to get in!
Thanks for your reply!! I started working on my application….soooo stressful….ehhehe….but excited at the same time 🙂
 
I say you have a good chance based on your DAT scores. You're GPA is the average or slightly below average of most programs but your DAT is strong. 👍
Thanks for your answer. Let's see how this goes…I'm nervous about the whole application process :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad