***Official I've been pulled off the WAITLIST***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fabu1ous

Wow, it is so clear...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been pulled off of waitlist/alternate status... If you have, can you please include your school name, date of interview, and when you were pulled off the waitlist?

Or is it too early in the game for this yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't waitlists start moving Mayish and into the summer?

Members don't see this ad :)
I recieved word from TCOM that they won't start pulling names off of their waitlist until after spring break at the earliest.

EMT2ERDOC already got pulled off of the UMNDJ-SOM WL if i'm not mistaken.

I guess I am corrected. For some reason I thought that schools interview into April/May and then start taking people off the WL as spots are made available. Maybe the schools vary?

I thought that schools interview into April/May and then start taking people off the WL as spots are made available. Maybe the schools vary?

The schools definitely vary. I interviewed on a Thursday at the new ATSU/Mesa. They make their decisions on Fridays. By the next week, I was notified that I was on the waitlist. They interviewed a new group of students on that Thursday, and then made another set of decisions on Friday. It was on that Friday that I found out I was accepted! So I was waitlisted and then came off of it in a week!

What was really funny was that I was informed of my acceptance via phone call, and then received my waitlist letter a day later (as it was mailed out earlier in the week.) :)

Just wondering if anyone has been pulled off of waitlist/alternate status... If you have, can you please include your school name, date of interview, and when you were pulled off the waitlist?

Or is it too early in the game for this yet?
WVSOM, Interviewed 9/15, Waitlisted 9/26, Off-Waitlist in December.

I recieved word from TCOM that they won't start pulling names off of their waitlist until after spring break at the earliest.

What's your definition of spring break?

I don't get it... you have a 3.75 and a 29 MCAT... what is going on?

How did I get accepted with a 32/3.24 outright? How'd your interview go?

Edit: probably bc you interviewed so early.
My interview went relatively well. I answered their questions and connected with my interviewers. I believe the main reason for the waitlist was that my interest in rural medicine wasn't particularly strong. They mentioned during my interview that my both my GPA and MCAT are strong and they wondered about my interest in WVSOM over another university with seemingly higher stats. Perhaps I didn't convey that strong enough. It is inconsequential though. The interviews I attended ended with admission.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, apparently LECOM-Br reviews the alternates about once a month... I received an email a few days ago saying that my file was reviewed with no change in my status (I'm still waitlisted)-- can't help feeling rejected now for the 2nd time :( and so was the beginning to a pretty :thumbdown: day... I was informed that my file will be reviewed again in the beginning of April...

Congrats to those of you who have gotten off!!! :thumbup:

What's your definition of spring break?

I am assuming its the spring break for that particular school since all schools have it at different times.

I am assuming its the spring break for that particular school since all schools have it at different times.

Hang in there GujuMD... keep us posted on your status. Have you sent any updates to your application (like letters of intent, new LOR's, a picture of you pleading on your knees :laugh: , anything)?

what should you include in letters of intent

The following can and should be utilized although not necessarily in this exact order...

1. A statement of intent to matriculate and/or withdraw from other schools upon acceptance.

2. Some reasons why you think the particular school is a perfect fit for you...for example, what impressed you on interview day.

3. Thank the school for continued interest and for taking the time to carefully review your application in its entirety.

4. Whatever else you think is relevant and important.

Best of luck :)

i'm waiting for the day that i can post on this thread :rolleyes:

When does this thread usually get going for real, May?

jUST GOT PULLED OFF NSUCOM WAITLIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3:20 ET 3/22/07

I was pulled off of the NSUCOM waitlist as well at 3:30pm on 3/22/07.

LECOM-Erie doesn't give us a spring break. :mad:

I was pulled off of the NSUCOM waitlist as well at 3:30pm on 3/22/07.

jUST GOT PULLED OFF NSUCOM WAITLIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3:20 ET 3/22/07

Congrats to you both :thumbup: :thumbup: ... I can't wait to till I'm able to post to this thread as well!!! How were you guys informed? Given the times, I'm assuming by email?

There's already on a forum on here, but thought I'd post it here too.

I relinquished my seat at WVSOM, DMU, COMP, and UNE. Much luck everyone! :D

For those who got off the waitlist congrats. When did you guys interview? Also has anyone not received an official letter stating they were waitlisted ? I interviewed in early Feb and had to called for my status.

Lala posted on another thread that a student from LECOM-Br who interviewed in Jan, was accepted a few weeks back from the wait list.