official mcat complaint thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MichiganEMTInt

3 things standing in the way of me and medical school:

1. 60 minutes
2. 7 passages
3. 40 questions

less than 2 weeks left and I'm getting horrible VS scores. postponing equals taking a year off because getting a score in october will be useless.

feel free to complain about anything in this thread. my condolences to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

3 things standing in the way of me and medical school:

1. 60 minutes
2. 7 passages
3. 40 questions

less than 2 weeks left and I'm getting horrible VS scores. postponing equals taking a year off because getting a score in october will be useless.

feel free to complain about anything in this thread. my condolences to everyone.

Try this? http://www.focusprep.com/

I bought it yesterday and I think it's definitely helping already with concentration and memory skills.

Members don't see this ad :)
For pity's sake I am SICK AND TIRED of waiting for these *$#%@%ing scores! Arghh I hate waiting for this!!?! Two more weeks ugh!:bang::diebanana:

That being said, I'm extremely grateful for the chance to vent.

For pity's sake I am SICK AND TIRED of waiting for these *$#%@%ing scores! Arghh I hate waiting for this!!?! Two more weeks ugh!:bang::diebanana:

That being said, I'm extremely grateful for the chance to vent.

if you think this is bad....wait til the last 3 or so days....you will want to die. ESPECIALLY the day you expect scores to be released.

May i suggest one thing.......DO NOT frantically refresh SDN or the THx system website all day long. you will drive yourself absolutely insane (i'm speaking from expereince). I was going out of my mind. Then, the BEST idea i've ever had occured to me. GO TO THE GYM. honestly, best decision of my life. I went to the gym, lifted some weights and totally forgot about the MCAT. When i got home, the scores had been posted. It was such a relief to go have fun and relax. i wish i had done it 10 hours before I thought of it.

FYI, scores usually come out around 12 pm pacific or 3 pm eastern.

if you think this is bad....wait til the last 3 or so days....you will want to die. ESPECIALLY the day you expect scores to be released.

May i suggest one thing.......DO NOT frantically refresh SDN or the THx system website all day long. you will drive yourself absolutely insane (i'm speaking from expereince). I was going out of my mind. Then, the BEST idea i've ever had occured to me. GO TO THE GYM. honestly, best decision of my life. I went to the gym, lifted some weights and totally forgot about the MCAT. When i got home, the scores had been posted. It was such a relief to go have fun and relax. i wish i had done it 10 hours before I thought of it.

FYI, scores usually come out around 12 pm pacific or 3 pm eastern.

I'm definitely praying that I work all day. Thanks for the advice, and the heads-up on release times. Now, back to slowly chewing all the way through my tongue:beat:

A few days later and I STILL haven't even been able to access my account. Their customer service turnover rate is pretty good--they get back to you within 24 hours--but if you don't have the necessary plugins, it's useless. My computer is only about 2 years old and still doesn't support their software...a bit strange. Also, from what others who have used it tell me, the program is a complete waste of your time. They make you do exercises repeatedly until you improve your score, based on the SAME questions. You only memorize the answers given to you. My experience w/this program wasn't very productive. I'm asking for a refund.