official NYS prescriptions 4/19/2006

Started by pkpd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pkpd

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need some clarification about the new law that's taking into effect on april 19th. Can we fill prescriptions that's not written on the official new york state blank starting april 19th 2006? (the purple/blue prescriptions?)
thankyou
 
pkpd said:
I need some clarification about the new law that's taking into effect on april 19th. Can we fill prescriptions that's not written on the official new york state blank starting april 19th 2006? (the purple/blue prescriptions?)
thankyou

From what I understand, ALL written prescriptions must be on the new NYS blanks.
 
pkpd said:
I need some clarification about the new law that's taking into effect on april 19th. Can we fill prescriptions that's not written on the official new york state blank starting april 19th 2006?
thankyou

It depends on what state you are working at. However all prescriptions taken in NYS must be written on a new york state blank dated April 19th and so on.

I am not so sure, but i believe it is okay to take a normal prescription with a date before that. Its kind of funny considering how many doctors dont write the date on a prescription, making it to be invalid in the first place. I guess its better to staff the pharmacy with an extra intern just so you can call the doctor.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aznfarmerboi said:
It depends on what state you are working at. However all prescriptions taken in NYS must be written on a new york state blank dated April 19th and so on.

I am not so sure, but i believe it is okay to take a normal prescription with a date before that. Its kind of funny considering how many doctors dont write the date on a prescription, making it to be invalid in the first place. I guess its better to staff the pharmacy with an extra intern just so you can call the doctor.

Funny that you say what state....I'm in CA & I don't care what blank a NY prescriber writes on...I'll fill it anyway. But...in CA...if a controlled drug is not written on our proper blanks...I won't fill it. I THINK in Texas, it doesn't matter if its valid in our home state or not for a controlled drug - they won't take it or give it as a copy (at least in my experience) - but, I could be wrong here. I wonder when our states will all come together & make uniform rx laws. After all, why should a drug be treated differently in CA than MI? I've always wondered...
 
I was baffled the other day doing transfers to Washington (I think it was Washington). They wouldn't accept the transfer because the prescription had been transferred to us in Arizona from Nevada (and it wasn't a control).