***Official NYU Class of 2015 Acceptance Thread***

If anyone ends up thinking about moving to Stuyvesant Town (highly recommend it), shoot me an email before you go in to sign the lease. They do a referral bonus where you get money when you sign and we get money so it's mutually beneficial. I forget the bonuses but I think it's $500? Anyways, email is: [email protected]

Oh and congratulations on your acceptance... you're in for a crazy experience ;)

-david

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I was recently accepted at Case (and NYU since a few months now..). I was wondering if any of you had to pick between Case and NYU? If you did, what made you choose NYU (besides location)? I don't want to choose a school based only on location (because there is no competition there :) ) but rather which school will have a better clinical education.

Thank you! I really appreciate your help. Congratulations to all that have been accepted to NYU!

Anyone else from the bay area get accepted? PM if so!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, congratulations on your acceptances.

I am currently a D3 student, and I live with another D2,and D4 in a 2 bedroom converted apartment in Waterside Plaza. My D4 roommate will graduate in May, and move out in June 1. We need another roommate to take over the room right now, and we will sign a new contract in August (the rent might change after the new contract. It might go up or down)

The rent is $965 for the biggest room. Electricity, and internet are equally divided. No pets, no smoking, and the room is not furnished. We are friendly, and easy-going, and we expect you to be the
same. just clean after yourself. If you are interested in the room, let me know by sending me an email at [email protected].

PS: They do have a referral bonus at Waterside plaza. It's $1000 for the one who refer. you can check that information on watersideplaza.com. If you guys need help with that, I'll do it for you guys. No charge :)). I will give that money back to you when they give me.

I got my acceptance letter via UPS in a big envelope.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP IF YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER!:banana::biglove:

"Stay strong, stay determined":hello:

I got my acceptance letter via UPS in a big envelope.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP IF YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER!:banana::biglove:

"Stay strong, stay determined":hello:

Congrats!! If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview? Also, were you on the waitlist before getting accepted?

For anyone who may be coming to New York early before the Fall semester begins, there is a 1 bedroom available in a 3 bed, 1 bath apartment. You would be living with a 1st year dental student doing research over the summer and a recent graduate in his residency. Move in would be around June 1st (we can work around the date if need be) till August 1st. It may be possible to extend the lease. The vacant room is the largest of the 3 and has the approx dimensions of 15'6" x 17'6". The cost/month would be $1225, much cheaper than what's been quoted in the previous messages in the thread. Please e-mail me at [email protected] and I'd be glad to send you pictures.

Thanks,

Peter
NYUCD c/o 2011

Just got the call this morning!!!! superexcited:) Can anyone tell when does classes and the orientattion start as It will be big move for us and need to find good school for my kid:)

Just got the call this morning!!!! superexcited:) Can anyone tell when does classes and the orientattion start as It will be big move for us and need to find good school for my kid:)

Congrats on getting in!! That's very good news. If you don't mind, can you ask you what your stats are.

congrats. Orientation starts on August 22nd. GL

My stats for DAT 23/22/15 with 3.6 GPA.This was my last hope to dental school.I am also wait listed at another one!!!just confused should I tell that school about my nyu acceptance to make their decision so I can make right choice even though I feel blessed to get into NYU.
Thanks for telling me about orientation date even though my package might be coming in soon but just wanted to know the date as we have big move to make:))))

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone:thumbup::thumbup: I'm from Cali and I can't choose between Temple and NYU:confused: Temple sounds like they're strong clinically but NYU has a great name and new everything!! So why did u guys pick NYU.​

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone:thumbup::thumbup: I'm from Cali and I can't choose between Temple and NYU:confused: Temple sounds like they're strong clinically but NYU has a great name and new everything!! So why did u guys pick NYU.​

I had to make the same exact decision..between Temple and NYU. For me the choice was easy though, definitely NYU. I was very impressed with NYU's staff and clinics. Majority of the bad things you've heard about NYU are just rumors. In my opinion, it's one of the top dental schools out there and anyone should be proud to be accepted.

I understand your dilemma though. Both Temple and NYU are good schools. Which area would you rather live in? I personally prefer NY because I'm from this area and feel comfortable here. I've also done a lot of research on NYU and I feel that it is the right place for me. You may want to talk to current students from both schools, that might help. Good luck and Congrats!!

I got accepted too!! Yay :D Now I just need to find housing and possibly another D1 female roommate. I'm thinking Waterside Plaza Home. Anyone else looking?

I got accepted too!! Yay :D Now I just need to find housing and possibly another D1 female roommate. I'm thinking Waterside Plaza Home. Anyone else looking?

congrats! nyudent2015.

when was your interview?
were you wait-listed?

A spot should be opening up for the waitlisters. I'm cancelling my acceptance soon. Good luck everyone.

I need some help here. I was going through my documents for NYU and I seem to have everything except the Check List which has the dates for different fourms that needs to be handed in and to ....

Does anyone know where I can down load a copy of that CHECK LIST document ?

Also, What address do we need to send our transcripts for this last semester to ?

Thank you in advance, I can not believe that I lost that important document.

Hello
I got accepted into NYUCD, but never receive the hardcopy of the admittance package in the mail...instead, I just got the letter through e-mail and told me to pay $5000 deposit.
May I ask if anyone know the details of what's included in their official package? just letters or also have school infos?
Thank you so much:)~!

Hello
I got accepted into NYUCD, but never receive the hardcopy of the admittance package in the mail...instead, I just got the letter through e-mail and told me to pay $5000 deposit.
May I ask if anyone know the details of what's included in their official package? just letters or also have school infos?
Thank you so much:)~!

congratz!! if you don't mind, when/how were you notified for acceptance?

I also got the package info via e-mail. I did not get an actual package in the mail.

It was weird.
I didn't get call nor mail. I didn't know I got accepted until they asked me why I didn't put in the $5000 deposit.
And they e-mail me the letter and deposit form after I confirmed my acceptance offer~!
so I also would like to know what do people get in the actual admittance package.

Hey Class of 2015,

I am messaging to let you guys know that one of my roomates will be moving out as on May 30, 2011 and a bedroom will be available ideally for a summer research student starting June 1, 2011.

The monthly rate is $1080 for the Second bedroom (not master nor living room) and there will be the possibility to extend beyond the two months until the end of May 2012 (when D1 year finishes for you). I know its only 2 weeks away but its definitely better than sharing a bedroom living dormstyle at Gramercy housing paying more per month.

The unit is at 40 Waterside Plaza, and its a 2 Bedroom + 1 Bath converted to a 3 bedroom 1 Bath. (the $3400/month 2br + 1 unit on the waterside plaza website).

Please e-mail me at [email protected] for a pic of the floorplan or any additional details/questions you may have.

Thanks!

wait sorry I was trying to post on the SOM forum

Got accepted back in March.. forgot to post on here! Studentdoctor.net was a big help along the way.. really thankful for this forum.

Congratulation to all who recently got their acceptance

Quick question about Tuition and Fees:

Do you guys recall what we were told about the tuition and fees for the next 4 years? Were we told to expect a 3-5% increase in the numbers that were given to us each year or will these numbers stay the same for next 4 years for us ?

I have been looking at their website for information about tuition and fee increase that we should expect each year but was not able to find anything.

Thank you All

Hey there,

I remember you being an international student...did you get into Tufts?

Congratulation to all who recently got their acceptance

Quick question about Tuition and Fees:

Do you guys recall what we were told about the tuition and fees for the next 4 years? Were we told to expect a 3-5% increase in the numbers that were given to us each year or will these numbers stay the same for next 4 years for us ?

I have been looking at their website for information about tuition and fee increase that we should expect each year but was not able to find anything.

Thank you All

Hey does anyone have a room available for rent for this august? I'm a female looking for female roommates. I got accepted into the program this april and need to place to live.

email me at [email protected]

thanks

I just called the admissions and asked if any movt would be expected soon. He said there might be possibility from now on til August but the class is full at this time... so sad.. :(

I just called the admissions and asked if any movt would be expected soon. He said there might be possibility from now on til August but the class is full at this time... so sad.. :(

Keep your hopes up. I just removed myself from the class. There goes 5000 bucks ill never see again :(. Good Luck.

Was just accepted off the waitlist recently!!
Woohooo so excited to come and to meet you guys soon :D

Now, I need to find housing for this upcoming school year.

Anyone still looking for a (male) roommate?

I am clean, respectful, and I would prefer to live close to the school if possible.

Hi everyone.. congrats on your acceptance!
I'm looking for one or two roommates to move close to school. I'm a neat, laid back, respectful, clean guy who likes to work hard and have a good time.

pm me if you're also looking for roommates.

looking forward to this school year :roflcopter:

Is anyone looking for a female roommate? Please pm me if you do. I am quiet clean, studious and easy going.
:)

Hey..I am currently a D4 student at NYU. I am trying to find someone who can takeover my roomate's lease because he is movng out. The apartment is at waterside plaza. It is a one bedroom converted into two. The apartment is fully furnished. The wall is already in place and everything. The rent is 3100, which would be split in half.

If anyone is interested, please contact me ASAP if interested because we have to renew the lease, which starts in Aug 1st, 2011.

You can e-mail me at [email protected]

I was at a soccer game this afternoon and i got a missed call from Dr. Mejia. There was no message left and no email sent.

Does this mean i got accepted from the waiting list?

Does Dr.Mejia usually do the calling if i was rejected or is this a good indication that i might have gotten accepted??

plz tell me ur opinion. thanks

I was at a soccer game this afternoon and i got a missed call from Dr. Mejia. There was no message left and no email sent.

Does this mean i got accepted from the waiting list?

Does Dr.Mejia usually do the calling if i was rejected or is this a good indication that i might have gotten accepted??

plz tell me ur opinion. thanks

CALL BACK!, or atleast email back if she doesnt pick up the Phone.

I DID ... like 10 times but i was calling at like 6 which is an hour after the end of the day.

I didnt want to leave a message , i figured id call first thing in the morning

And? did you get in??? was the number she was calling from had 212 area code? Waiting to be taken of the waitlist but time is running out :(

I DID ... like 10 times but i was calling at like 6 which is an hour after the end of the day.

I didnt want to leave a message , i figured id call first thing in the morning

I was wondering if any of the students class of 2015 nyucd could please share your share your stats.

I was wondering if any of the students class of 2015 nyucd could please share your share your stats.

Hi everyone I am a current D2 student at Nyucd.

1 Bedroom available for sublet in a 2 bedroom shared apartment @ Waterside Plaza.
Building amenities: Gym, Doorman, Swimming pool, laundry room, Elevator, Private terrace & Waterfront.
Rent: Only $1140 per month includes rent, gas, high speed internet, water & air-conditioner in room. Electric extra (approx. $15-$20 per month).
Deposit: Negotiable.
Apartment on the 30th floor of the building with Westside private view of the Empire state building from the room. Apartment shared along with two NYU Dental female students.
Available from November 01, 2011 till May 31, 2011 (can also be sublet for term).

Please contact RS @ 917-748-8512 or alternatively email: [email protected]

Hey everyone - I'm a D1 at NYU right now and if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me! I randomly thought about this website (totally posted on it last year then forgot my username once I stopped going on it after acceptance hah) and thought I'd help anyone out if they had questions, especially because a LOT of information about NYU on here by pre-dental students is just plain wrong. Alright that's it :)

Hey everyone - I'm a D1 at NYU right now and if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me! I randomly thought about this website (totally posted on it last year then forgot my username once I stopped going on it after acceptance hah) and thought I'd help anyone out if they had questions, especially because a LOT of information about NYU on here by pre-dental students is just plain wrong. Alright that's it :)

Hi, I just got a letter from NYU in the mail stating that I have been waitlisted. I was interviewed on Jan 9th 2012. Do I have any hopes of geting into the school? My DAT score was TS:21 AA: 20 and PAT: 19. GPA science : 3.35 overall 3.4