***Official NYU Class of 2015 Acceptance Thread***

Quick Question about the $3500 deposit that is due by April 1st :

Should this money be at NYU by April 1st or should it be post marked by April 1st ?

The reason I am asking is that I am waiting for my number 1 school to give me an answer by the end of the month and really do not want to pay another 3500 if I don't have to.

Quick Question about the $3500 deposit that is due by April 1st :

Should this money be at NYU by April 1st or should it be post marked by April 1st ?

The reason I am asking is that I am waiting for my number 1 school to give me an answer by the end of the month and really do not want to pay another 3500 if I don't have to.

call them and ask, but just like the 1st deposit, I think post marked will do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Feb 11th and i am from canada. I received a UPS notice today in the mail that i got a letter/package from NYU dental college. I am not sure what is in the package yet but i will let you guys know when i do know. :xf: Hopefully i get some good news

On a side note, could someone please let me know how much the first deposit is? I need to plan ahead just in case i do get in

Here is another NYUCD 2015 student from Canada ! I had my interview
on Valentine's Day :love: and received the acceptance letter on Mar. 3rd-!

Here is another NYUCD 2015 student from Canada ! I had my interview
on Valentine's Day :love: and received the acceptance letter on Mar. 3rd-!

good work fellow canuck!

Yay got my acceptance letter todayy was interviewed on feb 18th! wahoooooo

Yay got my acceptance letter todayy was interviewed on feb 18th! wahoooooo
YAY! Congrats!! I interviewed the 18th also and was accepted! (Got the package last week!) We had an awesome interview group! I hope everybody from that day gets in!! :)

YAY! Congrats!! I interviewed the 18th also and was accepted! (Got the package last week!) We had an awesome interview group! I hope everybody from that day gets in!! :)

What day did you get the package? Also, did you have to sign for the package?

hey guys, just a Canadian wondering what the expected living costs for NYU would be for the year... anyone have accurate info? or can it vary a lot?

hey guys, just a Canadian wondering what the expected living costs for NYU would be for the year... anyone have accurate info? or can it vary a lot?

1 bedroom by the school ranges from $2500-$3900/month:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! And good luck to you! Let us know how it pans out for you! :xf:

thought i would update those who are still waiting. one of my friends interviewed there today and she said that the class is pretty full but they definitely expect people to drop after the april 1 deadline. they are interviewing up until end of march. (im not sure about after that)

and for those that interviewed today, they were told to expect to hear back 2-3 weeks.

they are away next week on vacation, and the week after the adcom will meet and make a decision.

im not sure where that puts those who are on the waitlist, but maybe they will start finding out once the decisions for the interviewees have been made.

good luck everyone :thumbup:

i have yet to be rejected and yet to be invited for an interview. what are your opinions on me calling in and asking about my application status....asking about interview possibility?

if you think i should call, how should i phrase the questions

Thanks!

mid march is too late but there are occasions? where people have been called in for interview but I would not count on it :(

yea i think me and a friend are going to put up a wall and split a 1 br cuz its sooo expensive

How much is a studio apartment in that region ? Also, How much a walk is NYU from the Subway ? How much is a subway monthly pass there ? How much difference in price can one accept if moving away 20-30 minutes Subway ride from the School ?

Can anyone provide me with that information ?

How much is a studio apartment in that region ? Also, How much a walk is NYU from the Subway ? How much is a subway monthly pass there ? How much difference in price can one accept if moving away 20-30 minutes Subway ride from the School ?

I think studio apartments are about $2200-$2500/month. About 20-25 mins of walk from Subway to school.

^^^ 20 minutes walk !! So how do student get to school then !! Subway and then Bus ?

Don't be silly prsndwg. 20minutes?! Unless you walk like a grandma haha:)

The walk from the subway to NYU dental is approximately 5-10minutes depending on if your walking from the 4/5/6 subway line or the N/R line (which are only a block apart). There is also a bus on the block of the subway that will take you to NYU dental in less than 5 minutes if you catch it.

A studio apartment around the region in some good places to search such as Peter Cooper Village or Stuy Town (Big apartment complex buildings) are about 2,500+ a studio.

A subway monthly pass is 104$. (unlimited rides for 30days).

If you are willing to move 20minutes away in places such as chinatown or downtown brooklyn rent can vary tremendously. A shared 3 bedroom apartment in good condition for example (900sq ft) could run you about 1800+ in china town...maybe a little less if you can find some rundown places. The commute from china town would probably be a 2-3minute walk to subway from home+ 8-15minute train ride during rush hour +5-10minute walk to NYU dental = about 20-25minutes.

You would ideally (when looking for apartments not in NYU's neighborhood) want to look for housing near a 4/5/6 or N/R subway line because those are the trains that go closest to NYU at 23st (4/5/6 is slightly closer to NYU than N/R) *Note that only the 6 and the R travel to 23st, if you take the 4/5/N which are express you must transfer at 14st Union Sq but the transfer is quick because the 6 train always comes* 4/5/N are express lines generally.

If you are willing to venture to downtown brooklyn (nice area nowadays) in a neighborhood such a Boereum Hill near Atlantic Avenue Terminal (which has the 4/5 line (You can transfer to the 6 train at 14st as mentioned) and N/R line and very easy access to Manhattan) you can find studios for about 1,600. However your commute will probably be extended 10more minutes to about a 30minute commute.

Hope this helped. If you need anymore help you can PM me if you like.
-Native New Yorker....have friends who rent in Manhattan and know the area very well.

Last edited:
^^^
Thank you very much for this complete and extensive explanation. I really appreciate all the information you provided me.

Don't be silly prsndwg. 20mintues?! Unless you walk like a grandma haha:)

The walk from the subway to NYU dental is approximately 5-10minutes depending on if your walking from the 4/5/6 subway line or the N/R line (which are only a block apart). There is also a bus on the block of the subway that will take you to NYU dental in less than 5 minutes if you catch it.

A studio apartment around the region in some good places to search such as Peter Cooper Village or Stuy Town (Big apartment complex buildings) are about 2,500+ a studio.

If you are willing to move 20minutes away in places such as chinatown or downtown brooklyn rent can vary tremendously. A shared 3 bedroom apartment in good condition for example (900sq ft) could run you about 1800+ in china town...maybe a little less if you can find some rundown places. The commute from china town would probably be a 2-3minute walk to subway from home+ 8-15minute train ride during rush hour +5-10minute walk to NYU dental = about 20-25minutes.

You would ideally (when looking for apartments not in NYU's neighborhood) want to look for housing near a 4/5/6 or N/R subway line because those are the trains that go closest to NYU at 23st (4/5/6 is slightly closer to NYU than N/R) *Note that only the 6 and the R travel to 23st, if you take the 4/5/N which are express you must transfer at 14st Union Sq but the transfer is quick because the 6 train always comes* 4/5/N are express lines generally.

If you are willing to venture to downtown brooklyn (nice area nowadays) in a neighborhood such a Boereum Hill near Atlantic Avenue Terminal (which has the 4/5 line (You can transfer to the 6 train at 14st as mentioned) and N/R line and very easy access to Manhattan) you can find studios for about 1,600. However your commute will probably be extended 10more minutes to about a 30minute commute.

-Native New Yorker....have friends who rent in Manhattan and know the area very well.

Pretty good breakdown... I'd say the walk from the subway is a lot closer to 10-15 minutes though...

I have a friend who has a studio in a walk up that is about a 10-15 minute walk to school and pays $1650 a month. If you look at smaller buildings, it's possible to find cheap studios (albeit not easy... just possible).

A lot of people live in either Kips Bay, Waterside, Peter Cooper or Stuy Town. In all of those places, if you're willing to share your apt, you can get your own room for $1500 or less. I share a 4br with 3 people, about a 5 minute walk to school, and we each pay less than $1200 a month. I just found my roommates through the facebook group, as did some of my other classmates.

Don't be silly prsndwg. 20mintues?! Unless you walk like a grandma haha:)

Close, haha.. maybe since I did an overnight flight from Cali :rolleyes:
Great breakdown tho:thumbup:

Pretty good breakdown... I'd say the walk from the subway is a lot closer to 10-15 minutes though...

I have a friend who has a studio in a walk up that is about a 10-15 minute walk to school and pays $1650 a month. If you look at smaller buildings, it's possible to find cheap studios (albeit not easy... just possible).

A lot of people live in either Kips Bay, Waterside, Peter Cooper or Stuy Town. In all of those places, if you're willing to share your apt, you can get your own room for $1500 or less. I share a 4br with 3 people, about a 5 minute walk to school, and we each pay less than $1200 a month. I just found my roommates through the facebook group, as did some of my other classmates.

thank you:laugh:

I have not yet heard from them. does anyone know if they have anymore seats? are they still interviewing?

For those of you who got accepted, did you all get packages or letters? I mean, did you get a letter first and then a package or just a package?

I have not yet heard from them. does anyone know if they have anymore seats? are they still interviewing?

Why aren't you calling them ? I know they were interviewing last 2 weeks but not sure if they will do anymore in April

Thanks. So to just make sure, rejections are by regular e-mail and acceptances are by UPS right?

Also, how many days did the package take. I mean what was the postmarked date on your package and what day did you get it?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Thanks. So to just make sure, rejections are by regular e-mail and acceptances are by UPS right?

Also, how many days did the package take. I mean what was the postmarked date on your package and what day did you get it?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

acceptances are UPS for canadians, and for americans it's via regular postal mail.

they are away this week on spring break and so we can't expect anything from them this week.

next week they come back, and so there should be some activity then. hopefully :xf:

thank you for answering my questions :)

I just have one more. I was told that something was mailed out to me last Friday and I still haven't gotten anything. I literally have been waiting for the mailman for the last three days and I think I have his route memorized lol.

Anyway, it was mailed out on Friday....so do packages take longer to deliver than letters? I'm just getting a little nervous now........I don't want to call them again and bother them. Anyone know how long it usually takes?

(For those of you asking for apartments, it's not that hard living in Brooklyn or Queens and traveling by train. It'll just be a 30-45 minute ride in the train depending on where you live and you will end up saving a lot of money. If you have any specific questions about various areas in NYC, please feel free to ask.) :)

thank you for answering my questions :)

I just have one more. I was told that something was mailed out to me last Friday and I still haven't gotten anything. I literally have been waiting for the mailman for the last three days and I think I have his route memorized lol.

Anyway, it was mailed out on Friday....so do packages take longer to deliver than letters? I'm just getting a little nervous now........I don't want to call them again and bother them. Anyone know how long it usually takes?

(For those of you asking for apartments, it's not that hard living in Brooklyn or Queens and traveling by train. It'll just be a 30-45 minute ride in the train depending on where you live and you will end up saving a lot of money. If you have any specific questions about various areas in NYC, please feel free to ask.) :)

If it was mailed out on Friday then it can get here anytime this week (regardless of package or mail it should take the same amount of time). I think you should continue stalking your mailman and post the good news here as soon as you get it! lol :laugh:

If you dont get it by Monday then I would call but I think you should def get it by today through Friday. (Mon/Tues wouldve been a little fast)

good luck and hope you hear some good news soon :thumbup:

If it was mailed out on Friday then it can get here anytime this week (regardless of package or mail it should take the same amount of time). I think you should continue stalking your mailman and post the good news here as soon as you get it! lol :laugh:

If you dont get it by Monday then I would call but I think you should def get it by today through Friday. (Mon/Tues wouldve been a little fast)

good luck and hope you hear some good news soon :thumbup:

Thanks Tooth123. I hope I hear back soon too because I've been wanting to go to NYUCD since my sophmore year of college.

I didn't get anything today....so will wait for the mailman again tomorrow :)

got my NYU email and student number today!

:xf: for everyone waiting to hear back, i can't wait to meet my new classmates :)

Thanks Italianprincess. Congrats to you!!!

No mail again today....even had a short conversation with the mailman about how long it usually takes.....so ended up calling the office again to make sure that they have my correct address. They're really nice about helping.

So I found out that the address they have is correct and I confirmed that it was mailed out last Friday.......so all I can do now is wait.

Hoping for the best :)

Thanks Italianprincess. Congrats to you!!!

No mail again today....even had a short conversation with the mailman about how long it usually takes.....so ended up calling the office again to make sure that they have my correct address. They're really nice about helping.

So I found out that the address they have is correct and I confirmed that it was mailed out last Friday.......so all I can do now is wait.

Hoping for the best :)

be patient.. you will hear good news:luck:

does anyone have any idea of the books that the D1 courses need? I heard that people get by with just the electronic resource they give you?

Quick question to waitlisted people....has anyone been able to successfully connect with Dr. Mejia...I've called left messages on her voicemail, emailed and never have heard any response. I understand if she's busy I just am wondering if others are in the same spot as me.

Just received the packet today. Hello NYU class of 2015!! so excited to meet everyone. Interviewed March 7th:D

Just received the packet today. Hello NYU class of 2015!! so excited to meet everyone. Interviewed March 7th:D

Where do you live?

Do you know when the letter was dated and postmarked?

does anyone have any idea of the books that the D1 courses need? I heard that people get by with just the electronic resource they give you?

Everything is digital so you don't need to buy any books it's all on vita book. If you want to study ahead of time and you want some names I can get that for you. Let me know.

Everything is digital so you don't need to buy any books it's all on vita book. If you want to study ahead of time and you want some names I can get that for you. Let me know.

the NYU login has syllabi for previous years so thank you very much anyways :)

I am just wondering if buying books were necessary at all. If they were, I would just buy them early and study a little bit. Seeing how they are not directly purchased by the student, I think I will just spend the summer relaxing :cool:

Buying books is completely optional...to be honest, you can def get by with just the professor's lectures and taking notes...Vitalbook is nice but in most cases just used when you feel necessary

received my acceptance package today! :) was on the waitlist 12/21