Official Owch Thread

Started by shaq786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shaq786

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll go first:

So I just submitted my pharmcas application and my total is: 375 $

Then I submitted all my supplemental applications
25.00
100.00
30.00
65.00
50.00
50.00

Overall Total Damage: $695

Now I know how patients feel about their copays.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow. I was too scared to add mine up before. But since the thread is going, I added all my expenses and it's $670 😱
 
Well, if you're really in pain over these payments, I guess some perspective is in order. I don't know about you guys, but I believe I'll be in debt around 6 digits by the time I'm done with school. I guess it's not as bad though, since I'll also be making 6 digits. =D
 
Dont forget to add your interview costs... Suit + plane + hotel + ground travel = a whole lot of money. Thank God for Visa!!!

~above~

plane 760 (for me and wife to portland R/T)
Hotel 120 for two nights in Corvallis
Food ~50.00
Rental Car 40.00 for two days
Suit $140.00
Supp Appl 100 OSU, 65 Western, $85 USC, $65 (Ithink) LLU
Transcripts (Four Schools* Pharmcas, USC, Extra (just in case)=$60.00
Pharmcas Fees 3 Schools $215 (LLU isnt PharmCAS)
$1700 and counting
Sweat,blood, and lost fingernail ends=priceless
Getting in at anyone of the schools=Worth every penny.😎
 
plane 760 (for me and wife to portland R/T)
Hotel 120 for two nights in Corvallis
Food ~50.00
Rental Car 40.00 for two days
Suit $140.00
Supp Appl 100 OSU, 65 Western, $85 USC, $65 (Ithink) LLU
Transcripts (Four Schools* Pharmcas, USC, Extra (just in case)=$60.00
Pharmcas Fees 3 Schools $215 (LLU isnt PharmCAS)
$1700 and counting
Sweat,blood, and lost fingernail ends=priceless
Getting in at anyone of the schools=Worth every penny.😎

Someone call Mastercard - cause that would make a good commercial. 😀

If we get in - it would def be worth every penny - who could put a price tag on your future?

~above~
 
Pharmcas fee = $135
Supplemental fee = $45
gas + parking for interview = $7
enrollment and good faith fee = $600
drinking beers and watching porns until school starts = pricele$$
 
lol lol lol lol lol you guys are funny. Talking about me spending only $ 85 dollars in application fee and 30 for transcripts. All I spent so far in application stuff and $600 in interviewing!!!!
 
my spending for pharmacy applications and anything related to that:

PharmCAS fee: $215
Supp.application: $295
Evaluation service for high school transcript: $180 - $200
TOEFL: $150
Transcript request fee: $18.75
USPS postal fee: about $16 (used 2-3 priority mail service)
Formal shoes: $21
Suit: $21
Handbag: $26
Gasoline: about $3

Total cost spent: Approximately $965.75


OMG, that's a lot since my salary is only $350-500/month. >.<
I could buy Playstation 3 and some cosplay costumes (Aerith & Rinoa) with $965.75 =(
Maybe it's not my time to get those stuffs yet. =___=;;;
Patience is a virtue.
<___<
>___>
 
Am I the only one who took the PCAT (>$100) and bought a bunch of PCAT prep books (>$60)?

I already finished a degree before applying. I had to take four prereqs, which I also included in the costs (~$500).

My total will be around $3000. It has been fun though to explore Buffalo, San Diego, and Baltimore (coming up). I turn it into a vacation and spend the weekend whenever I have an interview.
 
Pharmcas: $415
Supplementals: $375
Travel to/from interviews: $600
Transcripts: $90
Total: $1480 😱
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad