Official: Penn State Brandywine post-bac 2009

Started by Lokhtar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi...have been looking into this program as well and it seems very promising...FYI there is another info session on Jan 13th for anyone interested. For those of you in the program,

- does the program offer a committee letter from penn state(ie a letter on behalf of the school sent to med schools)
- how do you find the professor interaction being that the program is distance?
- is there any volunteer or research opp with the med school/hospital?
- any idea what the med school acceptance rate is?

Thanks a ton!
 
Well, the program ends tomorrow! Anyone starting next week for the next year?
 
Officially done all the pre-reqs for med school. Feels so great!

MCAT - here I come!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I'm starting the program this week. Bio 110 and Chem 110 are already getting a bit stressful. Congratulations on finishing and all the best as you get ready for the MCAT. When are you planning on taking it?
 
Hello all,

I've been really interested in Penn State-Brandywine PreMed program for some time. Currently, I'm finishing a Masters of Art in Teaching and will start teaching full-time in September 2011. Is there anyone who has done this program on the 2 year plan? I don't think I will be able to teach full-time and complete the program in 1 year.
 
Last edited:
Just wanted to update that I just got my first acceptance and there is no way my application cycle would have been successful without the education as well as the great faculty and administrative support I received from this program. I'd be happy to answer questions.

Is anyone going to the November 18th open house?
 
Congratulations Lokhtar on your acceptance. Do you mind if I asked which med school you're going to be attending? And also, it seems like Penn State Brandywine doesn't have any linkage compared to UPenn. Do you think that not having a linkage is an advantage or disadvantage? Thank you.
 
Well, it depends. Remember it's one year long, so you get done a year early so you can apply in the 'second year'. Furthermore, a linkage is great but I would look up A) what are the requirements to be eligible, and B) how many people actually link. If you have 100 people and the linkage is 3 people...well, you're not really going to benefit all that much.

If you're in the area, go to the information session this month. You can get all your questions answered then.
 
Lokhtar- Do you think that being in this program versus a traditional program was a negative factor in terms of applying / getting into medical school? I am nervous about how a school may view this program compared to someone that comes straight from undergrad with all of the pre-reqs completed...
 
Hi guys, I know I'm necroing an old thread, but it seems useful.

I just got accepted into Brandywine's 1 year post-bacc! I work full-time and plan to study my bum off after work and on the weekends. For those who completed the program in the year span did you feel overworked? Was the workload managable (did you want to off yourself by the last quarter)?

The class of 2012 cohort of ~25 students starts in January. 🙂 Any words of wisdom you can impart will be awesome!