*Official Personal Statement Guide and Reader List 2011*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll read.

"qualifications:" (ha)
- MS in philosophy
- MS-2 @ UCLA

Members don't see this ad.

hey, i'm looking for a reader for my PS. i tried to make it interesting, so it should be a fun and quick read! let me know if you're available and i'll email it to you. thanks everyone, for offering to take some time and help us out!

I'll Read! I have some down time so please add me to the list JJ :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am down for it --- we both will benefit from this :)

Does anyone have time to ready my personal statement? I'd really appreciate it!

Can I also have some people to look at my PS? I've gone through revision several times, and I continue to look to more people for more advice and input. If you are available, please let me know!! Thanks.

Can someone read my personal statement for content? Thanks!

I have a TON of down time at work and can return the favor by reading a few as well.

Hey all,

I was wondering if someone could read my personal statement. It's the only part of my app that's missing, so any help would be greatly appreciated!! Please PM me if you can.

Thank you SO much!

Hi everyone, I am still working on my PS, I am trying to add in some bits and pieces, and I am not a great writer, very dry and technical, not enjoyable. I am wondering if someone would be able to give me a few pointers as to where in my current document I should add my new ideas... Not looking for you to write it, just some suggestions... Any help is of course appreciated... Thank you!

Hey guys, I have a pretty much final draft of my personal statement. Can anyone read it and let me know what they think? ANY feedback/suggestions/comments are very welcome, be harsh! I'm completely open to rewriting parts of it or even everything, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Like others, I'm wondering if anyone can read my personal statement.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, so I'm actually in what I think is the final form of my personal statement. I've had a very um... diverse array of qualified people help me through the process, so I think I have a good idea of what to look for in a personal statement.

I can read some personal statements if anyone needs another opinion. Send them on over.

The catch is.. I may ask you to read mine over for me too, I'm torn as to whether or not it's finally ready :D

Last edited:
Anyone want their PS to be read, PM me. I am available and just wanna kill some time :)

Can anyone read my PS? Sorry this is urgent. I need to submit my app this sunday.

thanks

Anyone want their PS to be read, PM me. I am available and just wanna kill some time :)

I am NOT taking anymore PS. I am already flushed with 25 PS, some of which are pending.
So, I will update you guys regarding my availability.

Pisiform

Hey, anyone up to read an initial draft (without conclusion so far) of my personal statement? It's not too long yet :p

Hi! Longtime lurker wondering if anyone may be able to read my PS...? It would be greatly appreciated and I'll be truly grateful!

Thanks a bunch!

new to this forum, but I have read a few PS for my friends. Would like to be a reader, can get back to you within a day. PM me if needed!

Hey, I've got a PS I'd like somebody to take a look at. Thing is I need a pretty quick turn around (like hopefully by the end of the weekend). Anybody think they could take a look?

Also, if there's anybody else out there who's a procrastinator like me, and they've got a PS they want someone to take a look at, I'd be more than happy to trade with you.

Thanks,

funk

Hello :)

So I finished my first draft of my PS and I need help with grammar and spell checking (english was my third language :/ ) and also a check for content. My PS came out a little long...

I would be super grateful for anyone that would take a look at it! PM with an email I will send it right away.

thank you thank you thank you
:oops:

I am looking for someone interested in reading a non-trad PS. Is there anyone out there available or willing to?

Thanks

Hello All-

Would anyone mind reading over/editing my personal statement? :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello All-

Would anyone mind reading over/editing my personal statement? :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'll do it. I'm not officially on the list, but I may be able to help you anyway. PM me if you want.

I have one that I'd prefer read by somebody who has a good understanding of what admissions panels do/don't want to see. I have a big gruesome story of me saving my father's life using unorthodox improvised first-aid that I'm using to justify myself when I say I think my personality is suited for medicine, and I'm not sure how it will go over.

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone have time to read over my personal statement. I am really lost with this thing. Thanks!

Wondering if anyone was willing to give completely honesty input regarding a personal statement.

I went to the official PS readers topic, but no one there seems to be reading these days (I sent a message to at least 20 people with no responses)

Wondering if anyone was willing to give completely honesty input regarding a personal statement.

I went to the official PS readers topic, but no one there seems to be reading these days (I sent a message to at least 20 people with no responses)

Go through a few pages back. There's a thread just for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by userman

Go through a few pages back. There's a thread just for this.

I meant that I sent messages to people on this topic but no one seems to be reading anymore~~
=(

Anyone want to give mine a gander?

I am definitely willing to read anyone's PS. just message it to me on SDN!

Looking for a 2-3 readers for my PS. It's fairly polished. I'd appreciate comments on clarity, flow, and intent. Much appreciated. Thank you.

If anyone is available to read my PS, please PM me.
Thank you.

I'm looking for a few reader of my Personal Statement. I'm submitting my application as soon as someone looks over my PS.

Any help is appreciated. I can help others too but only with grammar and syntax. I don't know how to edit for content.

I'll PM you my PS if you're interested in reading. PM me if you want a grammar reader

Hi,
I have just written the first draft of my PS. I need honest advice on my content please. anyone interested, pm me!

I just wrote my personal statement and I am thrilled to have people read it. If anyone would be willing to read and offer some feedback, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks! please pm

Would anyone be willing to read my personal statement? Send me a message please. I need feedback.

Heyy!!! I just finished writing my personal statement and wondering if anyone is willing to look at it...it would be VERY helpful

Is it possible to reupdate the ppl available to review personal comments essay from the first page of this thread?

I think some of them have not logged onto SDN for a while.

I'd be willing to look over anyone's PS if they'd like. Just pm it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.