*~*~*~*Official Personal Statement Guide and Reader List 2012-2013*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody still reading statements? I should probably get this application turned in...:D

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! Is anyone still available to read my pharmacy school personal statement?? I would love any kind of feedback, especially on the content. Please PM me or let me know and I can email you privately. Thank you in advance!

if anyone can take a look at mine, that would be much appreciated! Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still reading? I pmed some but have not gotten a response yet. I know you can talk about poor performance in your PS but how poor does it have to be to discuss?

My science gpa is poor, 2.97 I have one W, I got one D+ in ochem but retook the class and got an A-. I received all Cs in gen chem. My upper level biochem and genetics were both Cs. Ochem (As and Bs) bio (Bs) and Physics As. Is that significant enough to address it? How do you do that without providing an excuse?

Currently my personal statement is too long but there is nothing I want to cut out.

Any readers out there?

PM me if you're willing to read and do a little editing.

I'm also looking for someone to read and critique mine. PM me I you're available. Thanks!

If anyone is still willing to read my PS and give some feedback on impressions/content I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Please PM if you are willing to read my PS. Any help is appreciated!

I am incredibly late on this, but about to turn in my primary soon... If you are willing to read my PS, please PM me thank you!!

Let me know if anyone can edit my PS, please and thank you! PM me if you can

I also would like someone to look at my PS. Please PM me. Thank you!:)

if anyone is still reviewing personal statements, please PM me. Thank You!!

Hello! Is anyone still available to read my pharmacy school personal statement?? I would love any kind of feedback, especially on the content. Please PM me or let me know and I can email you privately. Thank you in advance!

I'm a PharmD student right now, so go ahead and PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone available to edit my personal statement? I know this is extra late but please let me know. PM Me please :)

Last edited:
I need someone to edit my personal statement. Message me.

Also late! But if anyone has time to read PS, please message me!!

Thanks! :)

If anyone is willing to read a rough rough draft of my ps PM me please!

I know there's a bunch of these posts already, but if somebody would like to read my rough draft (med school personal statement), it would be greatly appreciated.

if anyone can please read my PS because i am in the crunch time for college and i am very hesitant of mine so shoot me a PM if anyone can please

if any one is still reviewing personal statements please PM me, thanks!

Anybody willing to read a PS for a non trad?

Sure I've got some time to kill. I was also a non-trad applicant. PM your statement if you still need some help...

I'm hoping you are only getting a head start for some future application cycle? Surely you know it is a bad idea to still be working on a PS for entry next fall...

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!

1) Click "quote" on the most recent post.
2) Add your SDN screen name, your credentials, and specific things you are willing to edit for (content only, grammar only, etc). DO NOT post your email address.
3) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom.
4) If you are unable to read any more personal statements, please come back and remove your name from the list.

----------

ppfizenm: successful applicant at more than one school, former science teacher, current science adviser for a law firm handling intellectual property, content and grammar, NOTE: I WILL NOT READ/EDIT PERSONAL STATEMENTS ON WEEKENDS. If it is an emergency please contact one of the other readers.

check1212: matriculating fall 2012 into a "top 20" MSTP; not sure how to sell myself...i've edited lots of admissions essays for friends? took a few english/humanities electives and have always received positive feedback on my writing; content and grammar. also willing to read research statements if you're an MD/PhD applicant. (<< whaa?) not taking any more at the moment - will update when available again!

mduck: matriculating fall 2012, 8 interviews/5 acceptances. non-traditional student, 2 Master's degrees, former high school teacher. will edit for grammar and content. on hiatus until May 22nd.

phnerd1105: Matriculating Fall 2012 MD.Spent a great deal of time writing my PS, and was complimented on it by those who read it and at interviews. Currently in a Master's program that places a heavy emphasis on writing, and was also was an editor of a journal. Received a S and Q on the writing sections of the MCAT. Feel free to send me your PS, and I'll PM you back giving you an estimate of the time it will take to get back to you. Will edit for grammar, structure, content, and overall flow. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT. Instead, ask me if I am available to read it and I will let you know of my schedule. On hiatus for a few weeks due to finals. Backed up with personal statements as well as school work. Will update when I can read again (second week of May, most likely)

beekachu: Matriculating Fall 2012 MD. I have taken a few English (writing/literature courses) and a number of writing intensive humanities. I've also edited personal statements before for friends and through SDN. I can edit for content and grammar (let me know what your concerns are). I will not be able to take any more personal statements for the next couple weeks.

MegMurry: Matriculating Fall 2012 MD - non-trad with finance background and S/T on MCAT WS, especially willing to read other non-trads' PS. I've been an editor in the past for science journals. Willing to edit for both content and grammar and will give you an estimate of when I can turn things around. I'm currently NOT taking new essays. If you have sent me a PS already, I will get around to yours, but am dealing with some backlog.

darmalee: Matriculating Fall 2012 - non-trad also. I've done quite a bit of PS editing both this year and last. Willing to edit for content, grammar or both. I've done a lot of writing in many different capacities since I was young and I can usually edit and return your PS within a day or two, as long as I'm not completely inundated with requests. I have a pile to read. I'm taking a week or so off to get caught up. I'll be back when I have an empty inbox once again.

iwtgtms38:Matriculating fall 2012- traditional student. Had trouble writing my personal statement first couple of times after which, I decided to write it from my heart and since then I have been complemented on it at alot of interviews. Willing to edit both content and grammar.

robertch8: Matriculating Fall 2012 MD-- finishing up Master's program, did health related service before that for 2 years. I am a reapplicant so I know what seemed to work for me this year versus the previous year; I went from 1 waitlist to multiple acceptances. Received a R on the MCAT Writing Section. I have experience with MD and DO applications, and I applied to a high number of schools. I can read for grammar and content. Also feel free to ask any general questions about the process, schools you're looking at applying to, and if you need any help with writing a secondary. My strength in my application was my commitment to community service in the healthcare field for anyone looking for a reader with similar interests. Unfortunately I can't take any new requests at this point for the next couple of weeks maybe longer. I need to spend the next couple of weeks working on my Master's paper and presentation.

Optoed: Incoming M1. Science and Social science background. Non-traditional applicant. Founded a pre-med club in undergrad and current member of Toastmasters (like personal statement, speech writing emphasize on organization, descriptiveness and persuadability). Received R on MCAT Writing Section. For my own personal statement, I read many books on how to write effective personal statements, rhetorics and effective writing. I've also edited a number of applications for my friends. Grammar isn't my forte, but I can comment on content and streamline the style of your essay. Can read for MD or DO.

bluebird478: Writing tutor at college, English major, received Writing score of 6 out of 6 on the GRE and R on MCAT writing, and have helped edit many of my peers' writing statements. Happy to edit your personal statement and help in any way I can! Email me at [email protected]

Avoidthetiger | Just finished M1 year (wo0t), non-trad (grad school 2-years in biology), biology and history major in undergrad, S on the MCAT writing section. Received 13 interview invites with average stats (32, 3.6/3.5) | Can edit for content, tone, flow -- and minor grammar and spelling mistakes. I let you know if your paper is overall excellent, needs work, or would toss it. I got a lot of good feedback when I was applying, so I want to give back.

house vs god Matriculating this fall. Non-trad with a masters degree and lost of clinical experience. Happy to help for content. Please PM me your PS. On vacation! Available again in mid-July.

LilMick-- I am a freelance writer and editor, Phi Beta Kappa, have several publications in creative writing and journalism, received a top score on the MCAT and GRE writing sections, was accepted to several MD/PhD programs, and read many PS last year. Because of being swamped with requests last year, this year, I am only reading essays for MD/PhD applicants or applicants addressing legal issues and/or addiction recovery. Please send it in a PM with the title of MD/PhD or Legal Issues... I will delete any other requests.

Pebbles808: Matriculating Fall 2012 (11 interviews/7 acceptances). Double majored in English & Biology, Master’s in Public Health. Scored a 38T on the MCAT. Willing to read/edit for content, grammar, etc. I’m pretty specific, so I assure you that you will get excellent feedback.

MedPR: Worked in graduate writing help center as an undergrad. Will edit for grammar mostly.

PlatypusMD: Matriculating Fall 2012 with a full merit scholarship. Dual undergraduate degrees in business and cell biology with a focus on business communications. Have done extensive writing as an undergraduate on both scientific and interpersonal fronts. Will read for spelling, grammar, flow, and content. As a forewarning, I do tend to rip things apart when reviewing. That's a good thing, right? :laugh: Please do NOT just PM me your statement. PM me with a request, and I'll get back to you with my email address. For clarity, I make my comments/edits directly on Microsoft Word.

quarrelsometofu Matriculating Fall 2012. Edited around 10 personal statements last year through SDN (different username). Willing to edit for content, grammar, and flow. I did a significant amount of reworking on my own PS, and ended up getting interview invites at all 16 schools I applied to. Not accepting any more right now. I will finish the ones I've received and update when I'm available.

TheMightySmiter: Matriculating fall 2012, two acceptances and ten interview invites. Majored in social science/philosophy in undergrad with tons of essay and paper experience. I have a pretty good eye for writing style and will edit for content, flow, spelling, grammar, and overall impression. I will need about a week to get caught up with all the essays I have in my inbox. I will update this thread when I am ready to start accepting more requests.

Oxygen206 Lots of writing and editing experience during college. I am matriculating this fall (2012). Spent a long time writing and editing my PS, have been told by a few well known PS editors it was one of the best they've ever read. I think I have a pretty good idea what a PS should/should not include (feel free to glance over mine in my MDapps). Will read for content and overall impression. PM me with some information about yourself, and I will respond with my email address if I feel I am an appropriate editor for your situation. Cheers!
Apologies to everyone who has sent me requests, I have received an overwhelming amount and unfortunately I can't respond to everyone. I will post when I get caught up. Best of luck :luck:

SEE13 I am matriculating this fall, and I had 12 interview invites and 7 acceptances during the 2011-2012 cycle. I was the working editor for my college's undergraduate science journal, I completed an incredibly long written thesis for my college's honors program, and I took several writing-intensive courses in college. I also spent a long time revising and editing my own PS last year. I am willing to edit for grammar and flow in detail, and I will also give comments on content and overall impression. I am not accepting any new personal statements at this time! I will post again when I can accept more.

Total180: Just finished my first year at LMU-DCOM. I applied through both AMCAS and AACOMAS so I am willing to read for both DO and MD applications (mine was only slightly different between the two). Before I decided on medicine I attended a school where we didn't take tests...we just wrote papers, so I have a lot of experience in all different forms of writing. I will do my best to catch any grammar errors as well as look it over for content/flow. If it makes a difference my PS was centered around my desire to work in underserved hispanic communities, as I have had a lot of experience working in those areas. Just send me a PM and I will see what I can do! Since posting this, I have gotten a ton of requests and I am getting backed up. I will get back to the people who have messaged me already, and would be happy to do those, but until I catch up I can't take any more.

Chir0nex: Matriculating Fall 2012. Graduated with BS in Clinical Psych, I have taken a lit and writing courses and was editor for a school paper. Will give feedback on content and general structure of essay. Due to a personal emergency I have been away from my computer for the past week. As a result I am flooded with requests and will be working through the back log. Please don't send me any new requests, if you already have asked me to read I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Linebacker57: Matriculating in Fall 2012 to a top 20 MD program. Despite having a low GPA and high MCAT, I received 7 MD interviews, multiple acceptances. NCAA athlete. Willing to read PS and give feedback relating to more unique EC's (varsity athletics, SAAC, ect) and how to parlay those into qualities med schools are looking for. I also would be helpful to anyone coming from a low GPA standpoint, and how to spin it. Received an 'S' on the MCAT writing. Have a background in writing rhetoric. Feel free to PM me you personal statement.I will not be accepting any more personal statements for review because I am preparing to start school. If your PS is in my inbox, I may get around to reading it, but I cannot give you any assurances

impact2d: I was a journalism major with english minor in undergrad. I enjoy peer editing to keep my skills sharp. I have a couple more weeks of MCAT studying and won't be able to take more than a couple of essays a week until after that. I can edit for grammar, style, creative ideas. I can't take anymore until after my MCAT July 06, for those who sent it already I am working through them in the order I received them during my limited free time.

Biomaj: Current pre-med student, review and reconstruct presonal statements for students at my college. I'm in honors. I work as a medical assisting in a prestige hospital clinic that also has a medical school. Can read whenever just PM me.

DocHawk117: Just finished M1 year, previously a high school teacher, UG major in Interdisciplinary Studies with multiple creative writing and English courses, published writer, S on MCAT writing, tutor. I enjoy reading these and I am willing to help with content and idea development. PM me your PS and I will try to get back to you with feedback asap. Wowzer! Pretty swamped. Hold off on sending them my way until I delete this beautiful red sentence.

Jemeni: Incoming M1. Pretty proud of my previous PS. Was told it was "exceptional", "incredible" and that I'm an "outstanding writer" by several readers on here, my career center, as well as several of my medical school interviewers. Feel like I have a good grasp on what's needed, as well as the solid writing skills, to provide some meaningful critique. Will do content and grammar. Gimme a week, but I'll try to get back to you asap. Ok, these came in faster than I expected haha. No more for the moment, let me get to what's on my plate first.

eam208: Incoming M1. Nine interviews, three acceptances (all on my mdapps profile). Took me about a 1.5 months to complete my personal statement with a lot of opinions from friends and family. Graduated this May with a B.S. in Molecular Biology but I did receive A's in all my English classes. PM me with PS and we'll go from there. I am taking no more personal statement essays due to the flood already in my inbox. If you don't get a response, just be patient. I will eventually get to you.

happyinnyc | Incoming MS1. Worked as proofreader for a professional writing service for 2 yrs, humanities major in college, current academic researcher. Low MCAT/GPA, but very strong ECs and personal statement, which I was told was what set me apart from the other applicants. SORRY, NOT ACCEPTING NEW REQUESTS AT THIS TIME. For those who already sent me their requests, I will work through them in the order received.

eleventwelve: Incoming M1. English/neurobio double-major. 15 VR/ T WS on MCAT. Willing to edit for content and grammar . Spent ~2.5 months on my PS and was complimented on it at almost every interview. Was a newspaper editor in HS and college. Took 1 year off after college to work for a nonprofit.

muhali3: Applying this cycle. Biology major. Scored 36 on MCAT. Have one publication and 2 years of teaching experience at my school. Will edit for content and grammar.

Manbearpig11: Incoming M1. English/biochem major. Published in "Stem Cells" 2 articles. I was the go to for editing at Tulane university. Okkk Ive got a fat stack of statements to work on no more for now.

regularbobj: Just finished up own PS. Willing to help others with their PS on content and/or grammar.

hellocubed: Just finished my application. Biology Major. I can help with content and general grammer.

tat2748: Just finished my own PS ... I'm down to help. I've gotten tons of advice on SDN so it makes sense to give back. I'll edit for content, overall flow, and choice of stories/examples, etc.

I'm applying this coming cycle, I can read yours if you read mine?

Hi folks, Is anyone available to read and edit my PS? I am concerned with flow, content. Please let me know, Thank you very much :)

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!

1) Click "quote" on the most recent post.
2) Add your SDN screen name, your credentials, and specific things you are willing to edit for (content only, grammar only, etc). DO NOT post your email address.
3) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom.
4) If you are unable to read any more personal statements, please come back and remove your name from the list.

----------

ppfizenm: successful applicant at more than one school, former science teacher, current science adviser for a law firm handling intellectual property, content and grammar, NOTE: I WILL NOT READ/EDIT PERSONAL STATEMENTS ON WEEKENDS. If it is an emergency please contact one of the other readers.

check1212: matriculating fall 2012 into a "top 20" MSTP; not sure how to sell myself...i've edited lots of admissions essays for friends? took a few english/humanities electives and have always received positive feedback on my writing; content and grammar. also willing to read research statements if you're an MD/PhD applicant. (<< whaa?) not taking any more at the moment - will update when available again!

mduck: matriculating fall 2012, 8 interviews/5 acceptances. non-traditional student, 2 Master's degrees, former high school teacher. will edit for grammar and content. on hiatus until May 22nd.

phnerd1105: Matriculating Fall 2012 MD.Spent a great deal of time writing my PS, and was complimented on it by those who read it and at interviews. Currently in a Master's program that places a heavy emphasis on writing, and was also was an editor of a journal. Received a S and Q on the writing sections of the MCAT. Feel free to send me your PS, and I'll PM you back giving you an estimate of the time it will take to get back to you. Will edit for grammar, structure, content, and overall flow. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT. Instead, ask me if I am available to read it and I will let you know of my schedule. On hiatus for a few weeks due to finals. Backed up with personal statements as well as school work. Will update when I can read again (second week of May, most likely)

beekachu: Matriculating Fall 2012 MD. I have taken a few English (writing/literature courses) and a number of writing intensive humanities. I've also edited personal statements before for friends and through SDN. I can edit for content and grammar (let me know what your concerns are). I will not be able to take any more personal statements for the next couple weeks.

MegMurry: Matriculating Fall 2012 MD - non-trad with finance background and S/T on MCAT WS, especially willing to read other non-trads' PS. I've been an editor in the past for science journals. Willing to edit for both content and grammar and will give you an estimate of when I can turn things around. I'm currently NOT taking new essays. If you have sent me a PS already, I will get around to yours, but am dealing with some backlog.

darmalee: Matriculating Fall 2012 - non-trad also. I've done quite a bit of PS editing both this year and last. Willing to edit for content, grammar or both. I've done a lot of writing in many different capacities since I was young and I can usually edit and return your PS within a day or two, as long as I'm not completely inundated with requests. I have a pile to read. I'm taking a week or so off to get caught up. I'll be back when I have an empty inbox once again.

iwtgtms38:Matriculating fall 2012- traditional student. Had trouble writing my personal statement first couple of times after which, I decided to write it from my heart and since then I have been complemented on it at alot of interviews. Willing to edit both content and grammar.

robertch8: Matriculating Fall 2012 MD-- finishing up Master's program, did health related service before that for 2 years. I am a reapplicant so I know what seemed to work for me this year versus the previous year; I went from 1 waitlist to multiple acceptances. Received a R on the MCAT Writing Section. I have experience with MD and DO applications, and I applied to a high number of schools. I can read for grammar and content. Also feel free to ask any general questions about the process, schools you're looking at applying to, and if you need any help with writing a secondary. My strength in my application was my commitment to community service in the healthcare field for anyone looking for a reader with similar interests. Unfortunately I can't take any new requests at this point for the next couple of weeks maybe longer. I need to spend the next couple of weeks working on my Master's paper and presentation.

Optoed: Incoming M1. Science and Social science background. Non-traditional applicant. Founded a pre-med club in undergrad and current member of Toastmasters (like personal statement, speech writing emphasize on organization, descriptiveness and persuadability). Received R on MCAT Writing Section. For my own personal statement, I read many books on how to write effective personal statements, rhetorics and effective writing. I've also edited a number of applications for my friends. Grammar isn't my forte, but I can comment on content and streamline the style of your essay. Can read for MD or DO.

bluebird478: Writing tutor at college, English major, received Writing score of 6 out of 6 on the GRE and R on MCAT writing, and have helped edit many of my peers' writing statements. Happy to edit your personal statement and help in any way I can! Email me at [email protected]

Avoidthetiger | Just finished M1 year (wo0t), non-trad (grad school 2-years in biology), biology and history major in undergrad, S on the MCAT writing section. Received 13 interview invites with average stats (32, 3.6/3.5) | Can edit for content, tone, flow -- and minor grammar and spelling mistakes. I let you know if your paper is overall excellent, needs work, or would toss it. I got a lot of good feedback when I was applying, so I want to give back.

house vs god Matriculating this fall. Non-trad with a masters degree and lost of clinical experience. Happy to help for content. Please PM me your PS. On vacation! Available again in mid-July.

LilMick-- I am a freelance writer and editor, Phi Beta Kappa, have several publications in creative writing and journalism, received a top score on the MCAT and GRE writing sections, was accepted to several MD/PhD programs, and read many PS last year. Because of being swamped with requests last year, this year, I am only reading essays for MD/PhD applicants or applicants addressing legal issues and/or addiction recovery. Please send it in a PM with the title of MD/PhD or Legal Issues... I will delete any other requests.

Pebbles808: Matriculating Fall 2012 (11 interviews/7 acceptances). Double majored in English & Biology, Master’s in Public Health. Scored a 38T on the MCAT. Willing to read/edit for content, grammar, etc. I’m pretty specific, so I assure you that you will get excellent feedback.

MedPR: Worked in graduate writing help center as an undergrad. Will edit for grammar mostly.

PlatypusMD: Matriculating Fall 2012 with a full merit scholarship. Dual undergraduate degrees in business and cell biology with a focus on business communications. Have done extensive writing as an undergraduate on both scientific and interpersonal fronts. Will read for spelling, grammar, flow, and content. As a forewarning, I do tend to rip things apart when reviewing. That's a good thing, right? :laugh: Please do NOT just PM me your statement. PM me with a request, and I'll get back to you with my email address. For clarity, I make my comments/edits directly on Microsoft Word.

quarrelsometofu Matriculating Fall 2012. Edited around 10 personal statements last year through SDN (different username). Willing to edit for content, grammar, and flow. I did a significant amount of reworking on my own PS, and ended up getting interview invites at all 16 schools I applied to. Not accepting any more right now. I will finish the ones I've received and update when I'm available.

TheMightySmiter: Matriculating fall 2012, two acceptances and ten interview invites. Majored in social science/philosophy in undergrad with tons of essay and paper experience. I have a pretty good eye for writing style and will edit for content, flow, spelling, grammar, and overall impression. I will need about a week to get caught up with all the essays I have in my inbox. I will update this thread when I am ready to start accepting more requests.

Oxygen206 Lots of writing and editing experience during college. I am matriculating this fall (2012). Spent a long time writing and editing my PS, have been told by a few well known PS editors it was one of the best they've ever read. I think I have a pretty good idea what a PS should/should not include (feel free to glance over mine in my MDapps). Will read for content and overall impression. PM me with some information about yourself, and I will respond with my email address if I feel I am an appropriate editor for your situation. Cheers!
Apologies to everyone who has sent me requests, I have received an overwhelming amount and unfortunately I can't respond to everyone. I will post when I get caught up. Best of luck :luck:

SEE13 I am matriculating this fall, and I had 12 interview invites and 7 acceptances during the 2011-2012 cycle. I was the working editor for my college's undergraduate science journal, I completed an incredibly long written thesis for my college's honors program, and I took several writing-intensive courses in college. I also spent a long time revising and editing my own PS last year. I am willing to edit for grammar and flow in detail, and I will also give comments on content and overall impression. I am not accepting any new personal statements at this time! I will post again when I can accept more.

Total180: Just finished my first year at LMU-DCOM. I applied through both AMCAS and AACOMAS so I am willing to read for both DO and MD applications (mine was only slightly different between the two). Before I decided on medicine I attended a school where we didn't take tests...we just wrote papers, so I have a lot of experience in all different forms of writing. I will do my best to catch any grammar errors as well as look it over for content/flow. If it makes a difference my PS was centered around my desire to work in underserved hispanic communities, as I have had a lot of experience working in those areas. Just send me a PM and I will see what I can do! Since posting this, I have gotten a ton of requests and I am getting backed up. I will get back to the people who have messaged me already, and would be happy to do those, but until I catch up I can't take any more.

Chir0nex: Matriculating Fall 2012. Graduated with BS in Clinical Psych, I have taken a lit and writing courses and was editor for a school paper. Will give feedback on content and general structure of essay. Due to a personal emergency I have been away from my computer for the past week. As a result I am flooded with requests and will be working through the back log. Please don't send me any new requests, if you already have asked me to read I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Linebacker57: Matriculating in Fall 2012 to a top 20 MD program. Despite having a low GPA and high MCAT, I received 7 MD interviews, multiple acceptances. NCAA athlete. Willing to read PS and give feedback relating to more unique EC's (varsity athletics, SAAC, ect) and how to parlay those into qualities med schools are looking for. I also would be helpful to anyone coming from a low GPA standpoint, and how to spin it. Received an 'S' on the MCAT writing. Have a background in writing rhetoric. Feel free to PM me you personal statement.I will not be accepting any more personal statements for review because I am preparing to start school. If your PS is in my inbox, I may get around to reading it, but I cannot give you any assurances

impact2d: I was a journalism major with english minor in undergrad. I enjoy peer editing to keep my skills sharp. I have a couple more weeks of MCAT studying and won't be able to take more than a couple of essays a week until after that. I can edit for grammar, style, creative ideas. I can't take anymore until after my MCAT July 06, for those who sent it already I am working through them in the order I received them during my limited free time.

Biomaj: Current pre-med student, review and reconstruct presonal statements for students at my college. I'm in honors. I work as a medical assisting in a prestige hospital clinic that also has a medical school. Can read whenever just PM me.

DocHawk117: Just finished M1 year, previously a high school teacher, UG major in Interdisciplinary Studies with multiple creative writing and English courses, published writer, S on MCAT writing, tutor. I enjoy reading these and I am willing to help with content and idea development. PM me your PS and I will try to get back to you with feedback asap. Wowzer! Pretty swamped. Hold off on sending them my way until I delete this beautiful red sentence.

Jemeni: Incoming M1. Pretty proud of my previous PS. Was told it was "exceptional", "incredible" and that I'm an "outstanding writer" by several readers on here, my career center, as well as several of my medical school interviewers. Feel like I have a good grasp on what's needed, as well as the solid writing skills, to provide some meaningful critique. Will do content and grammar. Gimme a week, but I'll try to get back to you asap. Ok, these came in faster than I expected haha. No more for the moment, let me get to what's on my plate first.

eam208: Incoming M1. Nine interviews, three acceptances (all on my mdapps profile). Took me about a 1.5 months to complete my personal statement with a lot of opinions from friends and family. Graduated this May with a B.S. in Molecular Biology but I did receive A's in all my English classes. PM me with PS and we'll go from there. I am taking no more personal statement essays due to the flood already in my inbox. If you don't get a response, just be patient. I will eventually get to you.

happyinnyc | Incoming MS1. Worked as proofreader for a professional writing service for 2 yrs, humanities major in college, current academic researcher. Low MCAT/GPA, but very strong ECs and personal statement, which I was told was what set me apart from the other applicants. SORRY, NOT ACCEPTING NEW REQUESTS AT THIS TIME. For those who already sent me their requests, I will work through them in the order received.

eleventwelve: Incoming M1. English/neurobio double-major. 15 VR/ T WS on MCAT. Willing to edit for content and grammar . Spent ~2.5 months on my PS and was complimented on it at almost every interview. Was a newspaper editor in HS and college. Took 1 year off after college to work for a nonprofit.

muhali3: Applying this cycle. Biology major. Scored 36 on MCAT. Have one publication and 2 years of teaching experience at my school. Will edit for content and grammar.

Manbearpig11: Incoming M1. English/biochem major. Published in "Stem Cells" 2 articles. I was the go to for editing at Tulane university. Okkk Ive got a fat stack of statements to work on no more for now.

regularbobj: Just finished up own PS. Willing to help others with their PS on content and/or grammar.

hellocubed: Just finished my application. Biology Major. I can help with content and general grammer.

tat2748: Just finished my own PS ... I'm down to help. I've gotten tons of advice on SDN so it makes sense to give back. I'll edit for content, overall flow, and choice of stories/examples, etc.

OwlPower22: Giving back to the SDN community, because this thread has helped me a lot when i was applying. Quals: Former science article writer, helped residents and pre-meds with essays. Entering med school this year. Brutally honest and quick with feedback. Apologies if I don't get a chance to review your PS if I'm flooded with requests.

Anyone around to read my personal statement? This week would be great. Thank you.

Does anybody know if there is a thread for 2014 starting year?

Status
Not open for further replies.