Forum Members *~*~*~*~*~*Official Personal Statement Guide and Reader List 2022-2023*~*~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moko

(super fluffy)
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's that time of year again! This thread is for applicants who are writing, revising, and polishing their personal statement for the 2022-2023 application cycle! Like in prior years, this thread will be self-regulated. When volunteering as a reader (or contacting a reader for assistance), please refer only to the most recent post for a list of our current available volunteers!

Other helpful resources: Official Personal Statement Guide thread, Alejandro's Personal Statement Advice, and Depakote's Personal Statement Guide/Tips.

If you are looking for feedback on your personal statement, it is better to directly message individual users here whose strengths are better suited to your needs rather than posting a response in this thread.
  • Once you contact a reader and they agree to read your personal statement, please make sure that your file has your SDN username in the title. Including your SDN username makes it easier for the readers to keep track of which applications they have already read. DO NOT JUST PM YOUR STATEMENT TO A READER unless otherwise specified.
Rules for Readers:
  • If you want to be added or deleted from this list, please make sure that you follow the directions below when doing so.
  • As a volunteer, you may read as many or as few personal statements as you'd like or have time for. If you will be unavailable for a certain time or have been inundated with requests, simply take yourself off of the list using the instructions below (either temporarily or permanently).
  • If you receive a request and are unable to fulfill it, please respond to the writer so he/she is not waiting for a response and can request help from elsewhere.
  • For your protection, we will not allow you to post your email addresses here. All email addresses will be edited out of the list and any further posts containing email addresses will be edited to remove them. Writers will contact you via PM and you can exchange files privately (via email, PM, Google Docs, etc.).
  • As this is strictly on a volunteer basis, absolutely NO solicitation of money for your services will be tolerated. Volunteers who violate this policy will be removed from the list and subject to further disciplinary action.
  • DO NOT share someone's PS with anyone else without the writer's permission
Instructions for Readers
  1. To be added or deleted from this list, click "quote" on the most recent post.
  2. Add your SDN username, your credentials, and specific things you are willing to edit for (content only, grammar only, etc.). DO NOT post your email address. If you are unsure of what to include, look at last year's thread for examples.
  3. Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom.
  4. If you are unable to read any more personal statements, please come back and move your name into the inactive list
Here are examples of what to include when volunteering as a reader:
  • FriendlySDNer | MD class of 2022, T20 school, will start family med residency in July | Interviewer and student AdCom member for one year. Will comment on grammar, content, theme, flow, anything you want. Will not be available after June 12 2022.
  • AnotherFriendlySDNer | Accepted student, MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional finance background | No formal editing experience, but have helped many friends with their essays | Can help with content, theme, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
  • SuperSDNer | future applicant | Writing tutor, Humanities major, and copy editor at my college's newsletter with a lot of experience writing/editing essays | can help with content, theme, grammar, etc. | Please PM as text or Google Docs link with 'suggestions on'

This thread is brought to you by the Pre-Allopathic Volunteer Staff
Please remember that these people are volunteering their time. Be nice to them!

Good luck! Please let us know if you have any questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
As a follow-up:

To those of you who already have an acceptance in hand, congratulations! As you have no doubt experienced, this application process can be very nerve-wracking, particularly for those who fly in blind. Many of us are lucky to have mentors who invested in our success and volunteered their time to write recommendation(s) on our behalf. I certainly would not be where I am today without the advocacy, feedback, and generosity provided by my late mentor, and volunteers here on SDN. Unfortunately, many applicants lack such guidance, and do not have access to knowledgeable readers nor the financial means to hire a fancy consultant. For these individuals, any amount of feedback and guidance can make a huge difference and help prevent costly mistakes from being made.

Because of this, I am writing to humbly ask for your help! Please consider volunteering some of your time (even just one day!) to be a personal statement reader! Volunteering as a reader is a fun, stress-free, and meaningful way to 'pay it forward'. No prior editing and/or review experience is required! As successful applicants both past and present, this is something we are all qualified to do, by simple virtue of having been through this process and knowing what traits medical schools look for. In fact, at many schools, MS1's (i.e. you in just a few months time!) play a pivotal role in evaluating applicants! You are qualified!

Providing feedback can be as simple as qualitatively answering these five 'yes-no' questions:
1)
Did I get a good sense of who you are as a person? Y/N
2)
Did I get a good sense of why you are pursuing medicine and how you have tested this career choice? Y/N
3)
Are you someone who I would want as my peer? Y/N
4)
Is your personal statement easy to follow? Y/N
5)
Did your personal statement show humility, maturity, genuineness, confidence, and avoid negativity? Y/N

Get 5 Yes's? Good to go! Otherwise, back to the drawing board. It's that simple!
You will be surprised by how many applicants unknowingly fail to meet one or more of these criteria, and how quickly personal statements can turn around with this realization. So please consider volunteering if you can. Any amount of time will help. Thank you in advance for your consideration (and apologies for any direct recruitments!).

Sincerely,
- Moko

tl;dr: Please consider volunteering to be a reader. Your fellow students need your help and guidance!

And for applicants:
it is better to submit a good and polished application in June/July than to submit a subpar and mediocre application in May. You can and should start prewriting secondaries during the verification period. If you utilize a reader for your application, please consider volunteering your time next year for future applicants!

Reactions: 2 users
  • spiritkoi | accepted MD class of 2026 | previous college review journal writer and editor | humanities minor, helped lots of friends with their essays (including applicants) | can comment on theme, grammar, flow, content, etc. | Please PM as Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know what you'd like me to focus on!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
  • spiritkoi | accepted MD class of 2026 | previous college review journal writer and editor | humanities minor, helped lots of friends with their essays (including applicants) | can comment on theme, grammar, flow, content, etc. | Please PM as Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know what you'd like me to focus on!
  • TelemarketingEnigma | Bored MS4 MD/MPH awaiting match results (MedPeds) | lots of humanities/writing in undergrad (interdisciplinary major) | May not be super fast with every response but would like to give back in my newfound free time! Google docs preferred, can be as nitpicky or general guidance as you want

Reactions: 1 users
Available readers:
  • TelemarketingEnigma | Bored MS4 MD/MPH awaiting match results (MedPeds) | lots of humanities/writing in undergrad (interdisciplinary major) | May not be super fast with every response but would like to give back in my newfound free time! Google docs preferred, can be as nitpicky or general guidance as you want
  • Aelani3383 | MD Class of 2026 at a T10 | Humanities major in college and professional writer, lots of editing experience | Can comment on anything applicant is struggling with or curious about | PM a GDocs link and let me know what you'd like me to look for
Inactive readers:
  • (empty)

Reactions: 1 user
Available readers:
  • Aelani3383 | MD Class of 2026 at a T10 | Humanities major in college and professional writer, lots of editing experience | Can comment on anything applicant is struggling with or curious about | PM a GDocs link and let me know what you'd like me to look for
  • LunaOri | Attending physician and medical school instructor | Former English major, 20+ years of college admissions, parent of current medical student (got lots of practice reading PS and secondaries!) | Willing to read for content, grammar, structure.
Inactive readers:
  • (empty)

I'd love to volunteer, but I'm only a pre-med applicant. I've got tons of editing/writing experience, though. Are you only looking for current accepted med students/physicians? @Moko

EDIT: I am not accepting personal statements right now because I'm very busy! I'll put my name on the list when I can. Thanks, everyone!

Last edited:
I'd love to volunteer, but I'm only a pre-med applicant. I've got tons of editing/writing experience, though. Are you only looking for current accepted med students/physicians? @Moko
All are welcome, please add yourself to the list! Thank you!

• Care
Available readers:
  • LunaOri | Attending physician and medical school instructor | Former English major, 20+ years of college admissions, parent of current medical student (got lots of practice reading PS and secondaries!) | Willing to read for content, grammar, structure.
  • brown_skin_girl | Incoming M1, accepted to 4-5 T20s | Mentor who has experience editing PS and work/activities sections | PM me Google Doc links with “suggestions on” and let me know what you want me to focus on
Inactive readers:
  • (empty)

Available readers:
  • brown_skin_girl | Incoming M1, accepted to 4-5 T20s | Mentor who has experience editing PS and work/activities sections | PM me Google Doc links with “suggestions on” and let me know what you want me to focus on
  • DrDriven07 | Accepted MD/PhD (incoming MS1), accepted at multiple T10s | Have read and edited several PS and research statements | Can comment on any of the MD/PhD essays for content, theme, etc | Prefer Google Doc links with "suggestions on"
Inactive readers:
  • (empty)

Available readers:
  • DrDriven07 | Accepted MD/PhD (incoming MS1), accepted at multiple T10s | Have read and edited several PS and research statements | Can comment on any of the MD/PhD essays for content, theme, etc | Prefer Google Doc links with "suggestions on"
  • MEDNERD13| Accepted student, MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional | No formal editing experience, but have read and edited several personal statements, work/activities sections, and secondaries | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
Inactive readers:
  • (empty)

Last edited:
Available readers:
  • MEDNERD13| Accepted student, MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional | No formal editing experience, but have read and edited several personal statements, work/activities sections, and secondaries | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
  • downwardbound26 | Accepted MD Class of 2026 | Non-trad applicant accepted to 15+ schools including several T20s | Have lots of writing and some previous editing experience | Can help with content, grammar, themes, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and details on what you'd like to focus on
Inactive readers:
  • (empty)

Available readers:
  • downwardbound26 | Accepted MD Class of 2026 | Non-trad applicant accepted to 15+ schools including several T20s | Have lots of writing and some previous editing experience | Can help with content, grammar, themes, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and details on what you'd like to focus on
Inactive readers:
  • TelemarketingEnigma (until I catch up on current list/finish panicking about match) | Bored MS4 MD/MPH awaiting match results (MedPeds) | lots of humanities/writing in undergrad (interdisciplinary major) | May not be super fast with every response but would like to give back in my newfound free time! Google docs preferred, can be as nitpicky or general guidance as you want

Members don't see this ad :)
Available readers:
  • KanekiS1E12 | Accepted MD (incoming M1) | Accepted at 5 T10s | URM with a heavy focus on advocacy and activism work (very comfortable giving feedback on these themes) | Financially disadvantaged/ complicated background (very comfortable giving feedback on these themes) | Cannot help with grammar, but I can help with general themes, content and narratives etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and details on what you'd like to focus on
Inactive readers:
  • TelemarketingEnigma (until I catch up on current list/finish panicking about match) | Bored MS4 MD/MPH awaiting match results (MedPeds) | lots of humanities/writing in undergrad (interdisciplinary major) | May not be super fast with every response but would like to give back in my newfound free time! Google docs preferred, can be as nitpicky or general guidance as you want

Reactions: 1 users
Available readers:
  • KanekiS1E12 | Accepted MD (incoming M1) | Accepted at 5 T10s | URM with a heavy focus on advocacy and activism work (very comfortable giving feedback on these themes) | Financially disadvantaged/ complicated background (very comfortable giving feedback on these themes) | Cannot help with grammar, but I can help with general themes, content and narratives etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and details on what you'd like to focus on
Inactive readers:
  • brown_skin_girl (until I catch up) | Incoming M1, accepted to 4-5 T20s | Mentor who has experience editing PS and work/activities sections | PM me Google Doc links with “suggestions on” and let me know what you want me to focus on

Available readers:
  • narrowlytailored | Accepted MD Class of 2026 | Non-traditional multiple IS & OOS acceptances | Editor for multiple PS for peers | Can help with content, grammar, themes, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and details on what you'd like to focus on
Inactive readers:
  • brown_skin_girl (until I catch up) | Incoming M1, accepted to 4-5 T20s | Mentor who has experience editing PS and work/activities sections | PM me Google Doc links with “suggestions on” and let me know what you want me to focus on

Available readers:
  • narrowlytailored | Accepted MD Class of 2026 | Non-traditional multiple IS & OOS acceptances | Editor for multiple PS for peers | Can help with content, grammar, themes, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and details on what you'd like to focus on
  • 28503 | Accepted MD Class of 2026 | Accepted at multiple T20s | Can help with content, grammar, themes, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and specific details on what you'd like me to focus on
Inactive readers:

Last edited:
Available readers:
  • 28503 | Accepted MD Class of 2026 | Accepted at 2 T5s + multiple others | Can help with content, grammar, themes, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and specific details on what you'd like me to focus on
Inactive readers:
  • spiritkoi (need to finish ones I have now!!) | accepted MD class of 2026 | previous college review journal writer and editor | humanities minor, helped lots of friends with their essays (including applicants) | can comment on theme, grammar, flow, content, etc. | Please PM as Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know what you'd like me to focus on!

Available readers:
  • 28503 | Accepted MD Class of 2026 | Accepted at 2 T5s + multiple others | Can help with content, grammar, themes, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and specific details on what you'd like me to focus on
  • CVpostbacc | Accepted MD Class of 2026 (incoming MS1) @ Top 5 | Non-traditional applicant accepted to 7 MD programs | CA URM | 3.39 cGPA, 3.16 sGPA, 3.80 sGPA @ DIY post-bacc | Interviewed at 14 MD programs | Can assist with grammar, narrative construction, syntax | Open to helping with Personal Statement and Secondaries | Please reach out via DM and inquire about availability.
Inactive readers:
  • spiritkoi (need to finish ones I have now!!) | accepted MD class of 2026 | previous college review journal writer and editor | humanities minor, helped lots of friends with their essays (including applicants) | can comment on theme, grammar, flow, content, etc. | Please PM as Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know what you'd like me to focus on!

Available readers:
  • CVpostbacc | Accepted MD Class of 2026 (incoming MS1) @ Top 5 | Non-traditional applicant accepted to 7 MD programs | CA URM | 3.39 cGPA, 3.16 sGPA, 3.80 sGPA @ DIY post-bacc | Interviewed at 14 MD programs | Can assist with grammar, narrative construction, syntax | Open to helping with Personal Statement and Secondaries | Please reach out via DM and inquire about availability.
Inactive readers:
  • 28503 (until I catch up on current list!!) | Accepted MD Class of 2026 | Incoming at Top 5 | Accepted at multiple T20s | Can help with content, grammar, themes, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and specific details on what you'd like me to focus on

Available readers:
  • arnim | Incoming M1 Class of ‘26, 16 IIs and 4As, Non-traditional URM (4 gap years post grad.) | A wealth of writing and editing experience over undergrad, professionally, and over the course of two app cycles | Can give good advice on your narrative, flow, themes. I’ll throw in some grammar corrections too! | Google Docs preferred, send me a link and let me know where to focus my energy
Inactive readers:
  • 28503 (until I catch up on current list!!) | Accepted MD Class of 2026 | Incoming at Top 5 | Accepted at multiple T20s | Can help with content, grammar, themes, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and specific details on what you'd like me to focus on

Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • arnim (I got flooded so quickly, I’ll be back when I catch up!) | Incoming M1 Class of ‘26, 16 IIs and 4As, Non-traditional URM (4 gap years post grad.) | A wealth of writing and editing experience over undergrad, professionally, and over the course of two app cycles | Can give good advice on your narrative, flow, themes. I’ll throw in some grammar corrections too! | Google Docs preferred, send me a link and let me know where to focus my energy

Available readers:
  • Vhopeful | Accepted MD at a T5 | 17IIs and 7As | Have experience applying to TX schools | Immigrant recently came to the US (<10 years)| Can assist with narrative structure, content, some grammar | Can help with Personal Statement and Secondaries | Please reach out via DM
Inactive readers:
  • arnim (I got flooded so quickly, I’ll be back when I catch up!) | Incoming M1 Class of ‘26, 16 IIs and 4As, Non-traditional URM (4 gap years post grad.) | A wealth of writing and editing experience over undergrad, professionally, and over the course of two app cycles | Can give good advice on your narrative, flow, themes. I’ll throw in some grammar corrections too! | Google Docs preferred, send me a link and let me know where to focus my energy

Available readers:
  • Vhopeful | Accepted MD at a T5 | 17IIs and 7As | Have experience applying to TX schools | Immigrant recently came to the US (<10 years)| Can assist with narrative structure, content, some grammar | Can help with Personal Statement and Secondaries | Please reach out via DM
Inactive readers:
  • MEDNERD13 (until I catch up with the ones have already requested review. Currently on vacation so will have limited access to a computer)| Accepted student, MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional | No formal editing experience, but have read and edited several personal statements, work/activities sections, and secondaries | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.

Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • MEDNERD13 (until I catch up with the ones have already requested review. Currently on vacation so will have limited access to a computer)| Accepted student, MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional | No formal editing experience, but have read and edited several personal statements, work/activities sections, and secondaries | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.

Available readers:
  • sktay | Accepted MD at T10 | Applied to 1 med school and accepted | Previous writing tutor; can help with themes+grammar and good at concise writing | PM Google doc link with what to focus on
Inactive readers:

Available readers:
  • sktay | Accepted MD at T10 | Applied to 1 med school and accepted | Previous writing tutor; can help with themes+grammar and good at concise writing | PM Google doc link with what to focus on
Inactive readers:

Available readers:
  • mudfud26 | MD-PhD Class of 2029 (7 year) | Rural Program IIs and A |Non-traditional applicant with 5 years research gap | Writing/editing experience | Can comment on PS, MD-PhD essays, and experiences: narrative structure, content, and grammar | Limited Availability after July 1
Inactive readers:

Available readers:
  • mudfud26 | MD-PhD Class of 2029 (7 year) | Rural Program IIs and A |Non-traditional applicant with 5 years research gap | Writing/editing experience | Can comment on PS, MD-PhD essays, and experiences: narrative structure, content, and grammar | Limited Availability after July1
  • MEDNERD13 | Accepted student, MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional | No formal editing experience, but have read and edited several personal statements, work/activities sections, and secondaries | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
Inactive readers:

Available readers:
  • mudfud26 | MD-PhD Class of 2029 (7 year) | Rural Program IIs and A |Non-traditional applicant with 5 years research gap | Writing/editing experience | Can comment on PS, MD-PhD essays, and experiences: narrative structure, content, and grammar | Limited Availability after July1
  • MEDNERD13 | Accepted student, MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional | No formal editing experience, but have read and edited several personal statements, work/activities sections, and secondaries | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
  • anVuLXNpqw | Incoming M1 @ T5 MD | Comfortable working with a variety of themes but prefer to work with those that are research, innovation, or science focused | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and details on what you'd like to focus on
Inactive readers:

Moving myself to inactive until I clear my backlog. Just want to also note to applicants, please ASK READERS if they are available to read you PS. Personally, I may turn you down because I’m not really good at evaluating a dental school PS or someone from a non-science background.

Available readers:
  • anVuLXNpqw | Incoming M1 @ T5 MD | Comfortable working with a variety of themes but prefer to work with those that are research, innovation, or science focused | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and details on what you'd like to focus on
Inactive readers:
  • mudfud26 | MD-PhD Class of 2029 (7 year) | Rural Program IIs and A |Non-traditional applicant with 5 years research gap | Writing/editing experience | Can comment on PS, MD-PhD essays, and experiences: narrative structure, content, and grammar | Temporarily unavailable - Catching up

Available readers:
  • Bioch3mistry | MD/PhD Class of 2024| Non-traditional, research-focused | Happy to help with grammar, content, flow | Please send me a document that I can make suggestions on, as well as what you want me to focus on (content, grammar, so forth). Something good that's happened to you recently is also nice to hear!
Inactive readers:
  • mudfud26 | MD-PhD Class of 2029 (7 year) | Rural Program IIs and A |Non-traditional applicant with 5 years research gap | Writing/editing experience | Can comment on PS, MD-PhD essays, and experiences: narrative structure, content, and grammar | Temporarily unavailable - Catching up

Available readers:
  • Bioch3mistry | MD/PhD Class of 2024| Non-traditional, research-focused | Happy to help with grammar, content, flow | Please send me a document that I can make suggestions on, as well as what you want me to focus on (content, grammar, so forth). Something good that's happened to you recently is also nice to hear!
  • Kokonaut | Accepted student, MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional social service background with multiple IS & OOS acceptances | No formal editing experience, but have helped others with their essays | Can help with content, theme, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
Inactive readers:

I will also be moving myself temporarily into inactive status while I catch up with all the personal statements I have waiting. If anyone has already messaged me before today (4 pm EST), I will get to you! You haven't been forgotten :)

Available readers:
  • Kokonaut | Accepted student, MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional social service background with multiple IS & OOS acceptances | No formal editing experience, but have helped others with their essays | Can help with content, theme, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
Inactive readers:
  • MEDNERD13 | Accepted student, MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional | No formal editing experience, but have read and edited several personal statements, work/activities sections, and secondaries | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on| Temporarily unavailable - catching up with feedback; will reply to everyone who has already messaged me

Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • MEDNERD13 | Accepted student, MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional | No formal editing experience, but have read and edited several personal statements, work/activities sections, and secondaries | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on| Temporarily unavailable - catching up with feedback; will reply to everyone who has already messaged me
  • narrowlytailored | Accepted MD Class of 2026 | Non-traditional multiple IS & OOS acceptances | Editor for multiple PS for peers | Can help with content, grammar, themes, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and details on what you'd like to focus on | Temporarily unavailable while I catch up. Will reply to all those who have messaged me prior to this post.

Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • narrowlytailored | Accepted MD Class of 2026 | Non-traditional multiple IS & OOS acceptances | Editor for multiple PS for peers | Can help with content, grammar, themes, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and details on what you'd like to focus on | Temporarily unavailable while I catch up. Will reply to all those who have messaged me prior to this post.
  • downwardbound26 | Accepted MD Class of 2026 | Non-trad applicant accepted to 15+ schools including several T20s | Have lots of writing and some previous editing experience | Can help with content, grammar, themes, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and details on what you'd like to focus on | Temporarily inactive to catch up with current editing

Available readers:
  • duckie97 | Accepted MD/DO class of 2026 | Former editor of undergraduate research journal | Happy to help with structure and organization, content, grammar, and crafting your personal narrative | Will look at personal statements and secondaries | Google Doc link preferred
Inactive readers:
  • downwardbound26 | Accepted MD Class of 2026 | Non-trad applicant accepted to 15+ schools including several T20s | Have lots of writing and some previous editing experience | Can help with content, grammar, themes, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and details on what you'd like to focus on | Temporarily inactive to catch up with current editing

Available readers:
  • duckie97 | Accepted MD/DO class of 2026 | Former editor of undergraduate research journal | Happy to help with structure and organization, content, grammar, and crafting your personal narrative | Will look at personal statements and secondaries | Google Doc link preferred
  • SunMouse | MS1 soon to be MS2 (MD Class of 2025) | No formal editing experience, but have helped a lot of friends and family with essays, and also read/edited a bunch of personal statements last year | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. I am a non-trad career-changer, so I can also specifically comment on that element as well | Please PM a Google Docs link set to 'anyone with the link can edit', and include what you want me to focus on. I may be a little slow with responses but will do my best!
Inactive readers:

Available readers:
  • SunMouse | MS1 soon to be MS2 (MD Class of 2025) | No formal editing experience, but have helped a lot of friends and family with essays, and also read/edited a bunch of personal statements last year | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. I am a non-trad career-changer, so I can also specifically comment on that element as well | Please PM a Google Docs link set to 'anyone with the link can edit', and include what you want me to focus on. I may be a little slow with responses but will do my best!
Inactive readers:
  • Kokonaut | Accepted student, MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional social service background with multiple IS & OOS acceptances | No formal editing experience, but have helped others with their essays | Can help with content, theme, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on. I Temporarily inactive until I catch up.

Available readers:
  • jjthrowaway225 | Incoming MS1 @ T5 MD | Have lots of writing/editing experience & took a few upper-level writing courses in college | Happy to help with PS, activity descriptions, secondaries | Available until end of June.
Inactive readers:
  • Kokonaut | Accepted student, MD class of 2026 | Non-traditional social service background with multiple IS & OOS acceptances | No formal editing experience, but have helped others with their essays | Can help with content, theme, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on. I Temporarily inactive until I catch up.

Available readers:
  • jjthrowaway225 | Incoming MS1 @ T5 MD | Have lots of writing/editing experience & took a few upper-level writing courses in college | Happy to help with PS, activity descriptions, secondaries | Available until end of June.
Inactive readers:
  • duckie97 | Accepted MD/DO class of 2026 | Former editor of undergraduate research journal | Happy to help with structure and organization, content, grammar, and crafting your personal narrative | Will look at personal statements and secondaries | Google Doc link preferred | Unavailable

Taking myself off the list for a bit while I catch up!

Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • duckie97 | Accepted MD/DO class of 2026 | Former editor of undergraduate research journal | Happy to help with structure and organization, content, grammar, and crafting your personal narrative | Will look at personal statements and secondaries | Google Doc link preferred | Unavailable
  • SunMouse | MS1 soon to be MS2 (MD Class of 2025) | No formal editing experience, but have helped a lot of friends and family with essays, and also read/edited a bunch of personal statements last year | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. I am a non-trad career-changer, so I can also specifically comment on that element as well | Please PM a Google Docs link set to 'anyone with the link can edit', and include what you want me to focus on. I may be a little slow with responses but will do my best! | Temporarily unavailable while I catch up

Available readers:
Inactive readers:
  • SunMouse | MS1 soon to be MS2 (MD Class of 2025) | No formal editing experience, but have helped a lot of friends and family with essays, and also read/edited a bunch of personal statements last year | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. I am a non-trad career-changer, so I can also specifically comment on that element as well | Please PM a Google Docs link set to 'anyone with the link can edit', and include what you want me to focus on. I may be a little slow with responses but will do my best! | Temporarily unavailable while I catch up
  • Bioch3mistry | MD/PhD Class of 2024| Non-traditional, research-focused | Happy to help with grammar, content, flow | Please send me a document that I can make suggestions on, as well as what you want me to focus on (content, grammar, so forth). Something good that's happened to you recently is also nice to hear (even if I'm not actively reading PS :) )

All caught up whew, moving myself back to active.

Available readers:
  • SunMouse | MS1 soon to be MS2 (MD Class of 2025) | No formal editing experience, but have helped a lot of friends and family with essays, and also read/edited a bunch of personal statements last year | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. I am a non-trad career-changer, so I can also specifically comment on that element as well | Please PM a Google Docs link set to 'anyone with the link can edit', and include what you want me to focus on. I may be a little slow with responses, but will do my best!
Inactive readers:
  • Bioch3mistry | MD/PhD Class of 2024| Non-traditional, research-focused | Happy to help with grammar, content, flow | Please send me a document that I can make suggestions on, as well as what you want me to focus on (content, grammar, so forth). Something good that's happened to you recently is also nice to hear (even if I'm not actively reading PS :) )

• Love
Available readers:
  • SunMouse | MS1 soon to be MS2 (MD Class of 2025) | No formal editing experience, but have helped a lot of friends and family with essays, and also read/edited a bunch of personal statements last year | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. I am a non-trad career-changer, so I can also specifically comment on that element as well | Please PM a Google Docs link set to 'anyone with the link can edit', and include what you want me to focus on. I may be a little slow with responses, but will do my best!
  • Zesty_Z | Going to MD class of 2027 | Applied to schools in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho and got interviews with every school applied to | Can do flow, light grammar, and other feedback if specified | DM me links to google docs with PS or Activities and I should get back to you within the week.
Inactive readers:

Status
Not open for further replies.