official practice DAT exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbbbbbb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how/where to get them? i have two....the practice exams that came w/ the 2004 and 2005 registration booklets. I thought they might send out a new one each year and, if so, that somone might have them available. What about a good question review bank for the Bio section. thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Those sample questions found in the DAT registration booklet is not a good study material. It will give you some basic idea on what the test is like. But, since DAT is a computerized test, the best way to practice is to take a computer simulation.

To answer your question, the biology section as well as other sections can be found in Kaplan Blue Book sold in any bookstore. This book is an excelled source to study for DAT, of course, with a combination of other study materials such as TopScore and your class notes.

DDS2BE said:
Those sample questions found in the DAT registration booklet is not a good study material. It will give you some basic idea on what the test is like. But, since DAT is a computerized test, the best way to practice is to take a computer simulation.

To answer your question, the biology section as well as other sections can be found in Kaplan Blue Book sold in any bookstore. This book is an excelled source to study for DAT, of course, with a combination of other study materials such as TopScore and your class notes.

Are Kaplan and Top Score the only real computerized simulations out there? Where else can we find good practice tests?

La Miraflorina said:
Are Kaplan and Top Score the only real computerized simulations out there? Where else can we find good practice tests?

yes. My experience is that topscorepro.com is exactly like the real DAT. Questions were a little harder but proved very good. My kaplan cd is in a computer format, but not the format of real test. You can rotate stuff i think if i remember right, but the interfce is really clunky and cannot go in and review and print like you can in topscore pro. So with that in mind, kaplan was another source of ok questions. there are a couple other student written things out there (so beware) but as you listen on this site you quickly find out they are marginally worth it. others such as acethedat(students), top achiever (now dat achiever strangly, also students), dat professor (no questions i think, a student), dat secrets (i got this one and it was a total waste of money, 120 pages of biology terms!, total rip, definitely a student),

well, good luck. hope this helps ya. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Acethedat.com has some practice exams, but their product does contain some errors (both in content and scoring). I found their PAT to be very similar in difficulty and types of questions to the real thing (Kaplan and Topscore are easier than the DAT).

That's right. TopScore and Kaplan are far from ideal in helping you get 20++ for your PAT. Highly recommended guides for PAT: acethedat and DAT Achiever (complete with 3D explanation), both very close to the actual test.

To answer your original question on a good Bio guides: They are your own textbook(s) and lecture notes since there're so many questions the ADA can sensibly ask in this section. You are going to see a lot of straightforward Bio questions on the actual test day. ;)

There are some bio and Chem quiz questions for sale in the "for sale" forum. They aren't computerized, but from past experience just doing questions over and over helped me. First you have to get the information. If you don't have the right information to study, computerized won't matter.
Many of the practice tests from Kaplan and the ADA were WAY too easy. They were much easier than the real exam. I was really glad I had many chapters of quiz questions.