Official, Pre-Allo NOT ACCEPTED YET 2017 applicant thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3 interviews, 3 waitlists and received my first acceptance today. Words cannot describe how amazing this feels. Thank you to everyone on SDN who has been so unbelievably helpful and supportive along the way.

Yay!!! Congratulations!! 🙂🙂
 
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing where you've been accepted?
3 interviews, 3 waitlists and received my first acceptance today. Words cannot describe how amazing this feels. Thank you to everyone on SDN who has been so unbelievably helpful and supportive along the way.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Texas update here:
UTRGV, Dell Med (Austin) and Texas Tech Paul Foster School of Medicine (El Paso) have begun welcome ceremonies and announced their entering Class of 2021, ending Waitlist possibilities there.
I will update on the remaining Texas med schools as I see them. aa19d6e6a59c77b85991b529b3867548.jpg
 
Hey @gyngyn, any waitlist updates from the past week? I know the school where I'm waitlisted still hasn't moved, but it does give me hope hearing about movement at California schools and others that might poach from them and get that process moving.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck! I've been accepted off the waitlist a couple months ago on my third application cycle. It's possible and there is hope!
Message me if you have any questions!

Congrats! How did your app change between the first cycle and the 3rd?

Did you have GPA repair? A better MCAT? More research? Were you a trad applicant when you started?
 
Congrats! How did your app change between the first cycle and the 3rd?

Did you have GPA repair? A better MCAT? More research? Were you a trad applicant when you started?
My GPA hardly change and I didn't redo the MCAT. I got a publication by my second cycle but I think application wise, it was the number of schools I applied to. I applied to 4 schools the first time, 6 schools the second time, and 25 schools the third time.
I was a third year student on my first cycle and only applied to Canadian schools (you can do that in Canada).

Non application wise, I think I matured a lot over the course of my undergrad and gap year and that likely shown in my essays and interviews. I was still waitlisted on my third cycle but ended up getting in.