Official, Pre-Allo NOT ACCEPTED YET 2017 applicant thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3 interviews, 3 waitlists and received my first acceptance today. Words cannot describe how amazing this feels. Thank you to everyone on SDN who has been so unbelievably helpful and supportive along the way.

Yay!!! Congratulations!! :):)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing where you've been accepted?
3 interviews, 3 waitlists and received my first acceptance today. Words cannot describe how amazing this feels. Thank you to everyone on SDN who has been so unbelievably helpful and supportive along the way.

Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations! Been following your story and now so happy for you!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!!! Which school?

HOLYYYYYYYYYY FUDGESTICKS
Accepted to Sinai just now!!!!!
Sent update letter July 4th, not sure if that had anything to do with it or not...

Reactions: 40 users
Finally got off the waitlist last week and will be part of the class of 2021!! VCU 4eva!!
:banana::biglove:

Reactions: 31 users
Sent update letter July 4th, not sure if that had anything to do with it or not...
probably because 'murica. congrats!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats!!! What a relief!!
With your stats, I'm really shocked that it came down to July for you, but glad it worked out.

Texas update here:
UTRGV, Dell Med (Austin) and Texas Tech Paul Foster School of Medicine (El Paso) have begun welcome ceremonies and announced their entering Class of 2021, ending Waitlist possibilities there.
I will update on the remaining Texas med schools as I see them. aa19d6e6a59c77b85991b529b3867548.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Hey @gyngyn, any waitlist updates from the past week? I know the school where I'm waitlisted still hasn't moved, but it does give me hope hearing about movement at California schools and others that might poach from them and get that process moving.

Hey @gyngyn, any waitlist updates from the past week? I know the school where I'm waitlisted still hasn't moved, but it does give me hope hearing about movement at California schools and others that might poach from them and get that process moving.
It has been as quiet as a mouse.

Just rejected from Morehouse after being on the waitlist since August. I think we all knew their class was full already. Whomp whomp...on to the next cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
Just rejected from Morehouse after being on the waitlist since August. I think we all knew their class was full already. Whomp whomp...on to the next cycle!

You got this :)

Reactions: 2 users
JUST GOT MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!! (and it came off the waitlist) :soexcited:

<2 weeks before my orientation. There is still hope, good luck all!

Reactions: 34 users
JUST GOT MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!! (and it came off the waitlist) :soexcited:

<2 weeks before my orientation. There is still hope, good luck all!
Wow congrats! Would you mind sharing which school?

Its been a long cycle. Though this time, we'll be applying with a better application and slightly more knowledge of how it works. Best of luck to us all!
Good luck! I've been accepted off the waitlist a couple months ago on my third application cycle. It's possible and there is hope!
Message me if you have any questions!

Good luck! I've been accepted off the waitlist a couple months ago on my third application cycle. It's possible and there is hope!
Message me if you have any questions!

Congrats! How did your app change between the first cycle and the 3rd?

Did you have GPA repair? A better MCAT? More research? Were you a trad applicant when you started?

Congrats! How did your app change between the first cycle and the 3rd?

Did you have GPA repair? A better MCAT? More research? Were you a trad applicant when you started?
My GPA hardly change and I didn't redo the MCAT. I got a publication by my second cycle but I think application wise, it was the number of schools I applied to. I applied to 4 schools the first time, 6 schools the second time, and 25 schools the third time.
I was a third year student on my first cycle and only applied to Canadian schools (you can do that in Canada).

Non application wise, I think I matured a lot over the course of my undergrad and gap year and that likely shown in my essays and interviews. I was still waitlisted on my third cycle but ended up getting in.

Reactions: 4 users