Official ****Score Prediction Thread***** now that we have taken the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDtoBe777

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, now that we have taken the MCAT....what is your score prediction? It'll be fun to bring it up in October when they post.

Members don't see this ad.

PS: 9 (Difficult Form. But curve should be somewhat generous. If I'm lucky I could break 10, guessed 1 passage)
VR: 7 (PS sucked the life outta me! Never recovered and I ended up bombing verbal, guessed 2 passages)
WS: Hahaha...
BS: 10 (Felt comfortable with Neurobiology/Physiology)

Overall: 26N

This might be optimistic but I felt very confident with all sections except PS:

PS: 10
VR: 11
WS: R
BS: 12

Overall: 33R

Members don't see this ad :)
man, these predictions are weak! :laugh:

go back and check the April 2004 prediction thread. everybody had brass balls, actually predicting things like getting a 14 in a section, getting 38+ overall, etc. where's the august gunners? you guys aren't holding up them SDN tradition! :D

by the way, i NEVER made an attempt to predict my score. i knew that if i said something even half-way confident, the karma gods would smite me, and i would be relegated to podiatry school. i'm jinx-proof, bitches!

Very hard to predict these scores but I'll give it a go.

PS: 9
VR: 10
BS: 9

Overall: 28

Well, I'm just going to predict a total range, so here we go....

More than 15.
Less than 45.
Writing sample: Between an O - S.

Other than that, no thoughts. :cool:

I can try to make a decent prediction:

PS: 9 or 10
VR: 10
BS: 11 or 12.

This is what will prolly happen, if PS is a 9, then Bio will be 12, if Bio is an 11, then PS will be a 10. So I predict a 31 (this is the score that I got most of the time when taking practice tests).

Do you not need at LEAST a 30 to be even considered my Med-School's? Here in Ontario I believe you do...even higher...

superdevil said:

go back and check the April 2004 prediction thread. everybody had brass balls, actually predicting things like getting a 14 in a section, getting 38+ overall, etc. where's the august gunners? you guys aren't holding up them SDN tradition! :D

the August exam SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
superdevil said:
by the way, i NEVER made an attempt to predict my score. i knew that if i said something even half-way confident, the karma gods would smite me, and i would be relegated to podiatry school. i'm jinx-proof, bitches!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PS: 11 (Uhhhh haha that would be AWESOME)
VR: 10 (If God was really on my side)
BS: 10 (Maybe... just MAYBE!)
WS: P

Let's hope that these predictions are RIGHT! I busted an 'S' on the writing sample last year because the topics were a joke (the ones from AAMC 7 actually) but this time I know my lack of caring for this section must have screwed me over! There's no way in hell I'd ever take that test for the 3rd time... It's SO great to have my life back!!! Woohoo! :oops:

JDAD said:

That means you got two more than I did!! :laugh:

Your three, is that all in one section.... I think the only thing I got right was my name....AHHHHH, I spelled thta wonrg too.

I'm too superstitious to guess my score.
Probably above 20 and less than 45, wayyyyy less.

superdevil said:

1) Most of us got pretty close to our predictions. Well, those that reported back, anyway.
2) You, my friend, are a wimp. :rolleyes: But I don't blame you.

6 PS, 6VR, 6BS this test is the devil is disguise. jk
I think the exam was ok, hoping for 10PS, 9VR and 10BS

If the stars are aligned in my favour:

PS: 11
Verbal: 12
Bio: 13
Writing: who the hell knows.... um, P?

If not, subtract one from each of the above.

geckoUBC said:
If the stars are aligned in my favour:

PS: 11
Verbal: 12
Bio: 13
Writing: who the hell knows.... um, P?

If not, subtract one from each of the above.
whoa!!!!! how did you do on the practices? which format did you have? you thought it was that easy?? that's scary.

i really didn't intend to do a prediction but what the heck?

PS: 6 felt like a zombie, was in a really bad frame of mind...i'll spare you the details, didn't finish it

VR: 7, still hadn't recovered from PS and didn't finish that either

W: maybe a P or something

BS: 9????? maybe, 10 tops

so 22-23...yea lower than even my first practice test :(

After rushing the last 2 passaged on PS and the last VR passage my predictions for a 33-36 have gone way down. I know it isn't the end of the world, but I am just hoping to get a 30+. Whatever i do end up getting, it will probably be better than my 26 last april. Predictions:

PS 8-10
VR 9-11
BS 10-12

If God is on me side, 33, if he left this one up to me, 27. We'll see.

Here are my predictions:

PS 6
VR 12
BS 10
Writing Sample R

PS was horrifically hard. I felt like I guessed through half of it. My form was CH. I can think of 5 questions that I answered with confidence. I ran out of time and outright guessed at the last passage.

VR was cool. I usually do well in this section and this wasn't the exception.

Writing Sample. I didn't practice at all, but I hit all the points and I think I did it well.

BS seemed pretty much the same (on level of difficulty) as the practice tests... which I was getting 10's in consistently.

Darn that PS section!!!!!

PS: 8
VR: 9
BS: 10
WS: Who knows?
I hope that I'm being conservative, but that test shattered me.

Originally Posted by liverotcod
1) Most of us got pretty close to our predictions. Well, those that reported back, anyway.
i never said people didn't do well, its just pretty ballsy to proclaim 99 percentile scores the night after the exam. maybe that's totally normal to you, though.

2) You, my friend, are a wimp. :rolleyes: But I don't blame you.
um, thanks for that mature contribution. my post was in jest. with your VR score, i can't imagine how you thought what i said warranted insults. :confused:

superdevil said:
um, thanks for that mature contribution. my post was in jest. with your VR score, i can't imagine how you thought what i said warranted insults. :confused:

His comment seemed in jest, too. Man, people can be touchy... :D

MoosePilot said:
His comment seemed in jest, too. Man, people can be touchy... :D

um yea...people are under just a tiny bit of stress right now

and i remember someone being a little touchy when someone called the aamc 7 test aamc7R and verbal reasoning something else... :p

Psycho Doctor said:
um yea...people are under just a tiny bit of stress right now

and i remember someone being a little touchy when someone called the aamc 7 test aamc7R and verbal reasoning something else... :p

I hope you guys did really well on your MedCATs!

VPDcurt said:

Hey Psycho - I like the addition to the sig. Oh, and I'm so sorry to hear about your day on Sat. That really sucks. I hope you did well anyway. If it makes you feel any better, and I know it probably won't, but I had the flu all last week and still felt like crap during the test.

VPDcurt said:

whoa, that's amazing...congrats!!!

And to comment on your comment from a now closed thread:

"Hey Psycho - I like the addition to the sig. Oh, and I'm so sorry to hear about your day on Sat. That really sucks. I hope you did well anyway. If it makes you feel any better, and I know it probably won't, but I had the flu all last week and still felt like crap during the test."

wow that sucks...sorry you had the flu and felt like crap during the test but obviously you still were able to concentrate and do well. I can't say the same...i think if i didn't have to leave the room so often and lose so much time...and yea i guess be in chronic pain in between maybe i could have concentrated better...but it really did suck.

Originally Posted by MoosePilot
His comment seemed in jest, too. Man, people can be touchy
what! how dare you imply that i'm "touchy"? i'll kill you!!! :laugh:

yeah, i posted as i was doing about 12 things at once and didn't get. oops. :rolleyes:

my bad, liverotcod! i'd edit my post, but MoosePilot quoted me to immortalize my mistake! :laugh:

sd

superdevil said:

Haha, true gunners would already have taken the exam. The only gunners left are those who are taking it before their junior year :eek:. I remember the score predicition thread though, everyone was like, "Yea...I don't think I did as well as I thought...I don't think I bust a 40, that darned PS, I think I only made a 13 :(."

I got slaughtered in PS (form CP) so the AAMC is gonna have to break out a new score conversion and give me a -2.

superdevil said:
what! how dare you imply that i'm "touchy"? i'll kill you!!! :laugh:

yeah, i posted as i was doing about 12 things at once and didn't get. oops. :rolleyes:

my bad, liverotcod! i'd edit my post, but MoosePilot quoted me to immortalize my mistake! :laugh:

sd

No harm, no foul. If I had done better than Q on my WS, I probably could have written something more obviously funny. The only thing worse than being witty, according to John Cleese, is being not witty.

The only thing worse than being witty, according to John Cleese, is being not witty.
agreed. john cleese certainly does rule. how about a monty python reunion? Holy Grail II sounds pretty nice right about now... :D

why doesn't anyone hit reply to the po tthey actually want to reply to? someone once asked me if i know how to use quotes..but theoretically no one needs to use quotes if they reply to the correct post. i am confident that i always do that..except when i follow what most of you people here do....

That?s right. I was consistently getting 33?s on the AAMC exams, only to wind up with a probable 26 on the real deal. Why? Two reasons: lack of sleep and a really, really hard exam. As far as the sleep goes, I detailed everything in the sleep thread, but basically I got only 3 hours due to getting a really crappy hotel and also being riddled with anxiety and adrenaline.

As far as the exam, I had form AK. The physical was really not that bad. It was mostly formulas and not too much problem solving. The verbal section was a nightmare though. What got me was the spanish ships enigma. I could make no sense of it and after spending 15 minutes on it I had to end up guessing on all of the questions pertaining to it. It set me so far behind I could not catch back up and had to end up blind guessing on the last 8 questions.

Then the bio. Ohhh, the bio. This was one of the hardest bio sections I have ever encountered. It was mostly abstract problem solving.

Overall, this was one bitch of an exam. If I had been getting mid 20?s on my practice exams, I wouldn?t be upset right now, but I was getting 33 consistently. So to come out of it with that much of a point drop is extremely upsetting. The average MCAt score for my state school is a 29, and I?ll be lucky to get a 27. So it looks like I won?t be getting into med school next year. Looks like I will have to take the Kaplan course in spring and retake the MCAT in April. That means starting med school in ?06. I did all my studying this summer on my own. And that is evenings and weekends. I worked during the weekdays. In the end, it all came down to not getting enough sleep the night before the exam. And let that be a lesson to you! haha.

LOLLL
i agree that damn graph on form A_ was a PUZZLE
i find that hilarious
its like they stuck it there to watch us squirm like dirty piggies!

Psycho Doctor said:
why doesn't anyone hit reply to the po tthey actually want to reply to? someone once asked me if i know how to use quotes..but theoretically no one needs to use quotes if they reply to the correct post. i am confident that i always do that..except when i follow what most of you people here do....

Not everyone uses the same view. I don't use a "by thread" view, so I can never tell who the heck you're talking to.