USMLE Official step 2 cs results on 3rd of february.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knosway14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Post your experiences and results here.

Members don't see this ad.

After several days of thinking about my errors I finally came up with a list that, for now, seems to be all i can remember i screwed up on: 1. Ran out of time to write the tests i'd order for 1 patient 2. Put CT and Xray of head when i meant spine 3. accidentally wrote an incorrect abbreviation for a differential (cant specify due to USMLE rules) 4. forgot to do a few key physical exam maneuvers i.e. heaves, thrills, pmi, when required 5. didnt ask anyone about quality of life being affected/in what way its affected them i.e. didnt ask if affects sleep or work, etc, never said im sorry about their chief complaint, i would just kinda throw in random apologies and sorries when it fit throughout the case or say things like we'll definitely try to help you now, thats the goal, we'll definitely try to get this fixed for u asap, i'll keep u in the loop, ill tell you the results as they come, etc etc etc and i also didnt ask what they thought it could be or how do u think this can be managed etf... wtf thats so counterintuitive....yea lemme baby them in layman terms then ask hey how do u think this treatment etc shud be?? Fogured a closure with what i thimk it is and the relative tests and asking if further questions/concerns will suffice 6. had 1 awkward moment with a patient that was unexpected during a left lateral decubitus pt said well this is awkward but i apologized right away for it 7. Didn't document things like scars or tattoes but mentioned it to the patient 8. was running out of space multiple times on the HPI so if say a person didnt smoke, drink, etc... i deleted those things from HPI so i can fit something more pertinent, so basically seems like i asked an entire social history but will not get credit for doing so because ran out of space to fit in other things and the things i did ask will not be known now even thought they were done 9. multiple differentials seemed off to me, some i could not think of more than 1 because felt so obvious, other times (possibly 2-4) was completely boggled by what to even put down as first one, and other times something i should have put on the list, i didn't and didnt realize it after, just kinda hoping the ones i kept still can fit the HPI, etc. 10. never put pertinent negatives into the differentials 11. several patients during the encounter (maybe 2) i forgot to ask a key question that would have lead to a certain better test being ordered aka the patient gave clues to something i, in my ever lasting nervousness and anxiety did not pick up on as hey buddy u may wanna ask about this or inquire about that. 12. I never summarized the HPI/physical findings, i just did the closure and told them what I think it can be/why i think its that/what tests id order/why id order them, not sure if doing a closure but not a summary will kill 13. Provided counseling for whoever i thought needed it for things like alcohol... but in case like alcohol i forgot to say the CAGE results... again something i did that won't be in note 14. didn't put in vital signs for every patient... probably had em all for only half and some of them i just put in w/e i thought was actually pertinent 15. Few times wrote "non-medical" terminology 16. scared **** out of patient by saying cancer.... but obviously wiggled around it saying its not for sure we have to run tests, etc etc 17. when i did my abdominal exam... instead of pulling from the bottom... i figured if the patient is already ungowned for the cardiac/resp exam, may as well help them lay down and just pull gown down a little more and do abdomen 18. didnt ask every female about their obgyn history, menopause etc, only if it was needed (or so i thought) 19. lot of my physical exams seemed kinda weakish, i did the typical heart/lungs... +s1/s2 no murmurs rubs gallops regular rate rhythm clear to ausc bilaterally (never wrote no wheezes rales or rhonchi tho whoops) 20. Forgot cn 11 on one patient and 8 on an other 21. Forgot to ask birth hx and development in peds case 22. Forgot to ask about medication compliance for a pt that obviously needed that question asked ...but that was a case i screwed up completely head to toe... 23. Phys exams were very basic usually i.e. rre s1s2 no mrg and clear to ausc bilaterally for heart/lungs 24. Feel like maybe half my dx were wrong...25. Forgot to ask 1 or 2 patients who looked in pain if i can help or make more comfy

Im definitely gonna remember other things... but as it stands... it seems like i failed ICE or CIS or both

Exam Dec 29 in Atlanta....PASSED!!!!!! For those in need of hope, see my multiple other posts about being sure I failed. Will post links when I get to a comp.

Now we KNOW this test has no validity... Only way I could have done worse was to moon the SP and/ or offer them some PCP! Lol

Thank you I actually laughed out loud fir the first time today!!! Took my test today i hope and pray i passed! Thanks for cheering me up

I passed today with higher performance, I am glad this silly exam is over it was not hard but it was nerve racking waiting on results my score is high and I am satisfied with that. My experience was many of the sps were not super friendly but I was able to counsel and finish pn in time on each case. I put in three months csevideo and read fa and used my little brother as a sp I am in clinical rotations in downtown clinic and this one on one with real patients helped me a lot when it came to angry sps in the exam. my advice read fa get sp live and watch csevideo. if you have questions post here and I will answer.