Official StudySchedule Content Sheets and Resource Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studyschedule

Partner Organization
Vendor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the purpose of this page?

This page is intended for all discussions pertaining to StudySchedule's resources. Questions such as:

1. I think XYZ company's materials deserve a higher value. Can StudySchedule reflect that?
2. The page numbers for ABC resource is wrong. Can StudySchedule fix it?
3. Can the description for DEF unit be updated to be clearer?

What is StudySchedule?

StudySchedule is a nonprofit aimed to help students prepare for the MCAT's in a more streamlined fashion. The website is available at:

http://studyschedule.org

How do we recommend resources to students?

We are unaffiliated with any test prep company, and aim to be completely fair an transparent in the way we select resources.

All of the data used for the site's resources are below:

Resources
Content Review Materials
Practice Materials

The original sheets were written by @mcatjelly from one of the most popular MCAT study guides on SDN.

How are the sheets formatted?

First, two buzz words: Resources, and Units.
A resource is a textbook, reviewbook, video series, etc. that can be bought or accessed by users.
A unit is a chapter, video within a resource.

Resources go into the "Resources" sheet. Resources are then further divided into content and practice. Content involves content review. EK Biology is an example of a Content Resource. Practice does not involve content review. AAMC full length tests are examples of Practice Resources.

Each unit has a "Value" column from 1-20 that rates that unit's effectiveness.

Where does the content sheets go?

It goes to a proprietary algorithm that is completely agnostic to specific test prep companies. If you are an engineer and curious, email [email protected] for details.

Give us feedback!

StudySchedule is on an ongoing schedule to improve the quality of the content. For all content related questions, comments, and suggestions, please post them here. Non content-related questions do not go here.

Approximately once every 6 weeks to 2 months, all suggestions on the forms will be evaluated and pushed to the site. Over time, we expect the quality of the recommendations to increase.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hoping to help with this small list of requested resources. Please see below:
Content Resources
- AAMC Official Guide (the book itself, not just the questions)
- TPR Psychology and Sociology (1st Edition)

Practice Resources
- Khan Academy Passages (B/B, C/P and P/S)
- Khan Academy CARS practice questions
- Kaplan FL exams
- TPR FL exams

Reactions: 1 users
Hoping to help with this small list of requested resources. Please see below:
Content Resources
- AAMC Official Guide (the book itself, not just the questions)
- TPR Psychology and Sociology (1st Edition)

Practice Resources
- Khan Academy Passages (B/B, C/P and P/S)
- Khan Academy CARS practice questions
- Kaplan FL exams
- TPR FL exams

Thanks for the suggestions. Mind going ahead and suggesting the unit breakdowns for some of them on the official spreadsheets?

We'll review them, and then add them to the site.

(Anyone can and should help!)

Reactions: 1 user
Is it possible to adjust hours available to study per day? (I work full time, so can do more on weekends and less on week days)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you please add
-Kaplan 3rd Edition Complete 7 Book + Online Review
-Examcrackers 10th Edition Bundle
-Kaplan Online 3 Full Tests
- AAMC Flashcards
- Kaplan Flashcards
-MCAT Verbal Practice: 108 Passages for the New CARS Section (More MCAT Practice)

Also I am confused about why not all my listed resources are being listed under resources? ( I have extensive resources, but am not looking to add any new resources and am confused about the spending section. Is that how much I want to spend additionally to the resources I have? If not why are resources I already have being listed to be purchased and why aren't all the resources I have listed there if it is not just additional resources?

Is it possible to add an edit button to change your schedule settings so you do not have to change the whole thing a million times to figure out how it works?

Hey Silvija10,

Thanks for the input. We've added you're first 3 suggestions, as well as your last one, but are opting to leave out the flashcards, because we feel that flashcards are almost always best utilized when you make your own. There are numerous apps such as Anki and Quizlet, not to mention plain old index cards, that enable you to customize each term you decide to include in your deck. Moreover, if you or anyone else has any other suggestions, or would like to learn of and contribute some free practice resources, we will soon be posting a blog either on our site or here on SDN that strives to compile said resources.

I like this a lot. It would be cool to have an option to select which recommended resources you will/will not purchase, though. Not everyone is going to buy everything you recommend - it's not like SDN is Jesus coming down to grant a guaranteed 520. I'll probably buy the recommended ones, but I did downscale my cost limit to do so. I have the new Kaplan 7 book set, which I listed, yet before I changed my cost limit I was recommended a couple expensive books in sections that I'm strong in already and don't foresee buying unless the practice tests go badly in that area.

I agree with Silvija10 on a couple things as well. I don't see the Kaplan Complete 7 Book Review 3rd edition as an available selection for what one already has, and I also work FT and would like to increase my study hours on the weekends.

Seriously, thanks for investing into this tool, though. Awesome.

Once again, thanks for your input Thoth. We're taking what you said in consideration and incorporating it into our recommendation paradigm. Feel free to continue adding suggestions, you're only help us help you!

Great concept for a website! I've been playing around with the beginning questionnaire for different combinations of timelines, materials, budget, etc and noticed that there is sometimes a bug in the program when I pick an unlimited budget where there are no study materials suggested at all for some of the subjects where as picking the default $700 budget populates every subject with some form of study material.

Great concept for a website! I've been playing around with the beginning questionnaire for different combinations of timelines, materials, budget, etc and noticed that there is sometimes a bug in the program when I pick an unlimited budget where there are no study materials suggested at all for some of the subjects where as picking the default $700 budget populates every subject with some form of study material.
sorry for the runon sentence by the way :D

Hey Silvija10,

Thanks for the input. We've added you're first 3 suggestions, as well as your last one, but are opting to leave out the flashcards, because we feel that flashcards are almost always best utilized when you make your own. There are numerous apps such as Anki and Quizlet, not to mention plain old index cards, that enable you to customize each term you decide to include in your deck. Moreover, if you or anyone else has any other suggestions, or would like to learn of and contribute some free practice resources, we will soon be posting a blog either on our site or here on SDN that strives to compile said resources.[/QUO
I requested to start my task today and it still says take a break. I also tried restarting the questionaire

Thanks for the suggestions. Mind going ahead and suggesting the unit breakdowns for some of them on the official spreadsheets?

We'll review them, and then add them to the site.

(Anyone can and should help!)

I requested to start my task today and it still says take a break. I also tried restarting the questionaire. Sorry if I keep posting I not sure how to post a comment.

I am also unable to actually see my schedule. Every day is a break day and I'm given no actual information. I also don't see a response to the question the person before me asked. Is the site no longer working? Has this project been abandoned? Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a great idea! I'm curious though: why aren't any of TBR books included as a resource? It sounds like they are one of the most popular books, and were included in the original study plans that the studyschedule.org is based off of.

If there's no particular reason, could we request to add them?

Thanks!

Hey everyone, SDN is currently working on updating StudySchedule and addressing all of your comments and suggestions. Please PM me if you have any immediate concerns that have not been addressed. Happy studying!

Hi, I added all my resources to my settings, but on the resources tab it still asks me to buy some resources I already have (And it took them into account when making my timeline), but it asks me to buy others that it didn't include in my timeline (like the AAMC q-packs)...how do I fix this?

Hi, I added all my resources to my settings, but on the resources tab it still asks me to buy some resources I already have (And it took them into account when making my timeline)

Currently existing resource will still show up in the suggested purchase page - this is something I have added to my list to fix. For now, please ignore the suggestion to purchase resources you already have. I sent you a PM to get to the bottom of the issue with the AAMC q-packs.

Reactions: 1 user

This page is intended for all discussions pertaining to StudySchedule's resources. Questions such as:

1. I think XYZ company's materials deserve a higher value. Can StudySchedule reflect that?

What is StudySchedule?

StudySchedule is a nonprofit aimed to help students prepare for the MCAT's in a more streamlined fashion. The website is available at:

StudySchedule

We are unaffiliated with any test prep company, and aim to be completely fair an transparent in the way we select resources.

Resources
Content Review Materials
Practice Materials

The original sheets were written by @mcatjelly from one of the most popular MCAT study guides on SDN.

A resource is a textbook, reviewbook, video series, etc. that can be bought or accessed by users.

Resources go into the "Resources" sheet. Resources are then further divided into content and practice. Content involves content review. EK Biology is an example of a Content Resource. Practice does not involve content review. AAMC full length tests are examples of Practice Resources.

It goes to a proprietary algorithm that is completely agnostic to specific test prep companies. If you are an engineer and curious, email [email protected] for details.

Give us feedback!

StudySchedule is on an ongoing schedule to improve the quality of the content. For all content related questions, comments, and suggestions, please post them here. Non content-related questions do not go here.

Approximately once every 6 weeks to 2 months, all suggestions on the forms will be evaluated and pushed to the site. Over time, we expect the quality of the recommendations to increase.

What is StudySchedule?

StudySchedule

Resources
Content Review Materials
Practice Materials

Give us feedback!

Hi. In my schedule for the first day I have to complete 5 units of the NS 108 passages CARS. Could you please clarify if these are 5 timed passages or 5 sections? There is no chapters in this all practice book.

Hi. In my schedule for the first day I have to complete 5 units of the NS 108 passages CARS. Could you please clarify if these are 5 timed passages or 5 sections? There is no chapters in this all practice book.

Hey, I sent you a PM with a more in-depth explanation but I believe each unit should represent 3 practice passages.

hello i have TBR books that i would like to use and it won't let me edit. is there anyway that I may edit my schedule to what i want to utilize?

hello i have TBR books that i would like to use and it won't let me edit. is there anyway that I may edit my schedule to what i want to utilize?

We will be releasing a new version very soon that allows you to do just that! I will PM you some information so you can get early access.