***Official Tufts University School of Dental Medicine c/o 2013 Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo
I was there on the 22nd, and you?

I was there on the 22nd!

Members don't see this ad.

i have an interview Feb 9th, can i still join the facebook group? LOL ooook ooook ill wait tO:xf: HOPEFULLY:xf: see "offer made"
Congrats to everyone who has worked so hard & got in!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
don't get ahead of yer self now lol

I signed up to interview feb 20th. . .is it to my disadvantage that I chose a later interview date compared to Feb 9th??

I signed up to interview feb 20th. . .is it to my disadvantage that I chose a later interview date compared to Feb 9th??
In my opinion yes bc Tufts accepted our interview group literally just 7 days afterwards. So Tufts accepts pretty fast...the longer you wait the more competitive it may get, this is just my 2cents. Can you reschedule to an earlier date?

I'd change it to the 9th if I were you.

On a totally different note, do we need to collect teeth?

Hey I understand your concern, I'm interviewing at Tufts on Feb. 19th. At first I thought the earliest date would be the best, but it so happens that I have Feb. break from college starting the 16th. The 19th works best for me so that's when I decided to go.

When I called to schedule my interview I asked the lady I spoke with if I would be at a disadvantage by interviewing later and she said no. I think that Tufts will not make decisions until they have completed all Feb. interviews, but that's just my $0.02.

I think that Tufts will not make decisions until they have completed all Feb. interviews, but that's just my $0.02.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. It was my understanding that they review candidates every two weeks, thus it would be a (slight) disadvantage to go later. You might be better off cutting class for a day and going to the earlier interview.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. It was my understanding that they review candidates every two weeks, thus it would be a (slight) disadvantage to go later. You might be better off cutting class for a day and going to the earlier interview.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will certainly consider it.

Is there any advantage to applying really early to Tufts, if they don't even start reviewing applications until the fall?

It is always best to apply early regardless if a school reviews later in the cycle. In my case, it had to do with luck of the draw and also the other components of your apps such as personal statement, rec letters, and community service to make up for my below average GPA.
I sent my application in on October 11th, but was fortunate to get an interview in late January for Tufts. I had a total of 4 interviews, but probably could have had double the number of interviews had I not been so indecisive and applied in early May or June.

Is there any advantage to applying really early to Tufts, if they don't even start reviewing applications until the fall?
Regardless of when they start reviewing apps, they'll probably review them in the order received. So, if your app is the first they see vs the 4000th, you'd have a better chance of at least getting an interview slot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Regardless of when they start reviewing apps, they'll probably review them in the order received. So, if your app is the first they see vs the 4000th, you'd have a better chance of at least getting an interview slot.
I submitted late May and am still awaiting an invite from Tufts...

Then again, nothing in life is certain... there are lots of schools I should've gotten interview invites from that I didn't even hear back from. Dental school application is sort of a crapshoot sometimes:)

Just hang in there.

i got into both BU and Tufts yesterday. someone help me decide between the two. I loved them both :(

people need to start adding each other on the facebook group, lol.

Doc I always see your posts ... what are your stats and where do you hope to be next year ... if you dont mind my asking?

Doc I always see your posts ... what are your stats and where do you hope to be next year ... if you dont mind my asking?

Hopefully Tufts! I'll be interviewing their soon :banana: I'll disclose the stats after I get some love from y'all.

Feb 17th for me.

Hopefully Tufts! I'll be interviewing their soon :banana: I'll disclose the stats after I get some love from y'all.

We love you ... especially that fro ... my stats are posted on predents

people need to start adding each other on the facebook group, lol.

Why? We don't even know who's coming for sure yet. I figure we'd add all 168 of us in May when the roster is set in stone.

Yea... I decided to join the facebook group yesterday because I deposited and I figured I was going to Tufts, but then UNLV called me today, and they said deferment was a possibility (something I want/need to do, and Tufts denied my request) so I dunno anymore :p

Yea... I decided to join the facebook group yesterday because I deposited and I figured I was going to Tufts, but then UNLV called me today, and they said deferment was a possibility (something I want/need to do, and Tufts denied my request) so I dunno anymore :p

Congrats ... let us know what you decide.

Why? We don't even know who's coming for sure yet. I figure we'd add all 168 of us in May when the roster is set in stone.

gotcha, I was under the impression that those who joined the group definitely knew they were going to attend, had sent in a deposit, and is looking for places to live.

I sent in my deposit!
I know this is the wrong thread to ask this question, but do you guys know anyone who got rejected from Tufts? I was just curious. Since Tufts made extra care in selling their school at the interview (bravo, Mark! :clap:), I'm just wondering if Tufts is accepting just about everyone who applied. I know the stats say that we were picked from over 4000 applicants, but that could be just a big marketing scheme. :confused: Haha please call me crazy!

I think the better question to ask would be did Tufts accept everyone they interviewed?

Hey guys, where is Tufts located relative to BU? I can't believe I didn't apply there.

Tufts dental school is located in Chinatown ... i dont know about BU

gotcha, I was under the impression that those who joined the group definitely knew they were going to attend, had sent in a deposit, and is looking for places to live.

The Facebook group is a combination of people who were accepted and are definitely going to attend, people who just interviewed there, people who hope to get an interview there, people from the class of 2012, and people who were accepted and will attend unless their state school (or Harvard) calls them and they will change their mind despite having the Tufts deposit down. Definitely? Definitely maybe.

I think the better question to ask would be did Tufts accept everyone they interviewed?

~70%. Higher than average, but not quite the 97% of UoP.

I interviewed in a cohort of 12, if that percentage holds true, than 8 or 9 of us made it.

~70%. Higher than average, but not quite the 97% of UoP.

I interviewed in a cohort of 12, if that percentage holds true, than 8 or 9 of us made it.
I think the number is closer to 90% for the first group to interview, and then drops off a little towards the end. I know that in my interview group (the first of the year), the people were pretty crazy... I can't really see Tufts rejecting most of those people. Either way, I get the feeling that most of the decision is made before you even get to the interview.

I had originally established the group as a means to disperse pertinent class-related information and to help each other out with housing. It obviously wouldn't hurt if people who aren't in the class to add... but hey, I kinda like the whole idea of exclusivity of just OUR class... and the assurance that we will be definitely seeing each other on orientation day.

I had originally established the group as a means to disperse pertinent class-related information and to help each other out with housing. It obviously wouldn't hurt if people who aren't in the class to add... but hey, I kinda like the whole idea of exclusivity of just OUR class... and the assurance that we will be definitely seeing each other on orientation day.

I haven't posted on SDN in a while but me too Cybermech! At first (since I was the second person to join the group and it stayed that way for quite a while), I though that it was for people who had definitely decided they were going to Tufts like me and Cyber, especially since I knew others had been accepted and declined to join the facebook group because they had not made up their mind. I was cool with that, I liked that. It is cool that so many girls of '12 (and one guy, lol!) are joining the group but if you are not even sure you are going to attend... I can understand if one has questions or whatever but SDN is for that... even this thread can be used for that... but that group should be for those who decided to attend (it says Tufts Class of 2013...). It would be more useful to students that decided to attend to have their own section so as to ask each other questions that are pertinent to them such as housing and other stuff having to do with Tufts instead of off-topic questions. Even if someone was interested in reading what others in the group were saying, it is open group and anyone can browse the discussions.

Having said that, I am not a person into telling other individuals on what to do and if people want to join this group, then have at it! I just wanted to state my $0.02 on that.

Do you guys know why Tufts would reject their interviewers or put them on the waitlist?

Do you guys know why Tufts would reject their interviewers or put them on the waitlist?

Tufts wouldn't reject their interviewers since they are already current students..

They reject interviewees for the same reasons that other schools reject interviewees: wierd personality, poor speech skills, poor morals & ethics, lied on application, HIV-phobic, not knowlegeable/excited about school they're interviewing for, doesn't have a good reason "why dentistry?", or they interviewed equally well with someone with higher stats thus they lose the tiebreaker because there are only a limited number of seats.

I just wonder... After you guys sent the deposit, do they send something to you such as receipt, and other information?
Because of the damn USPS, I sent my deposit by Priority mail with certified option on Feb 3, but they've nerver update on the tracking page.
I should call on Monday... whether the mail arrived safely.

I just wonder... After you guys sent the deposit, do they send something to you such as receipt, and other information?
Because of the damn USPS, I sent my deposit by Priority mail with certified option on Feb 3, but they've nerver update on the tracking page.
I should call on Monday... whether the mail arrived safely.

"Greetings from the Admissions Office at Tufts University. Our
office has recently received your deposit to the DMD program."

I assume email

i turned Tufts down....

Thanks for sharing, but who cares. I turned down two schools and withdrew my application from three others, but you don't see me posting on their threads.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing b*tch, but who the f*ck cares. I turned down two schools and withdrew my application from three others, but you don't see me posting on their threads.

nice professionalism, im sure you will graduate at the top of your class?

Status
Not open for further replies.