*** Official UConn C/O 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I'm applying next year - But I want to support my fellow SDNers!
Oh ok. Well have fun next year after watching everyone freak out this year lol. Thanks for the support!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received any rejections from UConn, or does anyone know if UConn sends out rejections before December 1st?

Members don't see this ad :)
WAITLISTED OOS WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

i know that's not exciting but I have so much adrenaline from this morning!!

Waitlisted OOS

Brutal... hoping most of the students accepted pick other schools.

Accepted!!! In state, deposit paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected this morning, OOS, no interview. Those savages

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted as New England resident at 8:03 AM through e-mail!!

Congrats Everyone accepted! You'll be receiving a facebook invite sometime soon to the UConn Dental class of 2020's Facebook! Be sure to let me know if you need any info that's helpful in making your decision :welcome:

Reactions: 3 users
Enjoy your December 1st next year.

Thank you. In the meantime, enjoy your low-cost, amazing-clinical, awesome-faculty, fantastic med-curriculum-based-dental-education.

UConn is on my shortlist for next year, and I hope I'm as fortunate as you were today!

Do any current UCONN OOS students know if they offer scholarships post acceptance email???

Do any current UCONN OOS students know if they offer scholarships post acceptance email???

They have in the past, but only for the reasons I described earlier in this thread.

has anyone tried to pay the second $500 deposit yet?

paid second deposit last night

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for letting us know. Next time my checking account grows rather than shrinks I'll be sure to get mine in.

definitely hurtin from these last two payments...

Well, essentially the entire model of education. The shift will be from lecture-based classes to PBL/TBL environments (Problem-Based Learning and Team-Based Learning). The partnership with Bioscience Connecticut is also driving UConn to increase both their dental school and medical school class sizes by 30 percent. So, as opposed to 40-ish dental students per class, there will be 50-55ish and as opposed to 100-ish med students there will be 130-ish.

USC implemented PBL back in 1996 and has done it ever since. Here's an article detailing their roll-out: https://news.usc.edu/13786/School-of-Dentistry-launches-PBL-pilot/

PBL is what Harvard's curriculum is built on as well. Here is also a perspective on PBL from Nadeem Karimbux, D.M.D., M.D., who at the time of this writing was the Assistant Dean of Dental Education and an Associate Professor at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. It seems he's now at Tufts as the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs: http://www.adea.org/adeacci/Campus-...ctive/Pages/November2009GuestPerspective.aspx

Has anyone who has been wait listed heard back yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Gave up my seat earlier this morning, hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist!

Waiting!!! Does anyone know how fast the wait list moves. I was waitlisted in Dec., OOS.

Don't say that man it isn't over until the fat lady sings on December 1st, but thank you for the kind words.

Accepted! In-state! Email at 8:03am! Paying my mother****ing admissions deposit now! See you all in August!

Well, my friend- the Fat Lady sang loudly, and a happy ending to this story was written. Kind of cool to go back through the months and see you writing about wanting to get in, and then getting it. Like an admissions journal of sorts.