**Official UMDNJ class of 2013 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Selso2109

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is a little late, but we didn't have one for UMDNJ. This is my top choice and I am very happy to have the privilege to go to school here. I will be attending and I look forward to meeting any of you who may be my future classmates.

Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be there. SO excited !!!!! By the way, I'm at RU as well!!!! Excited to start this new journey but I will definitely miss good ol' Rutgers. We should start a facebook group.

I'm still trying to decide. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
i'll probably go if i can get in-state tution.

Accepted! Not sure if I'm attending just yet - waiting to hear back from a few other schools before I make such a huge decision.

Congrats everybody! Perhaps I'll see some of you guys in your light blue scrubs next year :p

Congrats everybody! Perhaps I'll see some of you guys in your light blue scrubs next year :p

Ooh yes I saw the color we'd be wearing at my interview ... it's a good color, I could live in it for four years :cool:

i like the idea of wearing scrubs but i wish we could wear something other than white sneaks. i already have comfortable shoes that i was planning on wearing. are they really strict about white socks and white t-shirts underneath the scrub? also do you know what the exact thinkpad series we'll be required to buy?

i like the idea of wearing scrubs but i wish we could wear something other than white sneaks. i already have comfortable shoes that i was planning on wearing. are they really strict about white socks and white t-shirts underneath the scrub? also do you know what the exact thinkpad series we'll be required to buy?

The white sneakers/white socks/whiteshirt thing is a MUST when you're in the clinic, which is only once a week during 1st semester. Some instructors on the clinic floor are very very picky about the dress code and will even send you out if you're not following it. During lecture though, none of the teachers really care. You'll probably be able to get away with your current shoes in lecture and preclinic as long as their not super bright and are at least mostly white. As for the thinkpad, they give it to you the first day of orientation along with your scrubs. It's a part of tuition and you're required to get it through the school. It's a thinkpad t61 series which isn't too bad. You won't be able to get out of getting it either (trust me I tried). It comes preloaded with lots of stuff that they require you to have.

P.S., All you guys are lucky to have the color scrubs you're getting. My class is stuck with the lovely "Seaspray" green. When we all move as a group, we look like a giant snot rag coming to swallow your soul. :eek:

The white sneakers/white socks/whiteshirt thing is a MUST when you're in the clinic, which is only once a week during 1st semester. Some instructors on the clinic floor are very very picky about the dress code and will even send you out if you're not following it. During lecture though, none of the teachers really care. You'll probably be able to get away with your current shoes in lecture and preclinic as long as their not super bright and are at least mostly white. As for the thinkpad, they give it to you the first day of orientation along with your scrubs. It's a part of tuition and you're required to get it through the school. It's a thinkpad t61 series which isn't too bad. You won't be able to get out of getting it either (trust me I tried). It comes preloaded with lots of stuff that they require you to have.

P.S., All you guys are lucky to have the color scrubs you're getting. My class is stuck with the lovely "Seaspray" green. When we all move as a group, we look like a giant snot rag coming to swallow your soul. :eek:

So on lecture days, we can wear normal clothes? or scrubs but less strict? Sorry to hear about the Seaspray green. What are the colors - light blue, dark blue, green, and ??? By the way, how big is the laptop 15, 17"?

Congratulations on being accepted, UMDNJ is a wonderful school!!! If you're still on the fence and have any questions, feel free to PM me. I can tell you about the curriculum, first semester classes, or what the atmosphere is like for a first year.

It's a really great school and can't wait to meet you next year.

:):D:):D:)

-Dave

So on lecture days, we can wear normal clothes? or scrubs but less strict? Sorry to hear about the Seaspray green. What are the colors - light blue, dark blue, green, and ??? By the way, how big is the laptop 15, 17"?

Sorry, you have to wear the scrubs everyday, even in lecture. You can wear business formal sometimes but they say you really should only do this if you have something important to do afterward and don't have time to change. Preclinic and clinic have to be scrubs. What you can get away with is your shoes in lecture. They don't really have to be white. And sometimes when it gets hot, you'll see a bunch of us shedding our scrub shirt in lecture or preclinic and just wearing the white shirt (but you put it back on when you walk through the halls). And the laptop is a 15 inch with windows XP.

Oh and the other color is the 2011 class which they refer to as "Smurf blue". It's the brightest blue you can think of.

has anyone gotten any scholarship info yet or know when we will receive it??

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in! I'm so excited! UMDNJ was my first choice. :)

Congrats to everyone else who got in!

Ah. I'm in but still trying to decide between UMDNJ and temple...

im in the same situation, trying to decide between Temple and UMDNJ. In my research, both are excellent schools. Being from south jersey, it is turning out to be a tough decision to make.

Well, I've decided to deposit at UMDNJ :) I was deciding for a while between Temple and NJ (kind of funny that that seems to be the main decision people are having on here) ... but have decided that I'll be just as happy at NJ, and that the difference in education isn't worth the extra $50k for me. I think NJ is going to be the best choice for me in the long run anyway, because I plan to settle in this state. I still kind of hope I get into Stony Brook, and if I do I might reconsider NJ. But for now I'll focus on NJ because it's where I've been accepted and where I'll be sending $1000 before January 15th. So it is very, very possible I'll be seeing you in the fall in Newark!

So you decided eh? $50K difference over 4 years is a lot of money especially with interest!

Well, I've decided to deposit at UMDNJ :) I was deciding for a while between Temple and NJ (kind of funny that that seems to be the main decision people are having on here) ... but have decided that I'll be just as happy at NJ, and that the difference in education isn't worth the extra $50k for me. I think NJ is going to be the best choice for me in the long run anyway, because I plan to settle in this state. I still kind of hope I get into Stony Brook, and if I do I might reconsider NJ. But for now I'll focus on NJ because it's where I've been accepted and where I'll be sending $1000 before January 15th. So it is very, very possible I'll be seeing you in the fall in Newark!

So you decided eh? $50K difference over 4 years is a lot of money especially with interest!

Indeed, I did. I sat down and talked with 3 of the dentists I work with and they all told me that my best option is to go to the cheapest school. Even the one who went to Temple said to save myself the extra money - even though $50k doesn't sound like much, and in the long run when you're making as much as a full time dentist can make, it is not too too much .. it's just extra cash I don't need to spend because regardless of where I go, I'll be a dentist. (I think that has become my favorite quote because every dentist has told me that - "No matter where you go and what rank you graduate in your class, you'll still be a dentist.") If I don't feel confident enough in my clinical experience upon graduation, I can take a GPR or AEGD if I don't apply to some other type of residency. Plus, the office I work at has an office in Newark as well which is only 2 miles from NJDS - not that I am planning to work during d-school, but should I have some time off and really be hurting for cash, I could work there. Soo .. it's absolutely in my best interest to go to New Jersey Dental school. :D

Hey guys. So I guess I'll probably be meeting all ya next year. Is this a list of everyone going to NJDS next fall?

What is the next step after sending the deposit and the forms for NJDS?

did anyone get any scholarship stuff yet??

I'll be there. SO excited !!!!! By the way, I'm at RU as well!!!! Excited to start this new journey but I will definitely miss good ol' Rutgers. We should start a facebook group.

we definitely need a fb group! hahah can't wait to meet everyone in august! :)

wow, very quiet thread.............until now

I'M IN, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:laugh:

Baseriar,

:) Congrats on getting in, if you have any questions, feel free to PM. I really think you're going to love it!!!:)

got in today off waitlist. I was dual degree almost got shafted for my guaranteed spot, but, god made it happen.

good luck to other waitlist headzzzz.

Baseriar,

:) Congrats on getting in, if you have any questions, feel free to PM. I really think you're going to love it!!!:)

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Do you know when the orientation is? I was thinking about taking a vacation late summer, so I was wondering when I should get back for school.....can't waaaiiiiit!!!!:D

Hi guys,
I am leaving my room at the University Centre in Newark and I am leaving my room early so it is available to rent for the summer! My lease is until Aug 13 and is available from today. This is perfect for someone just spending the summer here or to live in while looking for more permanent housing. Additionally, if you like it here at the UC, you could renew your lease for the year! Perfect for students or residents, it's fully furnished and has many students living here already.
Please check out my craigslist posting and thank you for your time!

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/roo/1194364937.html

heyy umdnj is my first choice and im applying to it this summer but i was wondering if those of you who have been accepted could post your DAT scores and gpa so i can see if i compare at all.. thanks!

I'm waitlisted at UMDNJ... :(

I was wondering if there has been any movement on the wait list,

or.. if some of you who got accepted are waiting on other schools?!

Give me some hope. argh:bang: